Grace Baptist at Temple

dadoffour

I would have to give Harper edge over Kemp. Kemp is a shooter and Harper isn't as much of one. But Harper is a better athlete and much quicker. He has great handling skills and shares the ball well. I'd put him above Kemp just cuz he is the better athlete. Church is playing pretty well this year, he is hitting the 3 pretty well. As far as score, I'm going with Grace but it just depends on which team is going to play.

I have only seen Harper play once this year and a couple of times last year but I have been watching Kemp play since he was in middle school. Harper is an excellent player. For me personally, I would have to give Kemp more than just an edge over Harper. Church has always been a good player. He was dominant when he was in middle school but as a high school player he has in the past shown a lack of confidence on the court until this year. With his heightened sense of confidence, he is a significant threat now.

If Temple comes out hard, fast, and strong, I am afraid that Grace will crumble and begin to lose their confidence. They have sat home the last two years from the state tournament and I think they cannot help but to be affected mentally if they have to start the game off digging themselves out of a hole. Early momentum will make and break the game for Grace, I think.

• Replies 48
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I think Grace may be slightly more talented, but that's all. Here's how I match them up:

Shaughnessy/Johnson Give Shaughnessy the edge based on shot blocking, rebounds, and hustle

Hermann/Sexton Both great scorers but Sexton makes others better. Edge to Sexton

Andrews/Church Haven't seen Church this year, but based on last year pretty equal

Harper/Kemp Haven't seen Harper, but Kemp's playing awfully well in all areas.

Schley/Peterson Haven't seen Schley. Peterson is very athletic by not contributing much yet.

My pick is Temple by 12.

Shaughnessy is not better than Johnson, Shaghnessy will have more points and more blocks but it the little things that Johnson do that will make him better tonight , that if he can stay out of foul trouble. Sexton is night and day better than Hermann, Kemp is the best player Temple as on the team," that include Sexton", he is crafty and kept Defenses off there feet that allows other player to score. He also will put up the same amount of points as Sexton on the board. Andrews Has great defense but his offense is not consistant"he has to be on target tonight". Peterson is a great Defensive player but weak on Offense, Montgomery is a smart player, but slow on his feet but consistant.(old School). Reaves is smart and not scared to take the big shot but can not match up to Shaughnessy. This is going to go to Temple by 8 but is like Grace which team will shows up. Lets not forget "Coaching". I now Markum as coach only for a few years but he believe in his team and he loves his boys, I believe he will be well prepared for the game. But I believe that grace will be ready also.whoever get in foul trouble first will lose this game. Good luck to both team you both deserve to win but they can only be one. See you guys tonight.

Shaughnessy is not better than Johnson, Shaghnessy will have more points and more blocks but it the little things that Johnson do that will make him better tonight , that if he can stay out of foul trouble. Sexton is night and day better than Hermann, Kemp is the best player Temple as on the team," that include Sexton", he is crafty and kept Defenses off there feet that allows other player to score. He also will put up the same amount of points as Sexton on the board. Andrews Has great defense but his offense is not consistant"he has to be on target tonight". Peterson is a great Defensive player but weak on Offense, Montgomery is a smart player, but slow on his feet but consistant.(old School). Reaves is smart and not scared to take the big shot but can not match up to Shaughnessy. This is going to go to Temple by 8 but is like Grace which team will shows up. Lets not forget "Coaching". I now Markum as coach only for a few years but he believe in his team and he loves his boys, I believe he will be well prepared for the game. But I believe that grace will be ready also.whoever get in foul trouble first will lose this game. Good luck to both team you both deserve to win but they can only be one. See you guys tonight.

GO GRACE!!!

Good Luck Temple.

I just wanted to mention how much I appreciate the respect both teams' fans have shown each other on this thread. In the past there have been unruly posters from both sides.

Hopefully, there will be even more respect for both teams after the game for whoever comes back to post again.

I just wanted to mention how much I appreciate the respect both teams' fans have shown each other on this thread. In the past there have been unruly posters from both sides.

Hopefully, there will be even more respect for both teams after the game for whoever comes back to post again.

Temple wins by 15 even thou the ref was for Grace.but other wise get group of guys on both side.

Temple played pretty well tonight...were called for a ton of fouls the first half, but Marcum subbed well and the kids off the bench did a great job. I think most of us expected Grace's bench to have the advantage, but Temple's really played well tonight.

Poor Shaughnessy...the guy begs and pleads for the basketball but never gets it. If he played for any other team he'd average 20+ per game.

Watching Grace pre-game...they've got a lot of talent. They look like a state contender...just have to get it together.

I thought it was a very good game. Temple came out and scored ten quickly and put Grace in a position of playing catch up for the rest of the game. Temple was in foul trouble early but the bench stepped up and made some big contributions. It seemed to me that Brandon Hermon and Terrell Church were the big players for Grace. Temple did an excellent job defending and shutting down Patrick. I thought the real decision in the outcome was Temple's better defense. Grace did a good job of playing hard for four quarters. It is hard to believe Grace's team has so few seniors on the floor. They should be the dominant team in the region next year.

Temple played pretty well tonight...were called for a ton of fouls the first half, but Marcum subbed well and the kids off the bench did a great job. I think most of us expected Grace's bench to have the advantage, but Temple's really played well tonight.

Poor Shaughnessy...the guy begs and pleads for the basketball but never gets it. If he played for any other team he'd average 20+ per game.

Watching Grace pre-game...they've got a lot of talent. They look like a state contender...just have to get it together.

Well... I thought Grace tried often to feed him the ball high but Temple did a good job of face guarding with good help on the backside. If the Grace players could get it in his hands tonight he would have scored twenty, I bet. It seemed like they were overthrowing it a lot where he could not get a good handle on it.

What did you think?

Well... I thought Grace tried often to feed him the ball high but Temple did a good job of face guarding with good help on the backside. If the Grace players could get it in his hands tonight he would have scored twenty, I bet. It seemed like they were overthrowing it a lot where he could not get a good handle on it.

What did you think?

They seemed to try harder in the 1st half to get him the ball, and Temple was putting him on the line. With Temple's biggest man (Johnson) giving up 5" to Shaughnessy, Grace should have been able to get him the ball. I saw him open a bunch, his teammates just took their own shots. Just my opinion. It may not have been that simple.

They seemed to try harder in the 1st half to get him the ball, and Temple was putting him on the line. With Temple's biggest man (Johnson) giving up 5" to Shaughnessy, Grace should have been able to get him the ball. I saw him open a bunch, his teammates just took their own shots. Just my opinion. It may not have been that simple.

I think you are right. They did seem to try harder in the first half. I do not remember them trying as much to feed him in the second half and quite honestly, Patrick may not have called for it as much in the second either.

You would think that when you have someone who can just about stand flat footed and dunk that you could find some way of giving it to him. I believe that a few minutes in practice just working on that would be a good investment of time.

In all fairness to Temple's play, I believe that Patrick was pretty much no threat at either end. I will have to wait and see the stats but I do not remember one blocked shot and he had very few rebounds. Those stats have little to do with his team mates helping. In spite of the low stats, he still worked very hard all night long and never quit.

I think you are right. They did seem to try harder in the first half. I do not remember them trying as much to feed him in the second half and quite honestly, Patrick may not have called for it as much in the second either.

You would think that when you have someone who can just about stand flat footed and dunk that you could find some way of giving it to him. I believe that a few minutes in practice just working on that would be a good investment of time.

In all fairness to Temple's play, I believe that Patrick was pretty much no threat at either end. I will have to wait and see the stats but I do not remember one blocked shot and he had very few rebounds. Those stats have little to do with his team mates helping. In spite of the low stats, he still worked very hard all night long and never quit.

I think the problem is they just run no offense. They never have. Their best players touch the ball about as much as anyone else, whereas if you watch a team like Temple, they have always run their offenses through players like Skogen, Sexton, etc. Not that those players take every shot, but the offense is run through them. Their have been times where Grace's best players go six or seven consecutive possessions without even seeing the ball, much less taking a shot.

I like Shaughnessy because he is skilled and works his tail off. He will be a good college player, and I guarantee would average more point production somewhere else. The paper credited him with 9 boards tonight.

temple out to a 10 zilch lead and clearly the better team. i completely disagree with the assesment of the depth of these two teams. grace's bench is weak. huge drop of in talent from first five and 6-8. temple brought 3 guys or so off the bench that contributed a great deal. grace's guards are selfish, and patrick gets very few feeds inside. i also saw several plays where grace's heart seemed lacking. lack of hustle allowed several easy lay ups and dunks. grace did close the game to 6 midway through the 4th, but temple answered with two treys and it was over. patrick was gassed late in the third. he gives everything he has every play and is rewarded with limited offensive touches. temple showed they were more than just sexton.