Upperman v. Livingston

up2late

Not hardly, we don't see eye to eye on many things.

/roflol.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":roflol:" border="0" alt="roflol.gif" />

Maybe you need to invest in some of these-------> /flower.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":flower:" border="0" alt="flower.gif" />

/thumb[1].gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":thumb:" border="0" alt="thumb[1].gif" /> /roflol.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":roflol:" border="0" alt="roflol.gif" />

• Replies 99
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I know that he is not out there to hurt someone, and I am not trying to give this kid a bad rep. But he did do it on purpose and should have paid the concequences on this particular play. I still believe that he very easily could have been ejected just because from the angle I was at, It looked like he lowered his body in the direction of Dunn's feet.

If this was any other player in the district besides the Dunn kid would this even be talked about. I doubt it!

I don't believe either team or coach would purposely hurt a player and I also know in the heat of battle each team plays hard and does whatever to help his/her team. I really thought the score would be just reversed from the two times I've seen both teams play but thats why they play the game. Congrats to the Bees for a good game plan and I still think these two teams are the best teams in this region. LA will have opprotunity to redeem themselves I believe Feb 13 at home. Good luck to both teams and I hope to see both in state.

It basically came down to which team wanted it the most and the Bees apparently wanted it more. Our boys must have went down to Baxter thinking that they would mop the floor up with them, but it didn't happen. I believe the rematch can be a whole lot different, that is if our boys come out with a little better attitude.

LA has pretty much had their way with the teams in their district the last 4 years. So it doesn't take much to get up for HOG-EYE when they come to town. Every team wants to be the team that beat LA. To me this game would be the easiest for the opposing coach to prepare for, by telling his kids they have nothing to lose and everything to gain.

That's why our guys better take a good hard look at themselves and do what needs to be done. Showing up for the game doesn't win every time. Every team you guys play will be after you with everything they have ...if there's anything to them. So you better bring your best every time you walk out on that floor b/c if you don't you have cheated yourself as well as your teammates.

I'm no expert on sports by any means, but I have seen many teams over the years and I rank this years team as potentially being one of the best I have ever seen around this mid-state area. But the best do all the right things day in day out. They don't take plays off, they don't take nights off they come and work hard everyday whether it be in the classroom, in practice or in a game.

It basically came down to which team wanted it the most and the Bees apparently wanted it more. Our boys must have went down to Baxter thinking that they would mop the floor up with them, but it didn't happen. I believe the rematch can be a whole lot different, that is if our boys come out with a little better attitude.

LA has pretty much had their way with the teams in their district the last 4 years. So it doesn't take much to get up for HOG-EYE when they come to town. Every team wants to be the team that beat LA. To me this game would be the easiest for the opposing coach to prepare for, by telling his kids they have nothing to lose and everything to gain.

That's why our guys better take a good hard look at themselves and do what needs to be done. Showing up for the game doesn't win every time. Every team you guys play will be after you with everything they have ...if there's anything to them. So you better bring your best every time you walk out on that floor b/c if you don't you have cheated yourself as well as your teammates.

I'm no expert on sports by any means, but I have seen many teams over the years and I rank this years team as potentially being one of the best I have ever seen around this mid-state area. But the best do all the right things day in day out. They don't take plays off, they don't take nights off they come and work hard everyday whether it be in the classroom, in practice or in a game.

The older you get, the more your philosophy reminds me of your dad. Maybe you'll turn out O.K. after all. /roflol.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":roflol:" border="0" alt="roflol.gif" /> He was one of my all time favorite people! /thumb[1].gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":thumb:" border="0" alt="thumb[1].gif" />

The older you get, the more your philosophy reminds me of your dad. Maybe you'll turn out O.K. after all. /roflol.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":roflol:" border="0" alt="roflol.gif" /> He was one of my all time favorite people! /thumb[1].gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":thumb:" border="0" alt="thumb[1].gif" />

Appreciate the vote of confidence RR. I have had several people tell me that I am just like my dad. Looking back he was my HERO. I always thought he was crazy but it's hard to tell a teenager anything as we all know. I guess the older I get I can see what my dad was trying to tell me. All I can do know is give back in some way.

The money's good you know what I mean. RC, for all your good thoughts I must respectfully disagree about Upperman wanting it more. To use an old saying"it was just one of those nights." Our shooting was really bad and obviously that, in part, is a credit to Upperman. LA got good looks that just didn't fall. I did not see a shortfall in effort from the Cats. I agree when you are the top dog you have an X marked on your chest, but Upperman had not lost a District game either. Nash and Baxter were hard matchups for LA. I saw Upperman lose to Station Camp and Nash had a pretty bad game. Against the Cats he played really well. I still believe LA is better, but that is yet to be determined for sure. Nice comments RC about the team working hard and especially your reference to the classroom. /biggrin.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":D" border="0" alt="biggrin.gif" />

The money's good you know what I mean. RC, for all your good thoughts I must respectfully disagree about Upperman wanting it more. To use an old saying"it was just one of those nights." Our shooting was really bad and obviously that, in part, is a credit to Upperman. LA got good looks that just didn't fall. I did not see a shortfall in effort from the Cats. I agree when you are the top dog you have an X marked on your chest, but Upperman had not lost a District game either. Nash and Baxter were hard matchups for LA. I saw Upperman lose to Station Camp and Nash had a pretty bad game. Against the Cats he played really well. I still believe LA is better, but that is yet to be determined for sure. Nice comments RC about the team working hard and especially your reference to the classroom. /biggrin.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":D" border="0" alt="biggrin.gif" />

Well since I didn't see the game I don't really have a clue. And I wasn't trying to be negative in any way. But sometimes a team or player becomes a little complacent. Especially after the last few games we have won fairly easy. And against Upperman I can see our boys coming out with like it's just another game we should win fairly easy. But the next thing you know we're behind and when you reach to get that extra gear it's to late. Players start forcing shots, trying to do to much etc. all the while the Bees are trying to stick us with that stinger a little deeper. To me that's wanting it more.

Believe me I know Upperman has a good team but I don't think they should have won the game with the talent we have much less beat us by 13 or whatever the score was.

Well since I didn't see the game I don't really have a clue. And I wasn't trying to be negative in any way. But sometimes a team or player becomes a little complacent. Especially after the last few games we have won fairly easy. And against Upperman I can see our boys coming out with like it's just another game we should win fairly easy. But the next thing you know we're behind and when you reach to get that extra gear it's to late. Players start forcing shots, trying to do to much etc. all the while the Bees are trying to stick us with that stinger a little deeper. To me that's wanting it more.

Believe me I know Upperman has a good team but I don't think they should have won the game with the talent we have much less beat us by 13 or whatever the score was.

Upperman shot a high percentage and LA shot less than 40% i think. I believe Upperman shot over 50%. Thats the tale. I was there and LA couldn't hit alot of shots that they generally do hit. When LA had the ball they couldn't do anything with it. Giving credit to Upperman though, because alot of it was caused by them. Upperman was the better team THAT night for sure.

Wildcat 1970

Upperman shot a high percentage and LA shot less than 40% i think. I believe Upperman shot over 50%. Thats the tale. I was there and LA couldn't hit alot of shots that they generally do hit. When LA had the ball they couldn't do anything with it. Giving credit to Upperman though, because alot of it was caused by them. Upperman was the better team THAT night for sure.

Wildcat 1970

Yes with that big of a difference in shooting %'s I can see why we lost. But I don't think that our boys came ready to play and didn't play until they got behind. And in no way am I aiming this at coach Melton or anyone else. I just think that we might have become a little complacent the last few weeks. With all the talk about the scoring record and this and that, I think we lost our focus, And again I am not aiming that in anybody's direction. But all these things had to play a big role in the way we came out tuesday night against the Bees. It's no biggie and we will be fine but I hate to see us go down there and lose to Upperman b/c we had our minds on something else instead of taking care of business. Like I said I'm sure the rematch will be different. And I know that you can't win them all but it hurts twice or three times as bad when you know you had the best team. We just need to stay focused and everything will take care of itself.

Nice recovery with a good win at Lafayette. And I'm sure Chase broke the record didn't he ??