Bray's Rankings for Dec 15 (Div 1 & 2) now posted

CoachBray

Bray's Rankings are posted for this week at tennesseewrestling.com, sorry for being late. Been kinda busy.

Congratulations to Cleveland's Max Ofori for being chosen tennesseewrestling.com's Wrestler of the Week and congratulations to Notre Dame's John Mullin for being chosen tennesseewrestling.com's Coach of the Week.

• Replies 27
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Bray's Rankings are posted for this week at tennesseewrestling.com, sorry for being late. Been kinda busy.

Congratulations to Cleveland's Max Ofori for being chosen tennesseewrestling.com's Wrestler of the Week and congratulations to Notre Dame's John Mullin for being chosen tennesseewrestling.com's Coach of the Week.

I think you are over rating Beazley of Independence. He won against Clarksville in OT 7-6. Lost to the same kid 1-0 at Slamfest. With that said, why are you continueing to move him UP in your poll???? I'm referencing your NOV poll vs your DEC. poll. The Jordon kid is looking strong as a Freshman and deserves more recognition I think. As a Freshman, his accomplishments are strong.

I think you are over rating Beazley of Independence. He won against Clarksville in OT 7-6. Lost to the same kid 1-0 at Slamfest. With that said, why are you continueing to move him UP in your poll???? I'm referencing your NOV poll vs your DEC. poll. The Jordon kid is looking strong as a Freshman and deserves more recognition I think. As a Freshman, his accomplishments are strong.

Hayden is a stud! I don't think they care if he is ranked or not. I don't see

him losing many matches.

Coach Bray may have spent way too much time with a certain member of the board last weekend, picking the EFT coach and jumping on the "let's pick a Cleveland guy for wrestler of the week and watch the Bradley Brigade wig out" bandwagon. /roflol.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":roflol:" border="0" alt="roflol.gif" />

I saw the second match between Beazley and Jordan. In my opinion the ref missed a couple takedowns and NUMEROUS stalling calls. The one point that Jordan got was off an escape when Beazley cut him hoping for a takedown, he spent the whole third period backing up. Not taking anything away from Jordan, but Beazley is the older, stronger, more accomplished wrestler. It was just a clash of styles. And this is coming from a neutral party.

I saw the second match between Beazley and Jordan. In my opinion the ref missed a couple takedowns and NUMEROUS stalling calls. The one point that Jordan got was off an escape when Beazley cut him hoping for a takedown, he spent the whole third period backing up. Not taking anything away from Jordan, but Beazley is the older, stronger, more accomplished wrestler. It was just a clash of styles. And this is coming from a neutral party.

First off, I'm a neutral party too and don't have a dog in this fight. I saw the match as well. Both were stalling in my opinion at several points, but in the end, the escape was the difference and Jordan won a tough match against a ranked opponent. To say older is correct, but stronger and more accomplished I would have to argue with. They have faced each other twice and are 1-1, both being decided by 1 point. I didn't see the missed take downs, but I miss a lot of things, thus is why I am no judge, just a guy with an opinion. These kids are both great wrestlers and I enjoyed watching them wrestle. Looking forward to the next time I get to watch them wrestle.

First off, I'm a neutral party too and don't have a dog in this fight. I saw the match as well. Both were stalling in my opinion at several points, but in the end, the escape was the difference and Jordan won a tough match against a ranked opponent. To say older is correct, but stronger and more accomplished I would have to argue with. They have faced each other twice and are 1-1, both being decided by 1 point. I didn't see the missed take downs, but I miss a lot of things, thus is why I am no judge, just a guy with an opinion. These kids are both great wrestlers and I enjoyed watching them wrestle. Looking forward to the next time I get to watch them wrestle.

To say that Beazley isn't a stronger and more accomplished wrestler is a joke. Looking at them you could tell Beazley is stronger, and he placed 5th last year at the TSSAA state tournament, Jordan is a freshman so the only state tournament he could have wrestled at would have been the AAU middle school state tournament and I think there is no argument which of the two would have been the stronger tourney. /roflol.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":roflol:" border="0" alt="roflol.gif" />

To say that Beazley isn't a stronger and more accomplished wrestler is a joke. Looking at them you could tell Beazley is stronger, and he placed 5th last year at the TSSAA state tournament, Jordan is a freshman so the only state tournament he could have wrestled at would have been the AAU middle school state tournament and I think there is no argument which of the two would have been the stronger tourney. /roflol.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":roflol:" border="0" alt="roflol.gif" />

Looking at them Sat. Beazley is not stronger, nor more accomplished. He lost. Past year accomplishments at state mean zero. Heck, my kid went to state last year. Didn't place.....I was happy for his accomplishments and hard work, but still....that means nothing this year. New kids come on the seen, kids go to camps and such during the summer and improve while others play kick boxing video games. Beazley is a wonderfully skilled wrestler for sure. Absolutely am not trying to take anything away from his hard work and effort. He is very skilled. My initial question is why is he growing in Bray's ranking, but barely winning or even losing to Clarksville. I have nothing to do with Clarksville, not a supporter of the Jordan, not a disliker of Beazley. I don't care either way. I'm just a fan of the sport, see what i see, encourage kids to work hard.

Looking at them Sat. Beazley is not stronger, nor more accomplished. He lost. Past year accomplishments at state mean zero. Heck, my kid went to state last year. Didn't place.....I was happy for his accomplishments and hard work, but still....that means nothing this year. New kids come on the seen, kids go to camps and such during the summer and improve while others play kick boxing video games. Beazley is a wonderfully skilled wrestler for sure. Absolutely am not trying to take anything away from his hard work and effort. He is very skilled. My initial question is why is he growing in Bray's ranking, but barely winning or even losing to Clarksville. I have nothing to do with Clarksville, not a supporter of the Jordan, not a disliker of Beazley. I don't care either way. I'm just a fan of the sport, see what i see, encourage kids to work hard.

I believe Bray's Rankings are a formation of Bray's opinion about wrestlers. Bray thinks Beazley is still better then Jordan, or simply Bray didn't get the information. But I do agree that its is a joke to say that Beazley is not a stronger or more accomplished wrestler.

I believe Bray's Rankings are a formation of Bray's opinion about wrestlers. Bray thinks Beazley is still better then Jordan, or simply Bray didn't get the information. But I do agree that its is a joke to say that Beazley is not a stronger or more accomplished wrestler.

I would have to agree from a ranking perspective that Beazley would be ranked higher than Jordan. Jordan's a freshman new on the scene. Winning a match doesn't boost you to the top. What I'm not understanding is why Beazley jumps from I think 5th or 6th on Brays ranking from Nov. to 2nd in Dec. when from what I've seen and read doesn't suggest that. As for stronger and accomplished part, I'm probably wrong on the accomplished part just based on age and years of wrestling, but the stronger part, I'm going to disagree. Those two kids are equally matched and will provide some wonderful wrestling entertainment for quite some time. They are a great match up!!!

Jordan certainly needs to be in the rankings somewhere. He will surprise a lot of people this year. However, Beazley still should be considered top three. He has lost one match as of yet, has not a single takedown scored on him and is a returning state placer. He is solid. Top three is fair. As for the second spot, that is debatable.