Undefeated teams remaining (4)

foxylady

• Replies 25
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It's not about the JC mindset it's about skill and CR is better at every position plus CR is much better now than in the first meeting with JC and while they have won every game except the first one with JC by double digits they have been pushed harder by other teams, especially in the Christmas Tourney they won. I've have been hoping that CR would not become complacent given all the blowout wins but they seem to be 100% determined to put everyone away so the killer instinct is still there. CR should beat everyone left on the schedule and the only team that can beat CR is CR.

I wasn't talking about JC mindset, I was talking about CR's mindset. Sometimes a couple of our girls don't play like they should against JC. They lay back, don't take shots, don't drive, and try to let someone else win the game. Instead they should play them just like they do everyone else. But they DON'T. We have the skill

(without a doubt), but we need to use that killer instinct on JC also. Make no mistake, I am for CR the whole way, my point is that would be very arrogant and ignorant for us to think that an undefeated season will be a walk in the park. We must stay focused (which we have) and finish when it comes to JC. When we are holding the Gold ball, then we can talk about undefeated seasons. But then at that point it will not matter.

Gibson Co. defeated Bradford the other night 60-16 and defeated Ripley tonight 70-26.....

The starters played the first 2 1/2 quarters against Bradford and the starters only played for a 1 1/2 quarters tonight against Ripley. Our Freshman look VERY good and are fun to watch. They're providing more depth for us by each game they get to play in!

Gibson Co. defeated Bradford the other night 60-16 and defeated Ripley tonight 70-26.....

The starters played the first 2 1/2 quarters against Bradford and the starters only played for a 1 1/2 quarters tonight against Ripley. Our Freshman look VERY good and are fun to watch. They're providing more depth for us by each game they get to play in!

The starters might have played a total of 6 minutes the entire game... the bench looked very sharp...

GREAT job ladies... /thumb[1].gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":thumb:" border="0" alt="thumb[1].gif" />

I wasn't talking about JC mindset, I was talking about CR's mindset. Sometimes a couple of our girls don't play like they should against JC. They lay back, don't take shots, don't drive, and try to let someone else win the game. Instead they should play them just like they do everyone else. But they DON'T. We have the skill

(without a doubt), but we need to use that killer instinct on JC also. Make no mistake, I am for CR the whole way, my point is that would be very arrogant and ignorant for us to think that an undefeated season will be a walk in the park. We must stay focused (which we have) and finish when it comes to JC. When we are holding the Gold ball, then we can talk about undefeated seasons. But then at that point it will not matter.

The CR mindset is fine. HS girls don't look at games like older fans do. These girls all know each other and for the most part like each other. They play together in AAU and summer leagues. As a matter of fact, one of JCs starters from last years team was at the CR game last night wearing a CR t-shirt. They all compete and play hard but they don't lament over losses, only their mommies and daddys do that. CR and JC are both fine and will both play hard when they meet so again, it will come down to who has the most skill and who puts that skill to use on the court. I have never seen any CR player "lay back" and they do play JC like they play everyone else but JCs defense is better than everyone else's except CR so the CR players have to be patient and work the ball on offense. That being said, JC does not match up well against CR at any position. Leonard and Phillips are a push so when you look at the other four CR has a huge advantage. CR will only lose when CR decides to lose.

The CR mindset is fine. HS girls don't look at games like older fans do. These girls all know each other and for the most part like each other. They play together in AAU and summer leagues. As a matter of fact, one of JCs starters from last years team was at the CR game last night wearing a CR t-shirt. They all compete and play hard but they don't lament over losses, only their mommies and daddys do that. CR and JC are both fine and will both play hard when they meet so again, it will come down to who has the most skill and who puts that skill to use on the court. I have never seen any CR player "lay back" and they do play JC like they play everyone else but JCs defense is better than everyone else's except CR so the CR players have to be patient and work the ball on offense. That being said, JC does not match up well against CR at any position. Leonard and Phillips are a push so when you look at the other four CR has a huge advantage. CR will only lose when CR decides to lose.

I believe she was there because she is seeing(or talking to) one of the basketball boys for CR and the shirt probably was his way of making a crack at his ex-girlfriend. Don't believe everything you see. By the way I am not a mommy or daddy. You are right about one thing, CR decides when they lose. Somehow that is the same statement I have been making and you keep arguing it back to me. I am just saying it would be foolish for us fans to get on here and give any extra motivation to any teams that already have their sights aimed at us. But go ahead and tell JC how easy it will be for us to beat them, I am sure that will make them lay right down. The skill comment, just ask Red Boiling Springs the first time they played them, ask Upperman the second time they played them, ask Brentwood Academy when they played them. All close games with what you would think to be an obvious gap in skill level. /dry.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid="

I believe she was there because she is seeing(or talking to) one of the basketball boys for CR and the shirt probably was his way of making a crack at his ex-girlfriend. Don't believe everything you see. By the way I am not a mommy or daddy. You are right about one thing, CR decides when they lose. Somehow that is the same statement I have been making and you keep arguing it back to me. I am just saying it would be foolish for us fans to get on here and give any extra motivation to any teams that already have their sights aimed at us. But go ahead and tell JC how easy it will be for us to beat them, I am sure that will make them lay right down. The skill comment, just ask Red Boiling Springs the first time they played them, ask Upperman the second time they played them, ask Brentwood Academy when they played them. All close games with what you would think to be an obvious gap in skill level. /dry.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid="

Actually, she's seeing a boy from Pickett County not CR. Teams that play CR this year do not need any extra motivation as they're playing the best team in single A so anything said on a silly message board is irrelevant as everyone that plays CR will bring their A game. Going undefeated is also irrelevant as all that matters is how you finish in the end. Your comments concerning skill make no sense. JC squeezed by RBS in the first game then blew them out in the second. They were blown out by Upperman in their first meeting and barely lost to them in the second. All that shows me is inconsistent play. JC does not match up well with CR as I said. If CR loses to anyone it will be because they underachieved much like the Titans did agains the Raven last week. They won every statistical category and went up and down the field on the Ravens but penalties, fumbles, and a bad call lost them the game. The Titans are still a much better team then the Ravens but who's sitting at home and who's still playing. That's why they play the games but if CR plays to their potential every time they take the floor they will not lose. If they do not they will lose. They don't have to rely on their opponents to have off nights or bad games but whoever plays CR had better hope that CR does.

Going undefeated is also irrelevant as all that matters is how you finish in the end. Your comments concerning skill make no sense. JC squeezed by RBS in the first game then blew them out in the second. They were blown out by Upperman in their first meeting and barely lost to them in the second. All that shows me is inconsistent play.

My comments aren't about skill level. My comments are about real life. The final score is not based on skill. We aren't awarded extra points at the beginning of the game because we are more talented. We have to take them. You made about as ignorant statement as I have heard (and that's saying a lot on here) by saying our talent is so good that no one stands a chance. I hope you are right. The above examples I gave earlier shows that even though JC has been out talented overall physically they gave some pretty darn good teams fits and beat some pretty good teams. Our girls had better be focused and ready to play (which they have), and finish against JC. Or we might be one of those teams. Talking about how much better we are..., and we should have..., blah, blah,blah... This team without a doubt has a chance, but my whole starting point was to not overlook us playing JC three more times before some of you get on here and beat your chest as fans.

My comments aren't about skill level. My comments are about real life. The final score is not based on skill. We aren't awarded extra points at the beginning of the game because we are more talented. We have to take them. You made about as ignorant statement as I have heard (and that's saying a lot on here) by saying our talent is so good that no one stands a chance. I hope you are right. The above examples I gave earlier shows that even though JC has been out talented overall physically they gave some pretty darn good teams fits and beat some pretty good teams. Our girls had better be focused and ready to play (which they have), and finish against JC. Or we might be one of those teams. Talking about how much better we are..., and we should have..., blah, blah,blah... This team without a doubt has a chance, but my whole starting point was to not overlook us playing JC three more times before some of you get on here and beat your chest as fans.

Allow me to make this simple for you as obviously I need to. IF and I mean IF CR plays to their potential it doesn't matter what the other team does. I did not say that anyone's talent is so good that no one has a chance now did I. Would you like to point out where I made that statement or it is your lack of comprehensive "skills" which led to this inference. You make a bold statement by even suggesting CR will meet JC three more times. Are you implying that both CR and JC will breeze thru both the district and regional tournaments? Pretty cocky, eh. One thing's for certain and that is that they will meet in Gainesboro on the 26th. If you are too afraid of what might happen just stay at the house.

Allow me to make this simple for you as obviously I need to. IF and I mean IF CR plays to their potential it doesn't matter what the other team does. I did not say that anyone's talent is so good that no one has a chance now did I. Would you like to point out where I made that statement or it is your lack of comprehensive "skills" which led to this inference. You make a bold statement by even suggesting CR will meet JC three more times. Are you implying that both CR and JC will breeze thru both the district and regional tournaments? Pretty cocky, eh. One thing's for certain and that is that they will meet in Gainesboro on the 26th. If you are too afraid of what might happen just stay at the house.

If you go on the 26th, you might be there by yourself. I think the game is on the 27th. /rolleyes.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":rolleyes:" border="0" alt="rolleyes.gif" />