Rural West Tenn Top 10

13aafanatic

Shoulda, coulda........one thing DC does well is play in clutch situations, they went back to pressing and HC didn't respond well to that. DC's coach knew WHEN to bring players back in....he waited till the right moment. We could go on about this all night...I mean I could say DC should have beat them by a bigger margin....shoulda, coulda /thumb[1].gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":thumb:" border="0" alt="thumb[1].gif" />

You sure could say that, but that would prove one of two things... Either you weren't there, or you don't understand much about the game of basketball

• Replies 33
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Shoulda, coulda........one thing DC does well is play in clutch situations, they went back to pressing and HC didn't respond well to that. DC's coach knew WHEN to bring players back in....he waited till the right moment. We could go on about this all night...I mean I could say DC should have beat them by a bigger margin....shoulda, coulda /thumb[1].gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":thumb:" border="0" alt="thumb[1].gif" />

I think DC would beat them by a bigger margin in a rematch. I really do. Henry County plays Rossview tomorrow whcih will be a big test. Rossview is pretty good and has two REALLY GOOD big men. One is really Good!!!!! Anyway, DC is better than Henry County!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Here's a tip of the hat to my pal NWHoopaholic and my top 10 picks.

Looking forward to seeing your opinion and reading the discussion.

1. Liberty (12-1) - big wins to capture the Poplar Bluff Showdown championship

2. Bolivar (8-2) - 5-game winning streak, tough test at Liberty this Friday night

3. Humboldt (13-0) - won 8 games by 30 points or more

4. Dyer Co. (16-0) - won Arby's/KFC Classic and Martin Lions Club tournament

5. Henry Co. (12-2) - only in-state loss was to Dyer Co., 84-81

6. Lake Co. (14-1) - offense has put up 70-plus points in 12 games

7. JCM (9-2) - setbacks to Kirby and Westwood

8. Covington (8-3) - finished runner-up in Graves Co. (KY) Classic

9. North Side (6-2) - two losses to Liberty and JCM

10. Westview (12-4) - finished runner-up in Martin Lions Club tournament

Really think there's not a 5-point difference between my 3-6 teams.

Kudos to you my friend. I'm glad someone is picking up the mantle for I seem to lack the time to do some of the "extras" I have in the past. Bolivar at #2 is a little higher than I'd have them right now but they'll probably work up to it. Good job!

You sure could say that, but that would prove one of two things... Either you weren't there, or you don't understand much about the game of basketball

I did say it...was there /laugh.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":lol:" border="0" alt="laugh.gif" /> Let's see Rex in foul trouble, so was Yarbrough...waited brought them in. Who hit one of the 3's at the end...would have been Rex.......who hit on of the foul shots that pretty much sealed the deal at the end of the game....would have been Yarbrough. HC's coach left main players in with 4 fouls each....one of whom..guess what???? Fouled out. Maybe their coach should have pulled him and waited cause he had a good game. Appreciate your comments about my knowledge AS ALWAYS....personally think DC would beat them in a rematch....and if they matched up again...beat them again.

How do you figure that. Personally I'm used to watching basketball at a much higher level than what usually comes out of Henry County. Honestly, I'm not sold on Henry County. Liberty, Bolivar, Humboldt, Lake County would all take Henry County to the woodshed....I think ya'll got lucky and caught DC when they had an off night...I really do....BTW, I wasn't at the game and I understand the game quite well!!!!!!!! I see alot of wins but none are decisive most are around 10 points against decent but by no means great elite teams.

Gibson County by 4

Jackson SS by 1

Martin Westview by 9

Mrtin Westview by 11

USJ by 11

Middelton by 7

I see nothing that really blows me away by those wins.

How do you figure that. Personally I'm used to watching basketball at a much higher level than what usually comes out of Henry County. Honestly, I'm not sold on Henry County. Liberty, Bolivar, Humboldt, Lake County would all take Henry County to the woodshed....I think ya'll got lucky and caught DC when they had an off night...I really do....BTW, I wasn't at the game and I understand the game quite well!!!!!!!! I see alot of wins but none are decisive most are around 10 points against decent but by no means great elite teams.

Gibson County by 4

Jackson SS by 1

Martin Westview by 9

Mrtin Westview by 11

USJ by 11

Middelton by 7

I see nothing that really blows me away by those wins.

I think HC had one of their best games of their season against DC and I FULLY EXPECTED them to blow Middleton out.....people can say whatever they want...I know what I know /thumb[1].gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":thumb:" border="0" alt="thumb[1].gif" /> You and I have talked extensively about this and you know what I am talkin' about.

I think HC had one of their best games of their season against DC and I FULLY EXPECTED them to blow Middleton out.....people can say whatever they want...I know what I know /thumb[1].gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":thumb:" border="0" alt="thumb[1].gif" /> You and I have talked extensively about this and you know what I am talkin' about.

Yes I do. I value your insights as much as anybody on here. You make points and observations most on here don't even see or catch about games, including myself in many cases.

Kudos to you my friend. I'm glad someone is picking up the mantle for I seem to lack the time to do some of the "extras" I have in the past. Bolivar at #2 is a little higher than I'd have them right now but they'll probably work up to it. Good job!

Thanks very much. Really appreciate the great job you do in AP voting.

Bolivar might be a little high to start, but I too think they have a lot of upside.

Here's a tip of the hat to my pal NWHoopaholic and my top 10 picks.

Looking forward to seeing your opinion and reading the discussion.

1. Liberty (12-1) - big wins to capture the Poplar Bluff Showdown championship

2. Bolivar (8-2) - 5-game winning streak, tough test at Liberty this Friday night

3. Humboldt (13-0) - won 8 games by 30 points or more

4. Dyer Co. (16-0) - won Arby's/KFC Classic and Martin Lions Club tournament

5. Henry Co. (12-2) - only in-state loss was to Dyer Co., 84-81

6. Lake Co. (14-1) - offense has put up 70-plus points in 12 games

7. JCM (9-2) - setbacks to Kirby and Westwood

8. Covington (8-3) - finished runner-up in Graves Co. (KY) Classic

9. North Side (6-2) - two losses to Liberty and JCM

10. Westview (12-4) - finished runner-up in Martin Lions Club tournament

Really think there's not a 5-point difference between my 3-6 teams.

I don't think there is a difference between 4-8 teams.