Dyer County vs Dyersburg

mattfromdburg

Ced "moved" from Halls to Newbern this year.

Didn't Rex Pierce "move" from Dyersburg to Newbern last year?

Well geez mrwilson why don't you seek these kids parents out and ASK them...since you seem to be concerned about their school choices /smile.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":)" border="0" alt="smile.gif" /> and all....while you are at it might as well find all the parents whose children choose to go to DCHS also..know of many who have transferred to DC and DO NOT play sports...might take a while.

• Replies 73
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I am not "concerned about their school choices" as you say. I just find it interesting that 2 players that transfer from schools a few miles down the road supposedly "move" to Newbern so they will not have to sit out a year.

First off let me say...I wish kids didn't have to sit out a year to be honest. Blake had to...Kody Howard is having to this year at D-burg. Tell you this if my child would be better off in a different school...I would find a way to move. Do you ever have anything nice to say about DC???

Where did McCord find the big guy and the read head and how did he get them eligible this year?

The big guy's mother was hired in Union City and moved to Newbern from Halls. The red head, John Hudson was an eight grader at Spring Hill who enrolled at DCHS. I guess when you have a good program it attracts good players.

Congrats to the Choctaws. The game offered no real surprises as far as I am concerned. Dyer County has a solid basketball team with the best fan support I've seen in a long, long time. Winning 81 games in the last 2 and 1/2 years has had alot to do with that. Thought both teams played with class and the fans on both sides sure had alot of fun ribbing each other throughout the contest. A great night of high school basketball in both games. No, the games weren't mistake-free, but taking the floor to a packed house may have caused some nervousness. Yes, Dyer County is that good. Dyersburg has made strides to get better and Kim Decker has done an outstanding job, but the Trojans just haven't been able to play well for an entire game yet. Good luck to both squads down the stretch.

It's pretty clear the grass is greener at DC. If I lived in that area and still had kids in school I would send them to DC..........That one is a nobrainer...........settling for 2nd best is OK with some (that's their choice).......But, don't knock kids and parents that want their kids to be the best they can be........Settling for 2nd best is clearly not an option for these parents and kids!!!!!!!!!

It's one think when parents/kids don't have a choice........it's quite another when they do. These parents know what's best for their kids...........more than anybody on these boards!!!!!!!!!!!! TAKE THAT TO THE BANK!!!!!!!!!!!!

It's pretty clear the grass is greener at DC. If I lived in that area and still had kids in school I would send them to DC..........That one is a nobrainer...........settling for 2nd best is OK with some (that's their choice).......But, don't knock kids and parents that want their kids to be the best they can be........Settling for 2nd best is clearly not an option for these parents and kids!!!!!!!!!

It's one think when parents/kids don't have a choice........it's quite another when they do. These parents know what's best for their kids...........more than anybody on these boards!!!!!!!!!!!! TAKE THAT TO THE BANK!!!!!!!!!!!!

It all depends upon what your priorities are.

Nobody has questioned anyone's choice of schools.

What has been questioned by many is the example that is being set for the players (and other students) when they are allowed to avoid TSSAA's "transfer and sit out a year rule" by trying to hide behind the "Bona Fide Change of Residence" exception. Remember, people that are watching (including other students) are not stupid.

I guess any high school could have a good team if they were able to get some of the best players from all around west tennessee!