Is Recruiting Legal

Devil2010

i do not know the rules.

i understand that you must live in the zone to go to most schools.

but, are coaches allowed to contact players or parents from other schools and invite them to move into their area with the promise of playing time or being a starter etc...?

if it is legal, is it ethical?

• Replies 21
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

i do not know the rules.

i understand that you must live in the zone to go to most schools.

but, are coaches allowed to contact players or parents from other schools and invite them to move into their area with the promise of playing time or being a starter etc...?

if it is legal, is it ethical?

yes we just relocated no long ago to florida and coach wouldnt even talk to me about program until daughter enrolled - only a.d. would answer question...

i did coach as o-cord in illinois for private high school for 15 yrs we techniqally didnt recruit but e did have 'feelers" out thier i.e. middle school coaches, youth league coaches, alums that would yell at me if they had joe superstar qb at a middle school- i then would go and watch and send them info about our school ans invite them to tour the campus

yes we just relocated no long ago to florida and coach wouldnt even talk to me about program until daughter enrolled - only a.d. would answer question...

i did coach as o-cord in illinois for private high school for 15 yrs we techniqally didnt recruit but e did have 'feelers" out thier i.e. middle school coaches, youth league coaches, alums that would yell at me if they had joe superstar qb at a middle school- i then would go and watch and send them info about our school ans invite them to tour the campus

Well that never happens in Tn! /thumb[1].gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":thumb:" border="0" alt="thumb[1].gif" /> /roflol.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":roflol:" border="0" alt="roflol.gif" />

Well that never happens in Tn! /thumb[1].gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":thumb:" border="0" alt="thumb[1].gif" /> /roflol.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":roflol:" border="0" alt="roflol.gif" />

funny my daughter played aau game tourney at a private school few months back and after game was approached after game bout if she wanted to attend a open house at a certail tn private school - did the other 9 girls on the team get a persoal invite - funny did this guy whom approached me know my daughter was some brain with high iq ---nope------ did he want her to play tuba ----nope.....

how ya think some of these kids , that live in east nashville go to a ba or ehs

funny my daughter played aau game tourney at a private school few months back and after game was approached after game bout if she wanted to attend a open house at a certail tn private school - did the other 9 girls on the team get a persoal invite - funny did this guy whom approached me know my daughter was some brain with high iq ---nope------ did he want her to play tuba ----nope.....

Then contact the TSSAA with the specifics. Let them decide.

Maybe she needs to play the flute.

Unless you are D-II for some reason they get away with it all the time. I guess if they are all cheating who cares.

the D-II schools get away with it because some of them offer scholarships. that is why they have a different playoff system. the ones that don't can play in the public school playoffs. brentwood academy tried that with a smyrna kid a couple of years ago but he turned them down.

No, it is NOT legal or ethical, but it DOES happen and NOT just with Privates. /popcorneater.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":popcorneater:" border="0" alt="popcorneater.gif" />

As to reporting it to the TSSAA, they WILL act on any reports as long as YOU get everything for them in writing and it does not cost them anything. /dry.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=" /roflol.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":roflol:" border="0" alt="roflol.gif" />