Brentwood Acedemy vs Cincinnati St. Xavier

Guest rupdogg88

Guest rupdogg88

What are the folks down South thinking of this one. It should be a great game Saturday. Will Brentwood bring a crowd? I hope that Coach T doesn't mind, but this is what the folks up North are thinking. http://www.yappi.com/forums/showthread.php?s=&threadid=22183

Kind of a weird game An Ohio team plays a Tennesse team in Kentucky. It might leave us all in a state of Confusion.

• Replies 13
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted by rupdogg88:

What are the folks down South thinking of this one. It should be a great game Saturday. Will Brentwood bring a crowd? I hope that Coach T doesn't mind, but this is what the folks up North are thinking. http://www.yappi.com/forums/showthread.php?s=&threadid=22183

Kind of a weird game An Ohio team plays a Tennesse team in Kentucky. It might leave us all in a state of Confusion.

Don't mind at all. I haven't been on Yappi in a couple of months, myself. I'll check in there later tonight. Got a soccer game to be at in 30 minutes.

Game is at Ryle H.S. in Florence KY From Nashville up I65 to Louisville then I71 toward Cincy. You'll lose the hour but its not a bad trip. I think its part of a doubleheader. Florence (Boone Co) has very good football, Shaun Alexander is a product but also the N KY area was home to Lorenzen (QB @ UK),UC's starting QB (a londg Italian name), UT signed a tackle from up there and UK's old TE (Smith I think) was a 2 sport phenom

Guest rupdogg88

I don't know the exact time, but its not a bad drive. At 12:30 Host school Ryle takes on Harrison County from around Lexington Kentucky. At 3:00 or 3:30 Brentwood Academy takes on Cincinnati St. Xavier. Last year St. Xavier was runner up for DI in Ohio with a 13-1 record. This should be a good game. Finally at 7:30 Cincinnati Elder takes on Louisville Trinity. Elder is always a power in Ohio while Trinity is always a power in Kentucky. Should be 3 great games for $10. I hope some of you will make the trip.

There will be a decent crowd coming from Brentwood. The students are taking a spirit bus up to the game that should be full, but you won't be blown away by the crowd or anything. We hope to bring as many as we can, however, for such an important interstate matchup. We're all looking forward to it. What's the outlook on St. X?

Posted by rupdogg88:

I don't know the exact time, but its not a bad drive. At 12:30 Host school Ryle takes on Harrison County from around Lexington Kentucky. At 3:00 or 3:30 Brentwood Academy takes on Cincinnati St. Xavier. Last year St. Xavier was runner up for DI in Ohio with a 13-1 record. This should be a good game. Finally at 7:30 Cincinnati Elder takes on Louisville Trinity. Elder is always a power in Ohio while Trinity is always a power in Kentucky. Should be 3 great games for $10. I hope some of you will make the trip.

There are only a total of about 375 students (coed) in the Brentwood Academy Upper School, so there won't be a large number of fans.

Guest rupdogg88
Posted by WesVols:

There will be a decent crowd coming from Brentwood. The students are taking a spirit bus up to the game that should be full, but you won't be blown away by the crowd or anything. We hope to bring as many as we can, however, for such an important interstate matchup. We're all looking forward to it. What's the outlook on St. X?

St. X is a school in Cincinnati. They are members of the GCL-S (Greater Catholic League South) They are made up of about 1000+ boys. It is just males in the school. Last week against Cincinnati Sycamore they looked sloppy and barely won the game 10-7. With all ten of their points coming in the 4th quarter. Sycamore by no means is a power and hasn't made the playoffs since 96. St. X always plays Cincinnati Moeller and Cincinnati Elder, also members of the GCL. Those are probably their two biggest rivals. I expect that if Brentwood isn't effected by the bus trip they should win. If Brentwood is effected and St. X regroups from last week St. X will win. I am hoping for a good game. I will be there to see the next game Trinity/Elder. Last year Elder and St. X played in front of 35,000+ at UC's Nippert Stadium. The week before that they played at Paul Brown Stadium against two other teams in a double header in front of 48,000+. When Elder and X played in the regular season 8000 tickets were sold to a stadium that only holds 3,700. Tickets were being scalped for that game. I saw $50 for one. Trinity usually has a crowd. They usually sell out UofL Papa John's Cardinal Stadium for their yearly game with Louisville St. Xavier. So Trinity, Elder, and X will definetly have people there. If you guys come a bunch of folks from Yappi.com and Bluegrasspreps.com (Ohio and Kentuckys coacht.com ) are meeting after the Brentwood Acedemy St. X game and before the Trinity/Elder game, underneath the scoreboard. You are more then welcome to joing us. Here is some team info on St. X http://stats.sportshuddle.com/FanPages/Spo...Team.asp?TeamID={CF076F0D-E7C3-495A-A30E-24A862D94FF1}&setTeamType=3&setAffiliate=Cinc&setSeason={E5A91428-C469-43FE-ACC2-7FA0130AB5B7}

Can't make the game up there. Any internet broadcast? I believe my old EKU roomate (ex- Ryle H.S. Baseball assistant now Scott H.S. head coach) told me that this pairing is the most interesting of the 3. I wish a TN H.S. would hold a tri state weekend of games like at UTC or in Knoxville.

Also catch EKU v Oregon State on FOX Sports NW if they show it regionally on Thursday night.

Guest rupdogg88
Posted by fuzby:

Can't make the game up there. Any internet broadcast? I believe my old EKU roomate (ex- Ryle H.S. Baseball assistant now Scott H.S. head coach) told me that this pairing is the most interesting of the 3. I wish a TN H.S. would hold a tri state weekend of games like at UTC or in Knoxville.

I will see what I can do for you. I think 1160 Am out of Cincinnati is doing all 3 games. I will try to find a link to their website and post it here for you.

Guest HoosierEagle

It may have already been pointed out, but St. X is not a Cincinnati school. Saint Xavier is a Class 4-A school located in Louisville.

St. X is probably a top five school, but the best team in Kentucky also played at Ryle Saturday, and they are Louisville Trinity. The consensus is that Trinity is the best team in the state by a wide margin, and a Class 3-A school, Boyle County (riding a 46 game win streak), is the second best team in the state by a pretty good margin as well.