District 4AA

bilbob

I think the biggest questions will be with 2nd base and third base. DiFelice is a pretty solid anchor at short and can lead a young or inexperienced infield. Cooper/Hookman/Irwin all have experience at first so I think they should be alright there. McDermott at third is another ? The outfield is pretty well proven and catching is pretty well stocked with Broussard as well. Pitching will include Peters, Irwin, and Junior Travis Donahoo as probable starters with relievers Difelice, Juniors Matt Seaver, John Andrew McDermott, And Tyler Williamson.

The loss of Anders is big.

How could I forget Seaver and Donahoo. Both had solid years last year as soph. My bad.

• Replies 22
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Where are you ironman? How bout them redskins?

Loudon lost 5 starters (2 pitchers that played other positions also) and another top pitcher is coming off an arm injury. Could be a tough year for the Redskins in a tough district. I would say you could take any team with the exception of Scott Co. and maybe Stone and be in the top 2 in any other district in east tennessee. This would mean going on to region. But, of course, that will not happen. Hopefully they will fill in the holes and won't have their first losing season since 1981.

Loudon lost 5 starters (2 pitchers that played other positions also) and another top pitcher is coming off an arm injury. Could be a tough year for the Redskins in a tough district. I would say you could take any team with the exception of Scott Co. and maybe Stone and be in the top 2 in any other district in east tennessee. This would mean going on to region. But, of course, that will not happen. Hopefully they will fill in the holes and won't have their first losing season since 1981.

You sound just like Coach Thompson. He could have a team full of all state players and by his preseason talk he would be lucky to have a winning season. So what is your prediction??? Dist. Champs, region, state....

You sound just like Coach Thompson. He could have a team full of all state players and by his preseason talk he would be lucky to have a winning season. So what is your prediction??? Dist. Champs, region, state....

They should be pretty good. We have them pretty early in the season so we will find out fairly quick.

AC in my opinion is not a lock for anything..They have some Huge holes to fill. The loss of All State player Alex Framer is big and Michael White. Plus the Mavs are going to have guys moving to new positions they have not played in a while. With Bynum gone Foster is going to have to move behind the dish then I am guessing they will have to put Pack at 3rd unless they have someone else with Ellis at 1st.. Who is moving into 2nd base position for the mavs????? With York in center who else is going to be in the outfield????

Looks like to me AC is going to have to prove themselves if they want to get out of the district....

I think the biggest questions will be with 2nd base and third base. DiFelice is a pretty solid anchor at short and can lead a young or inexperienced infield. Cooper/Hookman/Irwin all have experience at first so I think they should be alright there. McDermott at third is another ? The outfield is pretty well proven and catching is pretty well stocked with Broussard as well. Pitching will include Peters, Irwin, and Junior Travis Donahoo as probable starters with relievers Difelice, Juniors Matt Seaver, John Andrew McDermott, And Tyler Williamson.

The loss of Anders is big.

Catholic has a chance if junior pitcher travis donahoo steps up and throws strikes. but if he dosent he will lose it.

• 3 weeks later...