2009 Goodpasture Cougars

TRADITION

First of all, congradulations to all of the teams that made the playoffs this year! I was happy to hear about what Goodpasture Football is doing in 2009. There schedule includes their new region of 3A and 4A teams, and their non-region games are Whites Creek, Ravenwood, David Lipscomb, McGavock, and CPA. They are also going to scrimmage MBA. This is great news. Coach Martin continues to play tough teams who are in higher qualifications than we are. Along with playing traditional rivals like Lipscomb and CPA. They are also changing their uniforms. They are staying with the blue and yellow, but it will be changed to look like the university of Michigan. Nice. And as far as there scheme, I heard they might be switching to a 4-3? And a more spread passing offense. Can anyone confirm this? They will have alot of size on defense, and on offense, they have a good looking young quarterback, along with a good looking young wide receivers. Thanks to Coach Martin and his great staff for constantly looking for ways to improve the program!

• Replies 20
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

First of all, congradulations to all of the teams that made the playoffs this year! I was happy to hear about what Goodpasture Football is doing in 2009. There schedule includes their new region of 3A and 4A teams, and their non-region games are Whites Creek, Ravenwood, David Lipscomb, McGavock, and CPA. They are also going to scrimmage MBA. This is great news. Coach Martin continues to play tough teams who are in higher qualifications than we are. Along with playing traditional rivals like Lipscomb and CPA. They are also changing their uniforms. They are staying with the blue and yellow, but it will be changed to look like the university of Michigan. Nice. And as far as there scheme, I heard they might be switching to a 4-3? And a more spread passing offense. Can anyone confirm this? They will have alot of size on defense, and on offense, they have a good looking young quarterback, along with a good looking young wide receivers. Thanks to Coach Martin and his great staff for constantly looking for ways to improve the program!

gp is a great middle tenn program. but please don't tell me they are gonna wear those stupid looking michigan helmets. everything from the neck down is fine but those helmets are just plain ignorant looking.

Some corrections. They are not going to the Michigan uniforms. They are thinking about the Deleware helmets. Makes since seeing as how they run the Deleware wing t. They will also continue to run the Wing T next year as well. Not all the uniforms are changing. Only the away uni's and they don't look like Michigans. As for the defense, it is my understanding there will be some personnel moves but the base will remain what it always has been.

Hope that clears some things up.

Some corrections. They are not going to the Michigan uniforms. They are thinking about the Deleware helmets. Makes since seeing as how they run the Deleware wing t. They will also continue to run the Wing T next year as well. Not all the uniforms are changing. Only the away uni's and they don't look like Michigans. As for the defense, it is my understanding there will be some personnel moves but the base will remain what it always has been.

Hope that clears some things up.

i'm pretty sure the delaware helmets have the same design as michigan's. so like i said, please don't do it.

i'm pretty sure the delaware helmets have the same design as michigan's. so like i said, please don't do it.

They are changing, and it will be a plus. The solid blue with a blue facemask needed to be changed, along with some kind of uniform update. I dont know if they are changing for home and away, but some kind of change is happening. I heard they will still run the wing-t, but they will spread out more next year to take advantage of thier strengths, which will be there passing game. I hope everyone had a great Christmas, and once again, I would like to thank Coach Martin and his staff for doing everything they can to improve the program.

If you go and look there are multiple winged helmets out there. Compare Deleware and Michigan and you will see they are not the same winged helmets. The winged helmet pre dates Michigan and is used in many forms.

I know you are all knowing but perhaps a little homework on your part would at least be a start.

As for throwing the football, they will do more of that next year. I would say you could see 10 passing attempts per game. Maybe 12. It will be out of the wing t with the wings stepping an extra 3 to 4 feet out. The majority of the snaps will still be out of the base wing.

If you go and look there are multiple winged helmets out there. Compare Deleware and Michigan and you will see they are not the same winged helmets. The winged helmet pre dates Michigan and is used in many forms.

I know you are all knowing but perhaps a little homework on your part would at least be a start.

As for throwing the football, they will do more of that next year. I would say you could see 10 passing attempts per game. Maybe 12. It will be out of the wing t with the wings stepping an extra 3 to 4 feet out. The majority of the snaps will still be out of the base wing.

They will run the wing-t, but they are going to run the spread more often. At least that is what some of the players are saying. As far as the helmets, reguardless if it is designed after Michigan or Deleware, it will be a nice change for the boys.

They will run the wing-t, but they are going to run the spread more often. At least that is what some of the players are saying. As far as the helmets, reguardless if it is designed after Michigan or Deleware, it will be a nice change for the boys.

Agreed. My understanding though is that there are some that are not fond of the change and that it may not happen at all. At least for the helmets. I think the whit uni's are a done deal.

They are all the same colors. DCA and BGA had more yellow accenting with yellow facemasks. Goodpasture has traditionally been solid blue.

Cool man. /thumb[1].gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":thumb:" border="0" alt="thumb[1].gif" /> I hope the new set up looks good as I also thought GP's current uniform was kind of...blah. It made Penn State look "flashy."