Big 9

DavidCrockettFan

Does anyone think District 1AAA will win a single game in regionals? I watched MWest, Greeneville, and Cocke Co (& DB) in the GreenBank tourney and don't think there is anyone in the Big 9 that can play with them. The winner of the district tourney might have a shot on their home floor vs IMAC #4 (Jeff Co or MEast), but the rest might as well forget it. This is the weakest Big 9 I've seen in 3 years.

Can someone give me a reason to cheer up?

Never been so happy to admit I was dead wrong. Congratulations Big 9 ladies!

Now can someone slay the MoWest giant? Will take an all-around effort that most don't have the personnel to pull off. With Moody Central may have had the best shot, but without her TN High has the best chance. Science Hill won't go down without a fight though.

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Victory, I agree with you. Both Good and Moody are the glue that keeps their teams together.

This year in the Big 9 we dont have a really dominant team. I know THS has only one loss, but they have been challenged. What we do have are some great individual players. Let me have Montgomery, Murr, Good, Moody, and Frolich (Campbell SS, Devine DB, Burleson THS, and Edwards DCHS off the bench) and I think we have a pretty good team. The point is, the Big 9 has plenty of talent but it is more spread out this year. That being said, we will probably have a "co" player of the year.

Who is the Coach of the Year??

what about the coach at volunteer? that program has been dead for years. does the big 9 give out any co coaches of the year award?

what about the coach at volunteer? that program has been dead for years. does the big 9 give out any co coaches of the year award?

I agree. He should be recognized for the job he, and his team, did this year. His team finished 5th. What were they picked in the preseason? I know it was below where they finished. Hats off to him.

By the way, congrats to the Big 9 this postseason. It has been a while since we have taken 3 out of 4 in the region.

I agree. He should be recognized for the job he, and his team, did this year. His team finished 5th. What were they picked in the preseason? I know it was below where they finished. Hats off to him.

By the way, congrats to the Big 9 this postseason. It has been a while since we have taken 3 out of 4 in the region.

I think he will do a great job, if he doesnt fall to the pressure of "the" parents down there. Hopefully he will remain head strong and do what he is doing.

Thanks for the info. I forgot about that year. When was the last Big 9 Region winner?

I think it was when Daniel Boone knocked off Greeneville @ Freedom Hall. It was the year that Greeneville had to go on the road to play Sevier County (eventual state champs) and Daniel Boone got the privelege of hosting Oak Ridge.

I really think that TN High has a chance against West. I believe that they will need to keep it to a low scoring game and hope that West doesn't shoot too well. Good luck Vikings.

I think he will do a great job, if he doesnt fall to the pressure of "the" parents down there. Hopefully he will remain head strong and do what he is doing.

Congrats to Coach Meyers and girls. Losing the 4 seniors and not having anyone their caliber for next year and nothing coming up from middle schools I am afraid we just had our best year for a while.

Easttnboy, I am glad someone else recognizes the main problem at Volunteer.