York Inst.

Jet Pride

• 2 weeks later...
  • Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Any names mentioned, this thing is getting late in the year. Who will run spring practice? Lots of questions, few answers.

I may be mistaken, but Hubert Lester will be leading them through spring practice. I believe that they are still searching for or deciding on who will take the job. Like I said before, they are in a unique position. They do not have the luxury of using middle school positions to help load up on coaches. They only have the Highschool to work with. When a coach retires from coaching and not teaching, it ties up a coaching slot and they are not able to hire for that position until they retire from teaching.

I may be mistaken, but Hubert Lester will be leading them through spring practice. I believe that they are still searching for or deciding on who will take the job. Like I said before, they are in a unique position. They do not have the luxury of using middle school positions to help load up on coaches. They only have the Highschool to work with. When a coach retires from coaching and not teaching, it ties up a coaching slot and they are not able to hire for that position until they retire from teaching.

I have heard that James Akers was or will be hired as the next head coach for the Dragons. Like you said someone will have to retire for a teaching position to open up and I heard that Coach Walter Tipton will step down after a long and loyal tenure as a coach and P. E. teacher for over 30 yrs at York Institute.

I have heard that James Akers was or will be hired as the next head coach for the Dragons. Like you said someone will have to retire for a teaching position to open up and I heard that Coach Walter Tipton will step down after a long and loyal tenure as a coach and P. E. teacher for over 30 yrs at York Institute.

How about Options86, are you interested in coaching at York if offered the job?????

No one in administration has approached James Akers. I have heard the same about Walter Tipton. I always enjoyed him. Things should start to shake out in the 3 or 4 weeks.

How about Options86, are you interested in coaching at York if offered the job?????

You wouldn't call a man out would ya? /blush.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":blush:" border="0" alt="blush.gif" />

I'll tell you this. If those kids have the same attitude and work ethic that they had when they were in 8th grade, somebody is going to get a loaded gun! I am interested in those kids getting a staff that will have the kids best interest in mind. I don't care who it is. If I am lucky enough to have this team and some help, I would take them in a heartbeat. They are about as athletic of a group of kids that have been through here, they have an abundance of football sense, and have great attitudes. It was a pleasure working with them when they were younger.

No one in administration has approached James Akers. I have heard the same about Walter Tipton. I always enjoyed him. Things should start to shake out in the 3 or 4 weeks.

Just going on what I was told by someone in the know about York Athletics. I was wondering if the administration has conducted any interviews b/c I seen where the job was posted on the TSSAA website? Is there any other applicants being considered. B/c my source doesn't really know anything about that process? And yes coach Tipton has been a key figure in the lives of thousands of Fentress county students and athletes. I wish him the best.

Just going on what I was told by someone in the know about York Athletics. I was wondering if the administration has conducted any interviews b/c I seen where the job was posted on the TSSAA website? Is there any other applicants being considered. B/c my source doesn't really know anything about that process? And yes coach Tipton has been a key figure in the lives of thousands of Fentress county students and athletes. I wish him the best.

I have heard of a couple that have applied. I think it will be reposted because of the new opening, if the scenario of Walter retiring happens.

You wouldn't call a man out would ya? /blush.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":blush:" border="0" alt="blush.gif" />

I'll tell you this. If those kids have the same attitude and work ethic that they had when they were in 8th grade, somebody is going to get a loaded gun! I am interested in those kids getting a staff that will have the kids best interest in mind. I don't care who it is. If I am lucky enough to have this team and some help, I would take them in a heartbeat. They are about as athletic of a group of kids that have been through here, they have an abundance of football sense, and have great attitudes. It was a pleasure working with them when they were younger.

Not my intentions to call you out, I was just wondering if you were interested in the job. Had someone ask me if you were taking the job. I have also been told DB from Clay Co. might be interested if the P.E. job opened. Options86, I honestly thought you would probably be a good choice for the job. Hope we get someone hired soon so that any "transition-period" struggles can be kept to a minimum. As I usually end my posts: GO YORK!!!!!!!!!

Not my intentions to call you out, I was just wondering if you were interested in the job. Had someone ask me if you were taking the job. I have also been told DB from Clay Co. might be interested if the P.E. job opened. Options86, I honestly thought you would probably be a good choice for the job. Hope we get someone hired soon so that any "transition-period" struggles can be kept to a minimum. As I usually end my posts: GO YORK!!!!!!!!!

I haven't heard that DB was interested, but that was before any P.E. jobs opened up. I agree with the "transition period", but I think that they are trying to get into position where whoever gets the job can have some help. If the kids truly love football, they should be preparing for next season regardless of who the coach will be. So when the coach comes in, they can spend most of the time learning the new playbook and not trying to get back into shape. There is a great base of players here, I hope they get the chance to showcase it.