Chattanooga Christian over Grundy

Indian

It was in there today, CCS must have called it in as it had their leading rebounder. It was 23-23 at the half but CCS outscored Grundy 27-11 in the second half, including 15-3 in the third quarter. Grundy made only two threes, usually a major part of their game and CCS had four.

I did not see one either. That is not like Grundy win or lose to not have it in the paper. I got to the game early enough to see JV...I am now a grandpa, so I took off work all week. "Nothing like grandkids:)"

Here's my take on the game. I believe that JV is alot better than the Varsity. I am an outsider looking in, but after watching Grundy's young kids play...they are the team of the future. I just do not believe the guard personal for Grundy is strong at all. Maybe there is something I do not know, but I do not see why they play. Maybe they are Seniors? Anyone from Grundy....what grades are 10 and 22 in?

Also, why was the Freshmen not playing at all? The post player that I believe can be the best player never entered the game.

I did not see one either. That is not like Grundy win or lose to not have it in the paper. I got to the game early enough to see JV...I am not a grandpa, so I took off work all week. "Nothing like grandkids:)"

Here's my take on the game. I believe that JV is alot better than the Varisty. I am an outsider looking in, but after watching Grundy's young kids play...they are the team of the future. I just do not believe the guard personal for Grundy is strong at all. Maybe there is something I do not know, but I do not see why they play. Maybe the are Seniors? Anyone from Grundy....what grades are 10 and 22 in?

Also, why was the Freshmen not playing at all? The post player that I believe can be the best player never entered the game.

The freshman (Wiseman) missed practices during the Christmas break and is serving the penalties. Yes 10 and 22 are seniors.

There seems to be some internal issues at the moment. The kind that have killed talented Grundy teams before. Grundy girls never live up to their potential when we are....

1. Too focused in on one player that they must carry the load. Like in the Kim Woodlee days. Kim was great and is one of my favorite people of all time. But the team relied too much on her, the coaches relied too much on her and she also felt she had to carry things. And we never made it to Murfreesboro with her. A year later when we had 6-7 girls that knew any one of them might have to lead but also didn't care to throw the ball to who was hot and didn't care who led in scoring.....and we won it all.

2. To focused in on ourselves...one INDIVIDUAL at a time. When we have players that feel they should be the leading scorer or rebounder or whatever and we have that ME mentality we self destruct. We lose games we should win. We get put out in the first game of the region or worse.

I personally think #2 is creaping up all over us at the moment. At least it smells like #2. We have a wealth of talent. We had another freshman post player (Coffelt) play very big in the first half against Christian the other night. I think she rolled off six straight baskets. She was playing with hustle, determination and confidence and we were in the game. She had very few touches in the second half and we got outscored 27-11.

Hopefully the Lady Yellow Jackets will shake it off and come together. If not I'm sure the softball coach will be happy to have his players on the field sooner this year.

DL.

I figured she was not playing due to discipline of some sort. Kudos to the coaching staff for following through even on a big game...some may have waited for her to serve her penalty. I have watched Grundy quite a bit this year and there do seem to be internal problems. I made the mistake of sitting around some Grundy parents and I will NEVER make that mistake again. I could not believe how successful they were if they had to go home and listen to the comments their parents made. It seems now maybe that is who they are listening to. So many teams get bogged down with listening to others besides who they should be listening to.

I watched Grundy back in the days even before Kim Woodlee come along. A very good player, but I always got the impression she was expected to carry them. I remember watching the York semifinals at Marion the year Grundy had to play there and Grundy folks saying we will never make it to the state now. Then, the following year was a HUGE success. That bunch was so fun to watch. Did they do a reunion type thing for those girls on the state team since it has been 10 years? I would like to know what those girls all ended up doing. Woodlee, I know coaches and I am assuming may teach.

Over the years I have liked watching Grundy basketball and I hope it can get back to what it use to be. Like I said above if they are listening to the parents thats where this problem starts