Hampton Basketball

First, why then are the( players/ex-players/coaches) typing on here?(I would call that a "mess on the bench") Second, we are quite happy with(ALL) our coaches on the Creek! By the way all three(boy's coaches) played during the time frame you typed of, yes including Aaron Dugger. The days of Jon Minton, Aaron Dugger, and Daniel McInturff have just begun.(no "mess" on their bench, no "mess" in the stands, no "mess" on these threads) No, the days are not over. I know thst's a tough one to read.

Unaka's mess is on the court. But I do hear complaining all the time from people on the Creek. Unaka is back to losing like they've always done. If there is so big of a mess at Hampton, why are the Dawgs winning?

Lord Vader, did you not read this? I don't think UsernameIsAlreadyTaken did. He/She brought Unaka into this.

I can't read for other people...

• Replies 107
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Vader, this Last Word character is a strange one of sorts. His cut-throating and coach bashing is just a prime example of how things are done on the creek. Hampton and Cloudland have destroyed Unaka athletics and these Creekers would like nothing better than to cause dissention among the Hampton fans. This guy would be better off to just go somewhere and hide like the rest of the Creekers because the rest of them are too embarrassed to show themselves on here. /roflol.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":roflol:" border="0" alt="roflol.gif" />

Well we go to Bluefield for a little golf scholarship and get home sick and come home to cry to mommy! Now you try to kiss up to Jerry and get to set on the bench again. WOW full circle!! I am impressed! WE ALL WANT TO SEE HAMPTON WIN!! The players on the floor know more basketball than you do!! The freshman team knows more than you do. And by the way "genius" I wasn't trashing any of the "real" coaches, I was making a suggestion to Jerry. I have a lot of respect for him, have known him long before you were ever born. I know how much pain Jerry is in. He has a severe back problem. He is also a compassionate coach...if not he wouldn't have let you sit on the bench for 4 years!! I also knew Buck Vanhuss and trust me, you wouldn't have made a good manager for Ole Buck. First of all you shouldn't get on here and trash the players on the team, so don't look for respect from them. Secondly, thats why Hampton sports is where it is today, snotty nosed "kids" trying to act like coaches. The title of "coach" isn't given to you, you have to earn it! So keep your negative comments to yourself better yet maybe I should give Jerry a call and let him know just how people are trying to tear down the team from inside. I'm sure he would be very proud!!

Well, BULLDAWGFANFORLIFE, tell us all about UR scholarships U EARNED and were offered during the college days and about UR tremendous basketball career. Please tell us which scholarship U were offered and had the opportunity to choose to turn down!!! And since you know the coach, JERRY, on such a personal basis, why dont U just "CALL HIM UP" and tell him ur "suggestions" in person. And since U (this thread is all about U and what U think -HAHA) know so much about basketball - it would seem that U would be sitting on the bench by ur buddy "JERRY" instead of on here talking about other young men and their personal life. It is none of UR business what another individual chooses to do with the talent GOD gave them, scholarship or not. It would do U alot of good to have a little talk with GOD instead of JERRY and quit tearing down young people on here. This is no place to discuss someone's personal decisions or anything else. It's really sad that U - a grown adult- would choose to attack an individual on a personal basis like that. Im sure that "JERRY" would be very proud of U and the nice things U have chosen to say about his staff. Im sure he is honored to call U friend!!!!!!!!LOL /blush.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":blush:" border="0" alt="blush.gif" />

Do you REALLY want to get in to coaching"fiascos"(I wouldn't "PUSH" if you know what I mean)(football), heck McClain's name could even surface. That's a pretty tall list in it's self, well not pretty, just TALL. Oh yea, didn't McClain take the Dogs to a sub-state? Successful he was! Do you want to get into this, we can?(almost blew over, almost).

Coach McClain was removed from his position because he was in legal trouble and was doing things he shouldn??™t have been doing. His firing had absolutely nothing to do with wins or losses on the basketball court. Personally I like Coach McClain I think he??™s a good guy who just made some mistakes. But, what exactly was coach Chambers fired for? He broke a rule but was not removed by the TSSAA. Hmmmm that sounds to me like an excuse to remove a coach who wasn??™t in the creeker click but was very successful at the same time. I guess he didn??™t play the right parents girls or yelled at them to much or maybe he just won too much. But your right, 4 wins 13 defeats s is much better for the program than contending for state tournament births every year hahahahahahahahahahahaha silly creeker /roflol.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":roflol:" border="0" alt="roflol.gif" />

First, why then are the( players/ex-players/coaches) typing on here?(I would call that a "mess on the bench") Second, we are quite happy with(ALL) our coaches on the Creek! By the way all three(boy's coaches) played during the time frame you typed of, yes including Aaron Dugger. The days of Jon Minton, Aaron Dugger, and Daniel McInturff have just begun.(no "mess" on their bench, no "mess" in the stands, no "mess" on these threads) No, the days are not over. I know thst's a tough one to read.

Looks like a mess to me. Hampton has already taken The Rangers to the wood shed once and they got it handed to them by the Landers last week. That program has faded to nothing.

Unaka's mess is on the court. But I do hear complaining all the time from people on the Creek. Unaka is back to losing like they've always done. If there is so big of a mess at Hampton, why are the Dawgs winning?

I can't read for other people...

Hampton has (2) more w's than Unaka.................. I know you can't, I was hoping you might though.

Vader, this Last Word character is a strange one of sorts. His cut-throating and coach bashing is just a prime example of how things are done on the creek. Hampton and Cloudland have destroyed Unaka athletics and these Creekers would like nothing better than to cause dissention among the Hampton fans. This guy would be better off to just go somewhere and hide like the rest of the Creekers because the rest of them are too embarrassed to show themselves on here. /roflol.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":roflol:" border="0" alt="roflol.gif" />

Exposed you!

Coach McClain was removed from his position because he was in legal trouble and was doing things he shouldn??™t have been doing. His firing had absolutely nothing to do with wins or losses on the basketball court. Personally I like Coach McClain I think he??™s a good guy who just made some mistakes. But, what exactly was coach Chambers fired for? He broke a rule but was not removed by the TSSAA. Hmmmm that sounds to me like an excuse to remove a coach who wasn??™t in the creeker click but was very successful at the same time. I guess he didn??™t play the right parents girls or yelled at them to much or maybe he just won too much. But your right, 4 wins 13 defeats s is much better for the program than contending for state tournament births every year hahahahahahahahahahahaha silly creeker /roflol.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":roflol:" border="0" alt="roflol.gif" />

What kind of "legal" trouble was he in? How long was this going on? Is he the only one that has been fired from Hampton? Is there anyone in trouble at this time at Hampton or it's feeder schools? (I bet your post players are feeling left out, your welcome)

Hampton has (2) more w's than Unaka.................. I know you can't, I was hoping you might though.

Exposed you!

Exposed for what? You really need to get off the Pabst. These Creekers have bean beaten so much, they're starting to talk crazy. /roflol.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":roflol:" border="0" alt="roflol.gif" />

What mess are you talking about? The dawgs are winning. Sure, there are some things we need to do better but we are young and getting better every game. Some people prefer different styles of play and want changes made at every school in every sport to me it??™s a very common thing. I think people just see the great potential and talent this team has and they want to make sure that it is used in the right way and it will be. This group is going to have a very successful run and its going to be a lot of fun to watch if you??™re wearing Hampton colors.

GO BULLDOGS!!!!!!!!

I agree this team has the potential to put another STATE CHAMPIONSHIP board up in the gym. It has been too long (1960) since the last one. Hopefully they will work together as a "TEAM" and realize their potential and with great coaching, I believe they could go all the way. GOOD LUCK BULLDOGS! I'M BEHIND YOU 110%!!!

Well, BULLDAWGFANFORLIFE, tell us all about UR scholarships U EARNED and were offered during the college days and about UR tremendous basketball career. Please tell us which scholarship U were offered and had the opportunity to choose to turn down!!! And since you know the coach, JERRY, on such a personal basis, why dont U just "CALL HIM UP" and tell him ur "suggestions" in person. And since U (this thread is all about U and what U think -HAHA) know so much about basketball - it would seem that U would be sitting on the bench by ur buddy "JERRY" instead of on here talking about other young men and their personal life. It is none of UR business what another individual chooses to do with the talent GOD gave them, scholarship or not. It would do U alot of good to have a little talk with GOD instead of JERRY and quit tearing down young people on here. This is no place to discuss someone's personal decisions or anything else. It's really sad that U - a grown adult- would choose to attack an individual on a personal basis like that. Im sure that "JERRY" would be very proud of U and the nice things U have chosen to say about his staff. Im sure he is honored to call U friend!!!!!!!!LOL /blush.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":blush:" border="0" alt="blush.gif" />

Wasn't looking for a scholarship, had to go to work and earn a living. But I assure you that if I had the opportunity for a scholarship, I wouldn't have squandered it and QUIT! As far as sitting on the bench , been there and done that. I know when it's time to give it up and watch. And really "mom" your little boy is the one that got on here first and was bashing the team. Go back and read about it. And yes I will be talking to Jerry about a lot of things not only basketball and I am pleased to inform you that isn't any of your business either! Oh by the way, I talk to GOD several times a day. Maybe you should take a little of your own medicine, might do you good!