District 1AA

supertoe

3 games on tap for Tues:

Elizabethton @ Unicoi- (Big game to determine the 1st spot in the league. Eliz can't afford to go 2 games down in the league especially with the trip to South Greene on Fri. This should be a great game in a "hostile" enviroment. I'm looking for Elizabethton to come out of Erwin with a W.)

Johnson Co @ Happy Valley- (Johnson County has improved this year but I still have to give the edge to HV especially at their place. This is also a big game in the seedings for the district.)

Chuckey Doak @ North- ( CD's first 3 conference games have come against the top 3 teams in the conference. Look for them to have a big game against North Tuesday.)

• Replies 34
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I believe the Unicoi Co. vs. Elizabethton game is at Elizabethton. Happy Valley should beat Johnson County easily. If they don't, it is just another indication that they are not ready to move in to title contention yet. Chuckey-Doak should smoke North.

Agree with your assessment coach. I look for Betsy to handle Unicoi and HV should beat JC but you never know. HV hasn't done anything with their talent yet but the 'real' season hasn't started yet. Should be interesting. Would not want to go to SG on Friday, especially if the Lady Cyclones lose tonight.

Elizabethton passed their first big test beating Unicoi Co. 63-57 last night. South Greene is up next on Friday. If the Rebels win, Elizabethton will be two games behind and hard pressed to catch South Greene. A Cyclone victory would create a three team one loss tie between Elizabethton, Unicoi Co., and South Greene and set the stage for a very good race. Happy Valley and Chuckey-Doak will play spoilers and have an impact on who the eventual champion is. Chuckey-Doak's early season win over Elizabethton is proof positive of that. Go Cyclones!!!!!

Elizabethton passed their first big test beating Unicoi Co. 63-57 last night. South Greene is up next on Friday. If the Rebels win, Elizabethton will be two games behind and hard pressed to catch South Greene. A Cyclone victory would create a three team one loss tie between Elizabethton, Unicoi Co., and South Greene and set the stage for a very good race. Happy Valley and Chuckey-Doak will play spoilers and have an impact on who the eventual champion is. Chuckey-Doak's early season win over Elizabethton is proof positive of that. Go Cyclones!!!!!

I agree with your assessment of the situation. Big win for Elizabethton yesterday. Should be a great game on Friday with South Greene. I think the top tier will of course be between SG, Eliz, and Unicoi. Happy Valley and C-D are middle tier spoilers. The lower tier will be Johnson County and West Greene/North playing Friday to see who stays out of the basement...

Should be 4 pretty good matchups tomorrow in the hunt for the conference title and district seedings with the "biggie" being in South Greene with Elizabethton. A SG win gives them a big advantage for the title and the #1 seed. I would love to see a Betsy win but SG is a very tough place to come out with a W.

Unicoi's trip to Johnson County can't be taken for granted either. JC can be a tough team on their home floor. If unicoi still wants to be in the hunt, they have to come out with a win.

Happy Valley against Chuckey-Doak should go a long way in determining the 4 seed in the conference. C-D may have a slight advantage on their home floor but I like Happy Valley to come out of Afton with a win.

And lets give due to the West Greene/ North game at WG. West Greene should handle North to move out of last place in the conference.....

I believe Unicoi Co. will bounce back and defeat Johnson County by double digits. I have not seen West Greene or North, but I agree that West Greene will likely win. The Happy Valley vs. Chuckey-Doak game is probably for fourth place. It is a chance for Happy Valley to get a quality win, but I believe Chuckey-Doak will pull out a close one at home. It will take a big game out of Bowling for the Warriors to escape with a win. South Greene has to be favored at home to beat Elizabethton. The Lady Cyclones have their backs to the wall because of the early season Chuckey-Doak loss and will have to overcome the Rebels pressure, a hostile crowd, and generally suspect officiating. If the Lady Cyclones can escape with a win, it will be a season long race. If South Greene wins, they will be in great position to win the title and secure the #1 seed, though Unicoi Co. may have something to say about that. I hope Elizabethton plays well and that Mariah can avoid foul trouble. The Cyclone guards will also have to take great care of the ball. Go Cyclones!!!!!!!