Humboldt @ Lake Co. Jan. 30

Guest snakedriver

Your post makes more sense than redgold's and red's..that Humboldt wasn't going to press..I believe Humboldt is going to keep playing like they have ..and like you said..if the press is getting beat..try to hurry and get back..Thing is..Lake co should have Avery on the back of the press instead of Hockett and Avery will be able to get someone at the back in foul trouble..I don't believe Avery will get 30 against Humboldt..Because like you said..If he gets by 1 tall player..will have another player coming over to help..I look for Avery to shoot a lot more outside this game..!

I hope Avery does get to play outside some because I want to see what he is like with the ball. It is hard for Whitby to allow him to do that against Humboldt though because he's basically the only one that can rebound against Humboldt's bigs.

• Replies 583
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Uclabruin7 are u just a lc hater because every post i've read from you, you post something like this. Yea i think we can play with humboldt better that your uc tornadoes this year. Nothing against uc this year but their down. We can beat uc with out russell and we proved it. So as far as humboldt, It will be a good game but i think that we will shoot better than we did in the boldt. We missed a lot of shots in that game that were wide open. Patrick needs to shoot better than he did in that game but i have a feeling that he will show up and score from the outside. Even though that tevin will get his i will say that lc wins 80 to 75 to even the season series with the boldt. And then we will take care of the bussiness with uc.

I don't mean any harm but uc is not down just wait you will see many faces in a fraud when uc play their best basketball don't u remember uc losing 9 games in 2006 and still won state uc making a challenge of themselves you see that they played humboldt down to the wire but just couldnt quite get the over the back calls because the game was played in the boldt but wait till they meet in district when they play on a neutral floor it will be much different and lc also has an loss coming their way only one freethrow away from winning the game in the 4th quarter dont matter if russell was in foul trouble or not thats part of the game when you foul you eventually foul to much and foul out.....

Your post makes more sense than redgold's and red's..that Humboldt wasn't going to press..I believe Humboldt is going to keep playing like they have ..and like you said..if the press is getting beat..try to hurry and get back..Thing is..Lake co should have Avery on the back of the press instead of Hockett and Avery will be able to get someone at the back in foul trouble..I don't believe Avery will get 30 against Humboldt..Because like you said..If he gets by 1 tall player..will have another player coming over to help..I look for Avery to shoot a lot more outside this game..!

Humboldt will be foolish not to apply full court pressure in some kind of way, weather it's placed directly on the guards or a more effective full court press.

2 - 2 -1 is not the only press that's available. 2-1-2 would have worked much better against LC. and as Frankie said, if it doesn't work then drop back.

The press not only allows steals, it takes your ability to function because you are just pooped eventually. That's why the 3's were not falling. Because Humboldt doesn't depend on the 3, they are more likely to go ahead of a team that does.

Don't think Avery can play defense well and then shoot outside well also, unless LC stays in a zone.

I don't mean any harm but uc is not down just wait you will see many faces in a fraud when uc play their best basketball don't u remember uc losing 9 games in 2006 and still won state uc making a challenge of themselves you see that they played humboldt down to the wire but just couldnt quite get the over the back calls because the game was played in the boldt but wait till they meet in district when they play on a neutral floor it will be much different and lc also has an loss coming their way only one freethrow away from winning the game in the 4th quarter dont matter if russell was in foul trouble or not thats part of the game when you foul you eventually foul to much and foul out.....

i thought your UC team played a very well-rounded game the other night

they played much better than what they did in the Thunderdome

and they even shot well from 3

the only thing they can really inprove on is the defensive end

because they got back in transition pretty well too

Will you please come down from that cloud you are smoking on and join us. The 2006 UC team had Weddle, X, and MJ Brown. I'm glad that you are a great UC fan, but you have to be realistic about some things. Bringing up the past does not help your case at all, because of the fact that those 3 players above were legit. I understand that UC has played LC close twice, and lost to Humboldt by 13 this past game, but don't get so overhyped about a team that is young and mediocre. UC has many great years to come, but for right now, this is not the year. I will agree with you on that UC can upset one of us, but us or LC would have to have a bad night. This is a Humboldt vs. Lake Co. thread though, so bring this up under the District 14A topic.

i will look for Humboldt to run the 1-2-2 half court press more this next game

the little time they did play that defense it seemed more successful than the full court press

because they cant throw over the top like they did in the full court press

that would take away some of their guards quickness

and thats really what killed us last game

I'd like to see full court man to man it doesn't get much more easier than that.I'm not a big fan of zones they give way to many open looks.I think that Humboldt will come out of LC with a 1pt. victory,but I wouldn't be suprised if they get beat but it wouldn't be by a big margin.I too would like to see what Avery's got....I want to see him shoot more 3's & jumpers....just to see what he's got bc IMO I still don't think he's as good as Crayton.

Could be wrong though....Take my word if Humboldt keeps the FC Trap on untill late in the game there is a good chance LC will take advantage and gain a lead and it'll be very hard to catch up with LC at their own house.

Guest snakedriver

Your not trying to say that this UC team could win a gold ball are you??..........c'mon.................by the way, where is Legend?

I'd like to see full court man to man it doesn't get much more easier than that.I'm not a big fan of zones they give way to many open looks.I think that Humboldt will come out of LC with a 1pt. victory,but I wouldn't be suprised if they get beat but it wouldn't be by a big margin.I too would like to see what Avery's got....I want to see him shoot more 3's & jumpers....just to see what he's got bc IMO I still don't think he's as good as Crayton.

Could be wrong though....Take my word if Humboldt keeps the FC Trap on untill late in the game there is a good chance LC will take advantage and gain a lead and it'll be very hard to catch up with LC at their own house.

I'm with you on that one....if a team has the athletes, speed, and quickness just man up and get in somebodys jersey.....throw in a few traps here and there and help out when needed........like you said doesn't get much easier than that.

I heard Lake Co played the bigger Bledsoe a pretty good bit last night...Wouldn't surprise me to see Whitby maybe playing him against Humboldt..I noticed the 6'4 Dunbar took advantage of Hockett,about 5'8 about 3 times in a row and wouldn't be surprised to see Coach Whitby try Bledsoe...At about 6'6 or 6'7 and probably about 250 lbs..maybe he could keep Dunbar,probably the less talented of the big men from Humboldt as far as scoring,from just backing in under the baskt like he did against Hockett..Plus ..would be a big body that Taylor and Crayton would have to shoot over if they got loose from their defender..May be worth a gamble to try ,even if Humboldt got a big lead and won because of this..Would take a scorer away but maybe would help late in the game..he could give Lake Co some minutes..some more fouls..and maybe keep one of the smaller players fresh later in the game.