Culleoka upset by MBA in OT

ATWSPORTSCAST

• Replies 31
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I don't know how big an upset MBA has a very good team. Culleoka made a few critical mistakes late and MBA hit everything in 2nd half. It was a great game by two very good teams. The officials really stunk it up on Culleoka's end of the floor in the 4th and OT.

that's the truth! (your last sentence) but culleoka also made some critical mistakes too.

couldn't believe the turn out for mba...or should i say lack of turn out!

Now I can add this to the list of things I thought I'd never hear or see.

Culleoka fans smack talking MBA. /popcorneater.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":popcorneater:" border="0" alt="popcorneater.gif" />

I haven't counted seats at MBA, but it would surprise me if they didn't have a bigger gym than Culleoka given their history and fanbase ($$$$$). We played in a couple of tournaments there in middle school. MBA has an auxillary gym that will seat 500-700. My guess is that their main gym will seat as many as Cully's unless Cully has had a major renovation of their facilities in the last 20 years. I'm just guessing though. I have been in both gyms and don't remember being overly impressed by the size of either. How in the heck did this matchup come to be? I saw the Dad of a St. Cecilia player in the grocery store and he was asking me how to get to Culleoka from Cheatham County. I gave him 2 or 3 options because it's not easy.

that's the truth! (your last sentence) but culleoka also made some critical mistakes too.

couldn't believe the turn out for mba...or should i say lack of turn out!

This must be a joke. The MBA fan base travels extremely well. But not to games that are 2 hours away in the middle of no where. The whole team barely made it in time. Culleoka's turnout at MBA last year was awful. All they had were parents and cheerleaders. At most games the home teams have more fans. And Culleoka may not have gotten the calls down the stretch. But for the first 3 and a half quarters it was the most lopsided officiating ever.

"This must be a joke. The MBA fan base travels extremely well. But not to games that are 2 hours away in the middle of no where. The whole team barely made it in time. Culleoka's turnout at MBA last year was awful. All they had were parents and cheerleaders. At most games the home teams have more fans. And Culleoka may not have gotten the calls down the stretch. But for the first 3 and a half quarters it was the most lopsided officiating ever."

Check your GPS. Culleoka is in Maury County just off I-65. It is 1 hour or less from the MBA campus by car. Also I have been to both schools to see games and Mba Doesn't have great turnout for many games at home and Culleoka is up and down. I was at the game tuesday, I thought it was called well until late. I sure didn't see the home team get all the breaks for 3 1/2 quarters.

Check your GPS. Culleoka is in Maury County just off I-65. It is 1 hour or less from the MBA campus by car. Also I have been to both schools to see games and Mba Doesn't have great turnout for many games at home and Culleoka is up and down. I was at the game tuesday, I thought it was called well until late. I sure didn't see the home team get all the breaks for 3 1/2 quarters.

culleoka fans have to have an excuse to lose. bad calls. blah blah. even if the team is better than them.

but, for the most part cully does travel well. but in reality was this game REALLY worth driving too? yes they were both two high ranked teams, but they are neither in the same district/region...or even bigger picture in COMPLETELY different classes. thats probably why no one drove down.

culleoka fans have to have an excuse to lose. bad calls. blah blah. even if the team is better than them.

but, for the most part cully does travel well. but in reality was this game REALLY worth driving too? yes they were both two high ranked teams, but they are neither in the same district/region...or even bigger picture in COMPLETELY different classes. thats probably why no one drove down.

Yes...This game was worth driving to!!!! One of the best games I have seen in that gym.

Now I can add this to the list of things I thought I'd never hear or see.

Culleoka fans smack talking MBA. /popcorneater.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":popcorneater:" border="0" alt="popcorneater.gif" />

I haven't counted seats at MBA, but it would surprise me if they didn't have a bigger gym than Culleoka given their history and fanbase ($$$$$). We played in a couple of tournaments there in middle school. MBA has an auxillary gym that will seat 500-700. My guess is that their main gym will seat as many as Cully's unless Cully has had a major renovation of their facilities in the last 20 years. I'm just guessing though. I have been in both gyms and don't remember being overly impressed by the size of either. How in the heck did this matchup come to be? I saw the Dad of a St. Cecilia player in the grocery store and he was asking me how to get to Culleoka from Cheatham County. I gave him 2 or 3 options because it's not easy.

MBA has a pretty small gym.

I doubt it can fot 500-600

i love how the game was officiated...they let the teams play...especially down low it was a fun game to watch...culleoka was up 15 in the second half and this is the first team they've faced in mba that fought back after they were down late...i though culleoka still should have won this game late but they got an early taste for tourney play with this game....nice job by both teams...im praying for ca /ph34r.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":ph34r:" border="0" alt="ph34r.gif" />