Hampton Basketball

• Replies 107
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Like I said in one of my previest post's I could possibly see them losing 2 or 3 games. But now I am kinda sceptical about that. Cloudland on the road will be a very tough challenge,Happy Valley I believe that game is @ Happy Valley. If so I could see Happy Valley making this a very tight basketball game. Then earlier I said Unaka could give the dog's a very tough matchup @ Snavely but they play so inconsistent and their shot selection at times is horrible.

So like I said 2 teams is a very sure possibility the other one we will just have to see which team comes prepared to play.

But I think Hampton is in the same position they usually get in.The region is so weak it is basically a cake walk to get a substate birth therefore I see them playing on the road possibly somewhere within the likes of Grace Christian and I dont think Hampton on the road can play with a calibur team like Grace key word "on the road" and they tend to struggle at times from the foul line so if you are going into a big game like that free throws and taking care of the basketball are very important.

Grace also has very good senior leadership that a young Hampton team would have trouble playing a full 4 quarter basketball game with.

but I agree with Vader right now I would have to say Hampton is at the top Cloudland then Unaka. But we will all just have to see how things pan out come time for tournaments..

But I think Hampton is in the same position they usually get in.The region is so weak it is basically a cake walk to get a substate birth therefore I see them playing on the road possibly somewhere within the likes of Grace Christian and I dont think Hampton on the road can play with a calibur team like Grace key word "on the road" and they tend to struggle at times from the foul line so if you are going into a big game like that free throws and taking care of the basketball are very important.

There is no way Hampton beats Grace. But if the Dawgs win the region, which the regional championship will most likely be against Unaka or Cloudland since the next district is very weak, that means they will play at Vanhuss-White against probably Oliver Springs, Wartburg, or Rockwood. Hampton could beat any of those teams. A win against one of those teams would mean the Dawgs would have a birth in the state tournament.

As for predictions, I would say that the Dawgs win at least 8 of the last 11 and win the conference. The games at Unaka, at Cloudland, at Happy Valley, and at home against Elizabethton will be tough. But I can't see Hampton not winning at least 1 of those 4. As for the district, region, or sub-state, it's too early to make predictions about those. But I would be dissappointed if the Dawgs didn't make it to sub-state...

Unaka is improving, Elizabethton is going to be tough but at home, Cloudland is always a tough game because it??™s such a big rivalry, and the Happy Valley game is in that same category with the Cloudland game. All of those games are going to be tough, especially road trips to Roan Mountain and Stoney Creek, but I think Hampton is going to finish up strong. The upcoming schedule is pretty tough but I don??™t think any of those teams are the caliber of Johnson County, or Unicoi County so it does get a little easier as far as playing more talented teams. The Cloudland and Unaka game are going to be close and I think a lot of our success will have to do with how our young players handle the crowd and the pressure of playing those two rivals in big games but I think they will be fine and should win the conference. And I completely agree with Vader. We have to win the region if we are making a state tournament appearance; a trip to Grace would be a very tough task for the Bulldogs.

I can see them going sub-state, From what I hear there isn't really any single A teams outside of grace that anyone could compare to Unicoi or Johnson County,"I don't know much about the west but i'm suyre manassas is good",But so far they are undefeated against single A schools.

I for one can't wait for play-off time. It will be very interesting to see how this Hampton team matures in the last 11 regular season games.

Go Bullldogs!!!

There is no way Hampton beats Grace. But if the Dawgs win the region, which the regional championship will most likely be against Unaka or Cloudland since the next district is very weak, that means they will play at Vanhuss-White against probably Oliver Springs, Wartburg, or Rockwood. Hampton could beat any of those teams. A win against one of those teams would mean the Dawgs would have a birth in the state tournament.

As for predictions, I would say that the Dawgs win at least 8 of the last 11 and win the conference. The games at Unaka, at Cloudland, at Happy Valley, and at home against Elizabethton will be tough. But I can't see Hampton not winning at least 1 of those 4. As for the district, region, or sub-state, it's too early to make predictions about those. But I would be dissappointed if the Dawgs didn't make it to sub-state...

Just a casual observation from a casual fan, but I think I would also be worried about the game down in Baileyton. I know North Greene flopped against Cloudland. But I honestly believe that they will pull out a district win at home against either Unaka, Hampton, or UH. I mean if you play down there on a night were you get a bad set of refs, and Hopson (who I thing is the conference MVP, hands down) is on, I think they would pull out a win.

Just a casual observation from a casual fan, but I think I would also be worried about the game down in Baileyton. I know North Greene flopped against Cloudland. But I honestly believe that they will pull out a district win at home against either Unaka, Hampton, or UH. I mean if you play down there on a night were you get a bad set of refs, and Hopson (who I thing is the conference MVP, hands down) is on, I think they would pull out a win.

Hampton goes to North Green Thursday. We had a really tough time there last year but I think a lot of that was due to the Bulldogs overlooking the Huskies and being a little too confident. When we played those guys last season at their place we were ranked 4th in the state and thought we couldn??™t be beat and we barely got out of that place with a win. I think this year??™s team is hungry for some wins and will come out on top against the Huskies, but I agree that is a trap game for the boys and should be a great game between the girls.

GO BULLDOGS!!!!!!!!

Hampton played pretty well, I thought, against Providence! They actually missed a lot of shots they usually hit, but played pretty well overall. I think Hampton will go to NG and wax the Huskies tomorrow night.

Let me get this straight that you think the post players played well. Never in my life have I seen such stuff. Laziness abounds. What could be but never will be, and that is not a slap at the coaches. It wouldn't matter who was on the bench the post play would never change until they (players) have a change of heart and actually play hard, which they never do.

True, the post players didn??™t play very well against Providence but I think tylerdurden was talking about the complete team performance and it was really good as a whole. And I know one of the post players was a little bothered by a prior injury. I??™m not saying that an excuse for a sluggish performance but it??™s a fact. Our post players are coming along fine and just had an off night. We also got some production from one of our big men against Providence that hasn??™t really played well so far this year and that was really good to see.

GO BULLDOGS!!!!!!!!!!!

Let me get this straight that you think the post players played well. Never in my life have I seen such stuff. Laziness abounds. What could be but never will be, and that is not a slap at the coaches. It wouldn't matter who was on the bench the post play would never change until they (players) have a change of heart and actually play hard, which they never do.

I was referring to the team as a whole! I didn't think it was our post players best game either though! I do see some laziness in some of them but not as much as in the past and i think they are playing okay. They can get better and I think they will as they get more experience.

Why don't you just stay off the boy's boards? All you do is run your mouth and try to hurt the team. Stay on the girl's boards. Even when Hampton's boys play well, you cannot find anything good to say...

True, the post players didn??™t play very well against Providence but I think tylerdurden was talking about the complete team performance and it was really good as a whole. And I know one of the post players was a little bothered by a prior injury. I??™m not saying that an excuse for a sluggish performance but it??™s a fact. Our post players are coming along fine and just had an off night. We also got some production from one of our big men against Providence that hasn??™t really played well so far this year and that was really good to see.

GO BULLDOGS!!!!!!!!!!!

well he might have been bothered by a prior injury but that done mean that u dont go in the game. He might have lost some playing time because there was a 5 foot nothing guard guarding him and the post you speak of could not score he has to want to play and not chickin out when someone pushes him a little.