District 14A....what do you see now?

volfan007

• Replies 18
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'll say: 1) Bradford, 2) Humboldt, 3) Lake Co., 4) Gleason, 5) Union City,

6) Greenfield, 7) Peabody, 8) Dresden, 9) South Fulton and 10) Halls.

This district is really competitive, especially spots 1-4 and 5-8.

Wouldn't be surprised to see some of these teams moved around.

I don't know what the future holds for the Union City girls but I don't believe 5th place is in it....

Their five losses have been to Humboldt, Bradford, and undefeated Hancock County, KY team, an undefeated Westview team and a 10-win Obion Central....

They took the KY team to overtime before losing....They gave Westview all they wanted tonite in Martin and played toe-to-toe with OC for three qtrs in Troy....

I don't know what the future holds for the Union City girls but I don't believe 5th place is in it....

Hard for me to get a tournament read on Union City. The talent is definitely there, as you talked about their 10 wins and efforts about some really good teams. Big rematch coming up with Gleason, a game they won by one point, then a couple of games with Greenfield, Peabody and Lake Co. If the Lady Tornadoes were to win four or more of those seven games, they could possibly finish third or fourth.

Bottom line, excited to see Union City doing well this year.

Should have given them a little more confidence with my picks.

Hard for me to get a tournament read on Union City. The talent is definitely there, as you talked about their 10 wins and efforts about some really good teams. Big rematches coming up with Gleason and Lake Co., games they won by a combined 3 points, then a couple of games with Greenfield and Peabody. If the Lady Tornadoes were to win four or more of those six games, they could possibly finish third or fourth.

Bottom line, excited to see Union City doing well this year. Should have given them a little more confidence with my picks.

UC hasn't played Lake County yet...

UC hasn't played Lake County yet...

That's correct, my apologies. Was thinking about Gleason beating Lake Co. by 2.

UC fans have to hope that they will bring the kind of effort from the Obion Central and Westview games to these big district contests coming up. Peabody, Lake Co. and Humboldt after the first of the year will be a tough test. Then six very tough games to finish the regular season. But win most of those and finish near the top.

Hard for me to get a tournament read on Union City. The talent is definitely there, as you talked about their 10 wins and efforts about some really good teams. Big rematch coming up with Gleason, a game they won by one point, then a couple of games with Greenfield, Peabody and Lake Co. If the Lady Tornadoes were to win four or more of those seven games, they could possibly finish third or fourth.

Bottom line, excited to see Union City doing well this year.

Should have given them a little more confidence with my picks.

I believe the same thing about Lake Co..Hard to get a read on them..I thought they had a chance to win the district but the past few games have me thinking anywhere from 3rd place to maybe 6th place..I'm going with Humboldt,Bradford,Gleason,Union City,Greenfield and then either Lake Co or Dresden..Lake Co isn't tough enough..Don't rebound..Lets girls strip the ball..Coach puts in a couple subs that seem to hurt Lake Co every game..Walked two times in a row..shot an air ball..I know she's young but I realize after about the first 6 players..the others are too up and down..They'll play good defense..then have someone drive and didh off to someone for an easy basket...Happens way too much..They don't rotate as they should..And as quick as Lake co is..Should be getting a lot more turnovers off the press.. I'm fessing up now..Lake Co is probably a year away..But in saying that..T.T. Flowers ..is having some turnovers and sometimes is trying to do too much..but at least she hustles ...but tonight she had 20 points..Although only a freshman..she's doing more than her share!

Their five losses have been to Humboldt, Bradford, and undefeated Hancock County, KY team, an undefeated Westview team and a 10-win Obion Central....

They took the KY team to overtime before losing....They gave Westview all they wanted tonite in Martin and played toe-to-toe with OC for three qtrs in Troy....

good luck

I really believe that all the spots are wide open. Everybody but S. Fulton and Halls has a shot at winning the District. It's really that close and that tough and that good of a District this year. Our teams are beating teams from other single A districts pretty handily, and our teams are playing 2A and 3A and 4A teams very tough in non-district games.

The district tourney ought to be something to behold.

I really believe that all the spots are wide open. Everybody but S. Fulton and Halls has a shot at winning the District. It's really that close and that tough and that good of a District this year. Our teams are beating teams from other single A districts pretty handily, and our teams are playing 2A and 3A and 4A teams very tough in non-district games.

The district tourney ought to be something to behold.

Union City defeated Madison Acd 59-36 tonite.....

Have yall heard the exciting news for Greenfield? A 6'9" African girl from Malawi is moving here next year! It's one of those foreign exchange things. She will be a junior. She doesnt know much about basketball, yet; but at 6'9" who cares? She'll learn.

Wow! Guess what this does for Greenfield for the next two years????????

Have yall heard the exciting news for Greenfield? A 6'9" African girl from Malawi is moving here next year! It's one of those foreign exchange things. She will be a junior. She doesnt know much about basketball, yet; but at 6'9" who cares? She'll learn.

Wow! Guess what this does for Greenfield for the next two years????????

HA HA! fool me once shame on you, fool me twice shame on me.....I ain't shamed. DO NOT BELIEVE volfan, he is celebrating April 1st early.