Tri-County Seven

krichunaka

Would you care to elaborate on those type of practices Vader.

you know, all the fun parts of basketball. the ladder 1 and 2, wall sits, chair slides, drills on taking charges and rebounding, diving after balls, one foul shooting/suicide drill, etc. there was at least one practice where the game clock would be set to go off every 15 minutes. everytime the clock went off, we would stop practice and would run the ladder 2. there was also a drill with 4 people and one person would be put in each corner of the floor. you had to keep running until you tagged the person in front of you. when you tagged that person, you were done. if you were the one person who didn't tag anybody, you had to go again. the chair slides had to be the worst though. they would leave bruises on the inside of your legs if you didn't get low enough. but i guess thats the whole point haha. i remember one week of practice we had to wear the Lady Bulldog (we were the boys team) jerseys instead of our practice uniforms. and in one day ballgame against Cloudland, in front of the whole Hampton student body, we had to wear our practice uniforms instead of our normal game jerseys. i hated all that stupid defense and hustling crap, but one thing is for sure, it definately makes you a much better team...

• Replies 28
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Just greasing the skids for the inevitable. Calling a girl a MOP, is not keeping with the Holiday spirit! Merry Christmas to all, even the Lady Devils.

Take a deep breath. Still over twenty games to play.

We're only talking about a dozen games. We're just approaching mid-season, and

to date, she is the Most Outstanding Player; if for no other reason, she was key in

leading the Lady Blue Devils to victories over Sullivan Central and Chuckey Doak.

You do remember the Lady Knights and those Orange-clad Lady Cougars?

You're probably expecting the wheels (skids) to come off when the Big Three

go round-robin. And you might be right. In fact, one-on-one, ain't nobody gonna

stop Mariah Pietrowski. So yes, it will be a monumental task for the Lady Blue Devils

to just stay on the court with the Lady Cyclones, and the games with South Greene

might even be lop-sided.

But again, and in full context to the season... thus far: It's actually rather easy to

make the case for Miss Gardner.

you know, all the fun parts of basketball. the ladder 1 and 2, wall sits, chair slides, drills on taking charges and rebounding, diving after balls, one foul shooting/suicide drill, etc. there was at least one practice where the game clock would be set to go off every 15 minutes. everytime the clock went off, we would stop practice and would run the ladder 2. there was also a drill with 4 people and one person would be put in each corner of the floor. you had to keep running until you tagged the person in front of you. when you tagged that person, you were done. if you were the one person who didn't tag anybody, you had to go again. the chair slides had to be the worst though. they would leave bruises on the inside of your legs if you didn't get low enough. but i guess thats the whole point haha. i remember one week of practice we had to wear the Lady Bulldog (we were the boys team) jerseys instead of our practice uniforms. and in one day ballgame against Cloudland, in front of the whole Hampton student body, we had to wear our practice uniforms instead of our normal game jerseys. i hated all that stupid defense and hustling crap, but one thing is for sure, it definately makes you a much better team...

I doubt if he put them through all that but I'm sure he got their attention, and he obviously did with their performance. Made you a better player and your team a better team didn't it?

Just greasing the skids for the inevitable. Calling a girl a MOP, is not keeping with the Holiday spirit! Merry Christmas to all, even the Lady Devils.

Coachh, I think you and I read the thread the same way. Know what Krich was saying, but don't think they got the "mop" thing. Guys you know, like what you use to clean the floor (mop). We know you meant she was the most outstanding player at this point of the season, but do believe Coachh was throwing a little sarcasism your way. Hope everyone had a great Christmas and each has a Happy New Year.

Coachh, I think you and I read the thread the same way. Know what Krich was saying, but don't think they got the "mop" thing. Guys you know, like what you use to clean the floor (mop). We know you meant she was the most outstanding player at this point of the season, but do believe Coachh was throwing a little sarcasism your way. Hope everyone had a great Christmas and each has a Happy New Year.

Oh yeah, I got it, all right. Sarcasm is his middle name. But what would this board be

without him? /dry.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=" Now, if we can just get that Ohio State feller to start posting again?

Incidentally, I got to talk with another former Lady Blue Devil great just after the Unicoi

County at Cloudland game. Alicia Engle; her little sister plays for Coach Fisher. In case

y'all missed it, Alicia's the center fielder who leapt at, and almost completely over, the fence,

to catch the potential game-winning homer in Johnson County a couple years ago. I think

current King College softballer, Katie Hubbard was the batter. Alicia's a great, all-around

athlete, and Unicoi County's point guard not so long ago. She now plays center field for one

of the very best in the sport, Wes Holly, at Milligan.

The Lady Bulldogs play Highland Tech out of Gastonia, N.C. tomorrow at 11 a.m. in the BB&T Christmas Tournament at Cherryville, N.C. followed by the boys at 12:30.

Dog, do let us know the results from the game tomorrow. They were really solid in their win over HV the other night. Of course HV didn't really seem they wanted to be there. Not a good showing for them. Saw some of the turnovers for Hampton that other posts had talked about but all in all a nice performance. Hampton made big plays when they had to. Happy Valley played right into their hands by not putting much pressure on the ball for most of the game. Any word on Coach Tolley? Sure he is feeling better. Winning helps. Knowing him, he now probably thinks they play better when he isn't there. Know that is not true but sometimes a team puts forth some extra effort when the coach is missing. Do let us know about the game results and when they play again.

Lady Bulldogs won over Highland Tech 61-37 and played very well in doing so. Tech was a quick team but had trouble with the Lady Dog pressure. The win sets up a match with Avery Co., N.C. on Monday in the semifinals. The two schools used to play one another so this should be a good one. The Lady Dogs have showed up to play the last two games, maybe they have turned the corner. For your question Screen about Coach Tolley, he was back on the bench, a little pale, and a little thinner, heard he had it rough. Don't know how he took the ride over there