Unico County vs. Hampton

bigdawg3

• Replies 16
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I really can??™t remember the last time Hampton won at Unicoi but we usually play Erwin pretty tough at Hampton. Unicoi has one of the best players in East Tennessee with Camron Miller so it should be interesting to see what happens. I don??™t think Hampton is going get blown out like they did last time. I think it will be a really close game.

I really can??™t remember the last time Hampton won at Unicoi but we usually play Erwin pretty tough at Hampton.

The last time Hampton won at Unicoi was in the 03-04 season. Hampton has a 3 game winning streak against the Blue Devils in Hampton. I expect this to be a purty good game. I hope the Dawgs have worked on something in practice to beat that half-court trap the Devils use. Turnovers caused by that defense absolutely killed the Dawgs in Erwin...

Unicoi took a really hard fought game tonight. Hampton really shot themselves in the foot by missing foul shots. I heard we went 12 for 24 from the foul line and three of those shots were the front ends of one and ones. There??™s no way we can miss that many foul shots and beat a good team like Unicoi who might be the best team on our schedule. Of course, Camron Miller player well but I was really impressed with Lyle. He has a chance to be a really special player.

Score??

I can not remember the score but i think that Hampton got beat by 3. I also heard that Hampton was 12 for 24 from the foul line. The two seniors need to start playing better because it wont be long before their basketball days are over. One of them needs to step up and be a leader.

Hampton was beaten by 5. Miller hit a layup as time ran out to push the lead to 5. I don't remember the exact score. I thought the Dawgs played very good this game. Lyle played awesome for the Devils. I think he had 25 and Miller had 18. If Hampton played like this every game, there are not many teams that could beat them in the area. But when you shoot 50% from the foul line against a good team, you make it very hard on yourself. If there is such a thing as a "good" loss, this was it...

Hampton was beaten by 5. Miller hit a layup as time ran out to push the lead to 5. I don't remember the exact score. I thought the Dawgs played very good this game. Lyle played awesome for the Devils. I think he had 25 and Miller had 18. If Hampton played like this every game, there are not many teams that could beat them in the area. But when you shoot 50% from the foul line against a good team, you make it very hard on yourself. If there is such a thing as a "good" loss, this was it...

Yep......thats wat killed us.... free throws. /dry.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid="

I can not remember the score but i think that Hampton got beat by 3. I also heard that Hampton was 12 for 24 from the foul line. The two seniors need to start playing better because it wont be long before their basketball days are over. One of them needs to step up and be a leader.

It does seem like this team has no senior leadership. It appears as if Hughes is the floor general for this team. The seniors need to step up and start making some plays or they will regret it later on in life when they are done with basketball. I thought Robertson played pretty well tonight and that??™s a big step in the right direction for our seniors but it has to get better if we are going to contend for a state tournament berth.

I think Hampton actually outplayed Unicoi, but you just cannot miss that many free throws and expect to beat any good team, which Unicoi is! The seniors really are letting them down right now by not doing the little things right like throwing it away every time they get it and not boxing out and things like that! They need to have a little more pride! They act like they don't care! Maybe they don't?