Volleyball program bites the dust

play4keeps

I am not surprised by this at all P4K. Don't let the article mislead you into believing that the current economy is to blame. They are having major internal issues, none of which are being made public, lost 2 multimillion dollar donors recently and have had several "administration" changes recently. Let's just say that there is more to this story than is being told and Volleyball, Cross Country, et al are paying for it now. It is a shame that this is happening. I have heard some HS parents with kids that are graduating HS football players say that their kids are being told to avoid committing to Lambuth football team as the whole school may be going under. I don't know this for a fact, but just hearing from prospective parents.

Lambuth cuts programs

This is pretty disturbing. They are cutting faculty as well as some athletics and other extra curricular activities due to budget strain.

Lambuth cuts programs

This is pretty disturbing. They are cutting faculty as well as some athletics and other extra curricular activities due to budget strain.

For some time, word has been out that Lambuth had committed too much money on Football, getting into NCAA, etc and a lot of the Faculty had been rather concerned about the direction of the school. Whether this is correct or not, some signs of problems had been evident since the first of last year. Lambeth is a good school and hope they work things out. Likely quite a few knew something along that line when the presidents voted out Lambuth from the TranSouth Conference earlier in the year due to the confusion.