East Tenn Top 10

HOOPSGURU

I wouldn't. I have seen both teams play two times, and I was at the game when they played each other. Walker Valley just didn't make open shots. The same open shots that they have made all year long. The officiating was also very one sided. Walker Valley is one of the few teams around that could possibly challenge Bearden in a head to head battle. Don't get me wrong. Farragut is a good team as well. Just not as good as Walker Valley.

Walker Valley plays great team ball and is very well coached but they only go 5 deep and don't have anyone that can match up with a big guy like Sam Watson. Farragut wore them down by the end of the game. Farragut also did not shoot that well and only made about 40% of their free throws. Farragut actually should have beat them by more. WV might be able to hang with Bearden for a quarter or 2 but they would not be able to match up with Bearden's size and waves of subs coming at them.

Bottom line- Farragut won in the head to head they should be ranked above Walker Valley.

• Replies 17
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

DB is the only team that has a legit chance of playing with Bearden in East Tennessee if both teams are playing well. DB has the size to compete, and their guards are better than Bearden's. They are a very impressive team.

It is close but I would switch Farragut and Science Hill from your previous ranking based on the head to head win. DB probably deserves to be #2, Farragut #3 and SH #4. I would put Lenoir City at #10 over Greenville.

1) Bearden (not invincible)

2) Dobyns Bennett (good guards and good size)

3) Science Hill (very athletic and will improve - close games with Briarcrest and DB )

4) Farragut (Farragut beat Science Hill in November, but SH has more potential to make a run)

5) Walker Valley (well coached and great starting 5. Depth is an issue)

6) Oak Ridge (maybe overrated - the district is very weak this year)

7) Red Bank (some impressive wins)

8) Maryville (we'll see where they are after January)

9) Karns (weak schedule thus far but a good team)

10) Greenville (probably top 5 at home (never have seen more one-sided officiating), not on the list away)