Pre-Season Rankings

mjuhb

This is how they do it in English Premier league (thanks to yahoo answers for easy explanation)...

In England we have four divisions in the football (soccer) league. The top division is called the premier the next division is called the championship the next is division one and the next is division two. The object is to work your way up the divisions to get to the premier. This is basically done by coming first second or third in your division, then you would move up to a higher division next season and the three bottom teams from the higher division would drop down to the lower division

It wouldn't be EXACTLY the same, because we have more than 20 teams in the top division. I also don't know how we would get rankings past 2nd place (play off system, reliable ranking?) but it would work the same. Top move up and bottom move down. Middle stay. The numbers would have to be looked at based on total teams played.

I think you are on to something G maybe we could get a bunch of coaches together on this one. It surely makes alot more sense than what we are doing now. That would give teams just getting soccer started a chance to compete instead of being put in districts with teams that have traditionally had success. This way we would truly have a State Champion that is definately the best. Every game in the top division should be hard fought no more cake walk games. The other divisions would have good compition as well. I love it !!!

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

You've got Houston ranked 3rd.

They lost David Haba, Matt Lightfoot and Brady Ondra just to name three of their guns.

Haba went on to the new Div1 program at ETSU, Lightfoot had a stellar fresman season at Sewanne and Ondra, an adidas ESP participant, signed with Florida Gulf Coast but transferred to U of Memphis showing you the talent these three possess.

Rumors abound that Houston's top-notch goalkeeper is "soccer-ed out" as well.

They will have a good team and most likely join Collierville at State, but a 3rd place ranking, albeit a pre-season one, seems generous and wishful.

what about MTHF the home school team they were good last year they tied independence. they only lost 4 player from last year 1 starter. this year they play franklin,cpa,ravenwood,jp2,independence,farragat they should be ranked too.

They are a good team, but I think because they are not an official TSSAA sanctioned squad, they won't get ranked (though MJUHB can do what he pleases!!!).

I'll put my money on Independence anyday. They have most of their returning players from last year and look for them to not only beat the home schooled team but also make a running at the state title.

the home school team plays only one or two home games a year. the independence game was called off at half time independence had 40 mph winds at there backs too and home school did not give up a goal and never got the wind to there backs