Gordonsville @ Smith County

Stark1

• Replies 14
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Well the Tiggers did not fair very well Friday night. With Ferris out with 3 fouls

the Tigerettes should have built up a lead. I don't remember them shooting

but 1 three point basket the whole first half. 3 pointers are a big part of their

offense. Not sure what happened there??? Seemed to never settle down-beat themselves..

Guest Termite

It's always evident that G-ville's game plan (as most other teams) is to get Ferris in foul trouble and foul her out of the games.

G-ville did that. Followed the game plan to a T. Kaci had 3 fouls half way through the 1st quarter...and G-ville does what??? Scores a grand total of 12 points in the half. With that being said, it appears that SC has more than 1 ball player.

Ferris picked up her 4th foul early in the 3rd quarter...........again playing right into Gordonsville's hand ...........I expected G-ville to take advantage ....but ......Owens-Angel-Shoulders-Kemp-Rigsby-Carr and crew held their ground.

Hey Z ...call them South Carthage High School....call them Lady Owls... call them Owlettes...but mainly just call them 2 and 0 against Gordunsvail....lol

It's always evident that G-ville's game plan (as most other teams) is to get Ferris in foul trouble and foul her out of the games.

G-ville did that. Followed the game plan to a T. Kaci had 3 fouls half way through the 1st quarter...and G-ville does what??? Scores a grand total of 12 points in the half. With that being said, it appears that SC has more than 1 ball player.

Ferris picked up her 4th foul early in the 3rd quarter...........again playing right into Gordonsville's hand ...........I expected G-ville to take advantage ....but ......Owens-Angel-Shoulders-Kemp-Rigsby-Carr and crew held their ground.

Hey Z ...call them South Carthage High School....call them Lady Owls... call them Owlettes...but mainly just call them 2 and 0 against Gordunsvail....lol

I would still say they only have about 2 others who do anything besides Ferris. But when she was out the other night, they did nothing as well. Gordonsville girls just played about their worst game of the year, very uncharacteristic turnovers, but give the Lady Owls credit, they were the casue of some of those turnovers. Tigerettes didn't shoot real well, but you will have games like that. Just have to play through them. To bad it came on Saturday night.

I would still say they only have about 2 others who do anything besides Ferris. But when she was out the other night, they did nothing as well. Gordonsville girls just played about their worst game of the year, very uncharacteristic turnovers, but give the Lady Owls credit, they were the casue of some of those turnovers. Tigerettes didn't shoot real well, but you will have games like that. Just have to play through them. To bad it came on Saturday night.

And you say I make excuses...give me a break.

And you say I make excuses...give me a break.

I plainly said we played crappy, but I gave the Owlettes credit for that to. They didnt play well either I thought. First half was real sloppy for both teams. GV girls missed tons of opportunities to build a lead, couldn't get it done when they needed to, like imallin said.

Carthage has some good athletes on that team NO DOUBT Now whether they r being used

to their highest potential could be questioned. Yes Ferris is so hard to stop- but when she went

out it was obvious to everyone in the gym (sc fans too) that the rest of the team was sorta

lost. Owens played one on one and beat her man over and over but as far as knowing

what to do or where to go they appeared lost. Didnt matter though cause Gville DID nothing

to take advantage of this situation. They continuously got beat to basket, couldnt hit anything

just stunk it up all around basically. I guess I would like to see some of those athletes on Carthage

turned loose and not have to be so dependent on Farris on offensive end to do it all. Smith has

the talent on the bench....

Guest Termite

Carthage has some good athletes on that team NO DOUBT Now whether they r being used

to their highest potential could be questioned. Yes Ferris is so hard to stop- but when she went

out it was obvious to everyone in the gym (sc fans too) that the rest of the team was sorta

lost. Owens played one on one and beat her man over and over but as far as knowing

what to do or where to go they appeared lost. Didnt matter though cause Gville DID nothing

to take advantage of this situation. They continuously got beat to basket, couldnt hit anything

just stunk it up all around basically. I guess I would like to see some of those athletes on Carthage

turned loose and not have to be so dependent on Farris on offensive end to do it all. Smith has

the talent on the bench....

I agree that when Kaci is out of the game...there is not much offense. But when you have 6"8" , there is no way you can't play to your strenght. If any Coach didn't make run their offense through Ferris.....what kind of criticism would that draw???? Now, there needs to be a back up plan...and you saw some of that with Owens....trouble is....the others are still learning...I think.

IMO...as far as developing players...The boys and girls from Forks River,Defeated,Union Heights and New Middleton are way behind where they should be. If the kids aren't taught the basics dribbling-passing-shooting-defense......well...that takes a year or two.