Boyd Buchanan Duals

bbb

Silverdale Wins Buccaneer Duals

http://www.chattanoogan.com/articles/article_142290.asp

by B.B. Branton

posted January 10, 2009

Silverdale Baptist defeated Harding Academy (42-21), McMinn Central (54-22) and McMinn County (39-24) in the finals.

“Winning the Buccaneer Duals is a big deal for our guys as this is the first tournament win in our three-year history,’’ said coach Ricky Johnson.

“I thought we had a real good chance to win coming into this tournament,’’ stated Johnson who knows something about winning, as a two-time state champion (1989, 1991) at Chattanooga Central.

Buccaneer Duals (Finals)

Silverdale Baptist 39, McMinn County 24

130 – Trent Swafford (MC) pinned Turner (SB), 3:22

135 – Ryan Powell (SB) pinned Jonathan Murillo, :32

140 – A.J. Hall (MC) pinned Jared Habernas, 4:15

145 – Zach Anderson (SB) dec. Patrick Busch, 11-5

152 – Jake Anderson (SB) pinned Chris Whitney, 2:45

160 – Ethan Shamblin (SB) pinned Sam Petrillo, :40

171 – Chris Holloway (SB) pinned Andrew Winder, 1:04

189 – Joseph Conterino (SB) pinned Zach Farris, 1:20

215 – Joseph Makey (SB) pinned Trip Hicks, 2:14

285 – Daniel Farris (MC) forfeit win

103 – no match

112 – no match

119 – Juan Hernandez (MC) forfeit win

125 – no match

Record: Silverdale Baptist (7-12)

Next Match: Friday (1/16) – Sale Creek at Silverdale Baptist, 5 p.m.

Silverdale Wins Buccaneer Duals

Silverdale Baptist won the Boyd Buchanan's Buccaneer Duals Saturday by defeating Harding Academy (42-21), McMinn Central (54-22) and McMinn County (39-24) in the finals.

???Winning the Buccaneer Duals is a big deal for our guys as this is the first tournament win in our three-year history,??™??™ said coach Ricky Johnson.

???I thought we had a real good chance to win coming into this tournament,??™??™ stated Johnson who knows something about winning, as a two-time state champion (1989, 1991) at Chattanooga Central.

Buccaneer Duals (Finals)

Silverdale Baptist 39, McMinn County 24

130 ??“ Trent Swafford (MC) pinned Turner (SB), 3:22

135 ??“ Ryan Powell (SB) pinned Jonathan Murillo, :32

140 ??“ A.J. Hall (MC) pinned Jared Habernas, 4:15

145 ??“ Zach Anderson (SB) dec. Patrick Busch, 11-5

152 ??“ Jake Anderson (SB) pinned Chris Whitney, 2:45

160 ??“ Ethan Shamblin (SB) pinned Sam Petrillo, :40

171 ??“ Chris Holloway (SB) pinned Andrew Winder, 1:04

189 ??“ Joseph Conterino (SB) pinned Zach Farris, 1:20

215 ??“ Joseph Makey (SB) pinned Trip Hicks, 2:14

285 ??“ Daniel Farris (MC) forfeit win

103 ??“ no match

112 ??“ no match

119 ??“ Juan Hernandez (MC) forfeit win

125 ??“ no match

Record: Silverdale Baptist (7-12)

Next Match: Friday (1/16) ??“ Sale Creek at Silverdale Baptist, 5 p.m.

e-mail B.B. Branton at william.branton@comcast.net

also posted on www.chattanoogan.com

Congratulations on your first tournament win. Great job for a very small school with a young program.

Congradulations Ricky ! Keep up the hard work. I cant wait to see some of those seahawks use the patented top secret potato sack move that won you those state championships.

I really appreciate the encouragement. It's tough coming in as the third head coach in 4 years. Ben & Bobby started it off and they left a good group of guys. By the way I really did not want the potato sack move to get out so if you can let's keep it to ourselves.

I really appreciate the encouragement. It's tough coming in as the third head coach in 4 years. Ben & Bobby started it off and they left a good group of guys. By the way I really did not want the potato sack move to get out so if you can let's keep it to ourselves.

I passed it on to you in all faith that you will do the right thing and bestow it on the right kid at the right time. Its one of those that is unstoppable as long as its unexpected. Now your flaming barracuda move on the other hand is always unstoppable. The great Mud Rat passed that one on to you I believe.

Not taking anything away from Silverdale or McMinn.. But if kingston would have had a full team they would've won the entire tournament. They went inti every match diowb by 30 points. They ended up only losing to McMinn by 3 in a very good match up. Kingston is a force to be watched for. They may be a small team but they will sure make the match close

Not taking anything away from Silverdale or McMinn.. But if kingston would have had a full team they would've won the entire tournament. They went inti every match diowb by 30 points. They ended up only losing to McMinn by 3 in a very good match up. Kingston is a force to be watched for. They may be a small team but they will sure make the match close

Ummm - ok. Silverdale went into the tournament with five forfeits too. That's -30 as well.

Unless there was a bus crash on the way to the tournament I am not aware of causing you to forfit weight classes , you ARE taking away from the the other teams with your excuses. Fielding a team is part of dual meet wrestling. Silverdale managed it with a much smaller enrollment than the other schools and a much younger program.

I say Bravo !

not sure who this knot head is from my team, but I'll find out!

Great tournament and I congratulate Silverdale on a much deserved tournament title.

My wrestlers know that they have no excuse, none. While I was tickled with our overall performance in this tournament and saw a lot of improvement in most of my wrestlers, we didn't take care of business when we needed to, 30 points or 50 points.

Sophomore- stay off this forum if you can't act and speak with intergrity, character, and humility. Lose with character and win with character! In this sport, your fate is in your hands until you put it in someone elses. Nobody to blame.

Great job Silverdale and the rest of the teams that participated.

Coach Adams

Kingston HS Wrestling

not sure who this knot head is from my team, but I'll find out!

Great tournament and I congratulate Silverdale on a much deserved tournament title.

My wrestlers know that they have no excuse, none. While I was tickled with our overall performance in this tournament and saw a lot of improvement in most of my wrestlers, we didn't take care of business when we needed to, 30 points or 50 points.

Sophomore- stay off this forum if you can't act and speak with intergrity, character, and humility. Lose with character and win with character! In this sport, your fate is in your hands until you put it in someone elses. Nobody to blame.

Great job Silverdale and the rest of the teams that participated.

Coach Adams

Kingston HS Wrestling

Wow ! Great post from a classy coach.

Parents of athletes on this team can rest easy. Their kids are in good hands.