2009 Big Ones Contest: Friday- January 9

CoachT

Here is your chance to match your expertise with other site members.

The first games (beginning with the Friday, January 9 contests) have been chosen and will appear at the link below soon. Games are chosen based on the winning percentages of the teams in the upcoming games. The first night we have about 20 games chosen but will usually have a slightly smaller amount.

There is no charge to play but you must have a user name and be logged into the boards in order to participate. The contest will conclude the week of February 20th and the postseason contest will then begin.

Please pick your games early, before the day of the game whenever possible. If there happens to be a site outage late on the afternoon of a game, or you lose your internet access for a few hours, then it can be a little upsetting and we prefer that the contest be fun for all. /smile.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":)" border="0" alt="smile.gif" /> There are so many nights of competition in basketball that extraordinary things tend to happen.

Big Ones Contest

i dont have the fastest computer, so the way it is set up right now takes me forever to pick. is there any way you can make em like bubbles? and you just pick em all at once, just goin down the line, and at the bottom of the page have a "submit all" type deal? i think that way you would have alot more people join, without having to go through opening up the other little window thing everytime, and having to re-refresh the page over and over.

Will your game picks of non- "big one" games can't toward your standings in the competition?

For example: I pick the winner of games not listed as a "big one"..

No, not in the contest.

i dont have the fastest computer, so the way it is set up right now takes me forever to pick. is there any way you can make em like bubbles? and you just pick em all at once, just goin down the line, and at the bottom of the page have a "submit all" type deal? i think that way you would have alot more people join, without having to go through opening up the other little window thing everytime, and having to re-refresh the page over and over.

Not right away but we will look at it.

No, not in the contest.

Not right away but we will look at it.

That would be a lot better if it could be done...I'm not going to enter either because of that!Takes way too long in basketball..Can't believe Lake Co -Union City made the girls Big Ones and not the Boys teams..But Wayne Co-8-5 and Summertown-10-5 made it..Union City boys are9-6 and Lake Co 14-1 ..Must be like the AP polls in football..All the voters are in East and Middle Tenn..

I agree. I have a quick connection and it still took almost 30 minutes. Maybe CoachT will find a way to improve it someday.