Ryan Results

rebelfan13

The marchetti's are good people. They are competitive with the proper perspective. Justin Cash is a little cocky but he makes Marchetti work harder and Justin knows he has a great opponent looking right back at him. Neither one can afford to make one mistake when they are on the mat. They are both good for each other. I am thoroughly enjoying their rivalry. But the electricity they create has to be handled better by the fans. High school sports are great and emotionally volcanic, but lets cheer both sides for what they bring to us all.

I'll be at Ryan on the 20th for the rematch....should be great.

One thing I know for sure, this is not a personal thing between the two wrestlers. After all this was over yesterday, Justin Cash, who is a quiet kid and does not editorialize about much, commented about what a nice guy Marchetti was. I could tell Justin was genuinely impressed. We, as fans, were all impressed with Mr. Marchetti, who came over and congratulated Mrs. Cash. It is easy to believe that the Marchetti's are good people.

• Replies 143
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

FR fans are jerks.

The way Simpson sets up the mats is part of the problem. He "ropes off" an area for FR parents and fans next to the finlals mat. FR also places as many prelim matches, as it can, on that mat for FR wrestlers. I am not aware of any other tournament who creates such a "home field" advantage for their wrestlers.

Is it legal-yes. Is it a petty and a cheap trick-yes. That is one of the reasons that a lot of good teams no longer go to the Ryan tournament.

Did Pat Simpson's wife really slap Cash? If it is not her, the person who did it should come clean. She should send a written apology to Justin and be banned for the season. If this happened at the college level, the consequences would be more sever.

The Marchetti and Cash families are both fine people. It is the FR fabns that are the problem. They boo all opposing wrestlers except members of the Simpson clan.

FR fans are jerks.

Hahahaha.....your right ironman FR fans are complete jerks for rooting for their team that they payed the price of admission to see.

Ironman clearly is grinding an ax here, perhaps because he or his son got embarrased by a ryan wrestler

2lbLeg wrestling the edge of the mat is not wrestling but is a more clever way to disguise stalling and of an attempt to keep the score low while minimizing the wrestler's(in this case Cash's) chances of being scored on because it increases his chances of being able to bail out of bounds. Cash has always wrestled like this so I am not really surprised, he did it last year against Ryan Konz and Duke Deloache, and did it against Patrick Marchetti yesterday.

Hahahaha.....your right ironman FR fans are complete jerks for rooting for their team that they payed the price of admission to see.

Ironman clearly is grinding an ax here, perhaps because he or his son got embarrased by a ryan wrestler

2lbLeg wrestling the edge of the mat is not wrestling but is a more clever way to disguise stalling and of an attempt to keep the score low while minimizing the wrestler's(in this case Cash's) chances of being scored on because it increases his chances of being able to bail out of bounds. Cash has always wrestled like this so I am not really surprised, he did it last year against Ryan Konz and Duke Deloache, and did it against Patrick Marchetti yesterday.

Now, I don't have a dog in this fight, but to me it seems like you see this one-sided. And totally one-sided. FR fans do not just root for their own. From what I saw, the FR fans were screaming for stalling the entire last period. (maybe longer). Sorry, but that is not rooting for your own wrestler. No way you put it. You can say what you want, but you are defending your own team, and not seeing it from both sides.

As for wrestling on the edge, sorry but this is within the rules and until the change the rules, he can do it. I have watched my son lose on more than on occasion to a wrestler that I didn't think could beat him. My response to my son was "learn to beat him at his own game". Which is what Marchetti will have to do. No double Marchetti is a fine wrestler, and probably in my opinion wins more matches out of 10 than Cash does. But the fact still is the same, that's an opinion and yesterday Cash won. Bottom line. Can't take that away from him.

Last year Coach Cash didn't wrestle the younger Cash against Marchetti.

It will be interesting to see if any of the BA wrestlers that finished well in the tourney will step on the mat against Ryan on the 20th opting instead to protect ranking.

There were alot of disappointed spectactors outside of the BA and Ryan communities last year and that would hate to see that happen again.

I never said wrestling the edge was unsportsman like...and again I know that is the match Cash has wrestled in the past, and will continue to do so in the future my problem (why shouldn't he, he has had lots of success wrestling this way) I do however have a problem with his unsportsman like conduct after the match. Again ironman your grinding an ax here because any reasonable person knows fully well that what Cash did after the match is undefendable and wrong.

In Hoc Signo Vinces you never answered my question about about Marchetti "wrestling for the stalemate call".

Justin Cash is a fine young man an exhibited more self control than the FR adults. Is it true that Pat Simpson's wife or some other FR adult female verbally abused Justin then slapped him. This is an ugly charge if it is true.

In Hoc Signo Vinces is it " undefendable and wrong"?

I never said wrestling the edge was unsportsman like...and again I know that is the match Cash has wrestled in the past, and will continue to do so in the future my problem (why shouldn't he, he has had lots of success wrestling this way) I do however have a problem with his unsportsman like conduct after the match. Again ironman your grinding an ax here because any reasonable person knows fully well that what Cash did after the match is undefendable and wrong.

is the unsportsmanlike conduct the act of putting his finger to his lips to answer the screaming crowd? If so, this is all a bunch of nothing.