Sam Brooks, Upperman

nunnford

I had a friend call me this morning and informed me of some interesting news. Sam has apparently resigned as football coach at Upperman. Is this true? If so why? I had heard on trip back home that this was coming but due to reasons beyond what he has given to the general public.

If i am correct that means The Smith County coach is the only old region 4-2A coach that is coming back.

Thats crazy.

• Replies 27
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I had a friend call me this morning and informed me of some interesting news. Sam has apparently resigned as football coach at Upperman. Is this true? If so why? I had heard on trip back home that this was coming but due to reasons beyond what he has given to the general public.

If i am correct that means The Smith County coach is the only old region 4-2A coach that is coming back.

Thats crazy.

where is he going next?

I just saw that yesterday in the H-C. Whoever they get next isn't going to be paid much and is gonna be fighting an uphill battle. Graduating 13 Seniors including virtually the entire offense and the entire secondary. In a pass happy conference, that's not going to be good. I hope Chambers steps up and takes it, he would be good for those kids.

• 2 weeks later...
Guest Termite

I don't understand why so there are many coaching vacancies in this area. Upperman-Jackson Co.-Macon Co. and Westmoreland. Is it pay?? Support?? Pressure?? A combination?? T

I know that in Jackson Co. and Upperman basketball is King. Westmoreland is now in a "private" district. But looks like a young man with his heart set on coaching could come in and make a name for himself.

Your are probably right...........a young man might can........but an established coach knows the situations and how hard it will be.........they dont have too.........they can move on or choose to slow down a bit. Westy has to be Goodpasture to get in......not happening as long as the privates get to do their thang.........Upperman has great admin, good facilities........but graduated many and the region is not great, but good enough that it will always be a struggle. Young coaches school.

• 3 weeks later...

Any news here. Rumor is this is an inside job that the next coach was a done deal before Brooks left. I like some others just wonder why so many Upper cumbelrand coaches are leaving the profession. It seems odd to me.

Same rumor I have heard, I also heard that a decision was going to be made by last week. I haven't heard anything. Does anyone know for sure?

They need to get a good, strong coach from outside of the current program. I played at the start of the 06-07 season, one of the Texas brothers, and I was shocked at how lax the program was and the favoritism in effect. I left the team before the first game even started. Seemed they could have used my help.

Quitter?