District 1AA

supertoe

Congratulations to South Greene on their hard fought 46-40 win over Elizabethton tonight; in a game that often looked more like a hockey match than a basketball game. It was very physical with plenty of bumps, bruises, hard fouls, and ice packs. South Greene came out hot and built a big early lead on back pick layups off lobs to Hicks. Elizabethton missed fourteen of their first fifteen shots and trailed 31-12 at the half. The Lady Cyclones came out on about a ten point run to start the third quarter and the game was on. I believe it got as close as four points late. Fatigue and the physical pounding took its toll and play by both teams got ragged late in the fourth. There were lots of missed free throws, turnovers, and some crazy calls. The win makes South Greene the clear favorite to win the regular season title, but the Lady Cyclones now know they can go toe to toe with South Greene. The game in Elizabethton will be another good one and these teams may see each other in the District and Regional tournaments. Go Cyclones!!!!!!!

• Replies 34
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Also, congratulations to Happy Valley for their quality win, 55-52, at Chuckey-Doak. I thought the home court advantage would give Chuckey-Doak a slight advantage, but I knew a big game by Bowling could give the Warriors a win. Bowling came up big with 20 points. I think she has the talent and ability to have big games every night. She is still just a sophomore, but is beginning to play big consistently and this makes Happy Valley very dangerous for South Greene, Elizabethton, and Unicoi Co.

It was a big road win for Happy Valley last night. Any road win is a big win in conference play as you can attest to Coachh17. Unicoi took care of business at Johnson County to stay in the hunt. South Greene may taken the upper hand with their win over Elizabethton last night, but there is still a lot of ball left and SG still has to go back to Elizabethton as well to Erwin...

I guess the big game on tap for tomorrow will be in Erwin as South Greene comes to town. If SG can pull out a win, it would give them a 2 game cushion for the top spot. West Greene travels to Happy Valley and North goes to Elizabethton in games in which the home teams should have no problem...

Looks as if there were two close games last night, both of which going to overtime. South Greene with their victory over Unicoi last night pretty much controls their destiny being up 2 games in the loss column on both Unicoi and Elizbethton. There is still a lot of ball to be played but the top spot looks like it is SG's to lose. Happy Valley's OT win over WG looks like it's solidifying their run for the 4 spot with still time to move up.

As the race heads into the 2nd half, it looks as if South Greene controls their destiny with Elizabethton and Unicoi battling for the 2 spot although Happy Valley still has an outside shot for a 3 spot but they'll have to stop Unicoi on Friday at Erwin to have any chance for a top 3 spot... Elizabethton looks to get a little revenge for an early season loss to Chuckey-Doak (who has dropped out of the top 4 and will have to overcome Johnson County and Elizabethton this week on the road to climb into the 5 spot).

Eliz and Unicoi will need a little help to get to the 1 spot, which doesn't looks like it will not happen this Friday as North goes to South Greene...

Things are falling more into place as Districts approach but there is still time (though it is ticking away)...

Elizabethton got their "revenge" for an early season loss to C-D last night. That early season loss looms big as it is getting crunch time in the conference race. Unicoi's victory over Happy Valley pretty much keeps HV from any slim chance that they had to move up to a #3 spot and solidifies that the big 3 are still the big3 with South Greene heading for the conference championship (unless HV can pull an upset on Tuesday). Unicoi has to care of business on Tues @ Chuckey-Doak to stay in the hunt with Elizabethton for an outside shot for the title..

In the "lower half" of the conference, Johnson County's 2nd victory over West Greene gives them the inside track for the 5 spot. They have to take care of business at North Tuesday...I thought C-D would be better than they are showing but they are falling fast....

It looks like Johnson County may be able to win the five spot, though I still think Chuckey-Doak is better. The third place team will have a very dangerous first round district game if Chuckey-Doak finishes sixth. There may be a few more surprises, but the seedings should be close to this:

1. South Greene

2. Elizabethton

3. Unicoi Co.

4. Happy Valley

5. Chuckey- Doak

6. Johnson County

7. West Greene

8. Sullivan North

Looks as if Unicoi felt the wrath of Chuckey-Doak at Afton last night...South Greene held off Happy Valley and Johnson County may have taken North lightly but managed to hold and pull off a victory on the road. Coachh17, I agree with your final standings going into the district but it looks as if HV, Johnson County and Chuckey-Doak are all now battling for the 4 spot...Chuckey-Doak is not the team to have to go up against in the 1st round of District play. Elizabethton looks like they have a solid hold on the 2 spot for now...

Unicoi had a tough week in Greene Co. dropping a 43-39 game to West Greene last night giving Happy Valley an outside for the 3 spot in the district seeding. Unicoi has a trip to South Greene before the season ends.

Elizabethton still needs some help for a tie for the conference title and the rematch with SG should be a great one on Friday...

The 5 through 7 spots are still uncertain as Chuckey-Doak, Johnson Co., and now West Greene are battling for these.

As always, nothing can be taken for granted and we will not have everything set in stone until the last conference games are played. The last 2 weeks of the season should be fun to see how things play out.

Congradulations to South Greene on their win and conference clinching victory over Elizabethton last night. The only question remains if they will go undefeated in conference or not with Unicoi the last chance to probably stop that...

Looks like Betsy will go in to district play #2 and Unicoi #3. Chuckey-Doak's win over Happy Valley gives them the inside track to #4 with North coming to their place tonight and if they win will put them 1 game up in the win column for that 4 spot.

Happy Valley now battles Johnson Co. and West Greene for the 5,6,and 7 seeds after having a lock on the 4 spot just a week ago....