Hillsboro Next Football Season

Well, now that we have a new Head Coach, a new defense, and a couple of new assistants, it will be interesting to see how this team gells. Hope more kids get to contribute and the Coaches don't try and rely on the same 11 to 14 players to play on both sides of the ball. Looking forward to the stiff competition from the Williamson County teams. Go Burros!

• Replies 452
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I don't think Blade, Myers, Komisar, Fite, etc. tried to play people both ways. On the contrary, I think they made every effort to not play people both ways. However, at some point they had to go with what they had within reason in order to give the team the best possible chance to win. Ergo, they had Marvin Hughes, Christian Heyne, Corey Jordan, Eric Gordon, Alex Crutcher, and Jarrett Bilhovde playing both ways a good deal of the time. Additionally, when injuries occurred at various points in the season, Deandre Davis, and Keith Perry were forced to play both ways.

However, I too hope HHS can afford to play less players both ways in 2009. I am just disappointed to hear the news about Aaron Bryant not being available indefinitely due to injury that has apparently kept him from attending any and all summer workouts thus far. That is a BIG blow to the Burros defense. Hope the younger guys are ready and able to step up to fill the void.

How do you think they will do?

Lane Watson will lead them to the STATE!

That might be hard for him to do, seeing as how the last time I spoke to Lane, he said he was strongly considering not playing football in 2009.

Head over to Pear Cohn - he's over there kicking butt