Dyer County vs Westview

adsmom86

• Replies 46
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I take DC...without a doubt!!!!!!!

Well Westview has the Lloyd bros.......the younger one being a very good player.....but DC has CJ, Rex and Fred. Fred has been putting up some numbers!!! 19 the last game....yankees you gotta come see this kid play /thumb[1].gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":thumb:" border="0" alt="thumb[1].gif" />

personally , im getting tired of the slow starts. my heart cant take it. i love the way coach mccord is building a program- not just a team. when they get hot in the first quarter the younger guys really get more experience. the crazy set of curcumstances that brought him and last years team together were stars aligning. now with the talent coming up we are gonna see some good ball for some time. i cant tell you how many times i heard that dc would fall this year. lol. i work in ripley in a factory represented by pretty much all of west tennessee. they know their ball and they appreciate dc. go boys and play hard. westview wont go down easily but i say dc by 16

Well Westview has the Lloyd bros.......the younger one being a very good player.....but DC has CJ, Rex and Fred. Fred has been putting up some numbers!!! 19 the last game....yankees you gotta come see this kid play /thumb[1].gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":thumb:" border="0" alt="thumb[1].gif" />

Indeed I do!!!!!! /thumb[1].gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":thumb:" border="0" alt="thumb[1].gif" /> Yarbrough may have as much upside as anybody on the court for this game from what I hear!!!!!!! /thumb[1].gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":thumb:" border="0" alt="thumb[1].gif" />

personally , im getting tired of the slow starts. my heart cant take it. i love the way coach mccord is building a program- not just a team. when they get hot in the first quarter the younger guys really get more experience. the crazy set of curcumstances that brought him and last years team together were stars aligning. now with the talent coming up we are gonna see some good ball for some time. i cant tell you how many times i heard that dc would fall this year. lol. i work in ripley in a factory represented by pretty much all of west tennessee. they know their ball and they appreciate dc. go boys and play hard. westview wont go down easily but i say dc by 16

/thumb[1].gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":thumb:" border="0" alt="thumb[1].gif" /> You are right it is about building a program....and the slow starts of the last few games are killing me too!!! EVERYBODY brings their A game when playing DC.

Dyer County should win....

I will say this...Westview has the shooters to stay with DC...You have to have a really good shooting night from the perimeter against DC....I did see a weakness in the DC game...It was transition defense...The Choctaws rely heavily on the press...They have the confidence in their game that they will cause the turnover in the backcourt...But if a team can break the press they will beat DC to the open perimeter shot....They don't get back....The other night Obion Central had no less than 5-8 wide open easy three point shot opportunities...They did hit 8 for 32 but that's not a great shooting night....Also if you do get the game into a halfcourt situation I noticed that DC doesn't really like to play defense for more than three or four passes....OC rushed quite a few possessions the other night...They settled for a contested three when if they would have just made two more passes they would have had the ball at the rim....When OC did work for shots they did get good ones...Westview also has more kids that can create shots than OC does...OC's three point shooters can't necessarily do that...Had the open shooters been able to go to the hole when they realized their perimeter shooting wasn't on they could have gotten a lot higher percentage shot and could have also drawn fouls...

DC has already beaten Westview in Martin pretty bad....Sort of like the same situation DC faced when they played played Haywood for the second time....DC is a very good team...CJ and Rex are very good...Their leadership is something you can't measure except for the fact they will more than likely put their team on their shoulders if they have to...

Dyer County should win....

I will say this...Westview has the shooters to stay with DC...You have to have a really good shooting night from the perimeter against DC....I did see a weakness in the DC game...It was transition defense...The Choctaws rely heavily on the press...They have the confidence in their game that they will cause the turnover in the backcourt...But if a team can break the press they will beat DC to the open perimeter shot....They don't get back....The other night Obion Central had no less than 5-8 wide open easy three point shot opportunities...They did hit 8 for 32 but that's not a great shooting night....Also if you do get the game into a halfcourt situation I noticed that DC doesn't really like to play defense for more than three or four passes....OC rushed quite a few possessions the other night...They settled for a contested three when if they would have just made two more passes they would have had the ball at the rim....When OC did work for shots they did get good ones...Westview also has more kids that can create shots than OC does...OC's three point shooters can't necessarily do that...Had the open shooters been able to go to the hole when they realized their perimeter shooting wasn't on they could have gotten a lot higher percentage shot and could have also drawn fouls...

DC has already beaten Westview in Martin pretty bad....Sort of like the same situation DC faced when they played played Haywood for the second time....DC is a very good team...CJ and Rex are very good...Their leadership is something you can't measure except for the fact they will more than likely put their team on their shoulders if they have to...

Yeah we have CJ and Rex...but we also have Fred who has put up good numbers every game and can come through in a clutch situation...most don't realize he is just a freshman. I'm sure McCord will get the boys ready for whatever they need to do defensively. Like I said in the Obion thread...still can't believe you didn't even stop to say hi...stuck up /tongue.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":P" border="0" alt="tongue.gif" /> /laugh.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":lol:" border="0" alt="laugh.gif" />

Yeah we have CJ and Rex...but we also have Fred who has put up good numbers every game and can come through in a clutch situation...most don't realize he is just a freshman. I'm sure McCord will get the boys ready for whatever they need to do defensively. Like I said in the Obion thread...still can't believe you didn't even stop to say hi...stuck up /tongue.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":P" border="0" alt="tongue.gif" /> /laugh.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":lol:" border="0" alt="laugh.gif" />

To be honest I was looking across the way for you.....I was sitting right across the OC bench down low...I got caught up watching the lady in the DC crowd yelling "plow boys" at the OC student section... /roflolk.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":roflolk:" border="0" alt="roflolk.gif" />

McCord is a good coach..I was impressed with the way DC came out for the second half and the adjustments he made...

Yeah the freshman is going to be a name people hear about around here for awhile...He's a good one...

To be honest I was looking across the way for you.....I was sitting right across the OC bench down low...I got caught up watching the lady in the DC crowd yelling "plow boys" at the OC student section... /roflolk.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":roflolk:" border="0" alt="roflolk.gif" />

McCord is a good coach..I was impressed with the way DC came out for the second half and the adjustments he made...

Yeah the freshman is going to be a name people hear about around here for awhile...He's a good one...

Well then I stood straight up from you against the rail up top some of the 4th.....was talking to mrbigster and lcfan007....also met Nick Gilliam's dad real quick. She might have been the same lady that BTW's coach flipped off one night /laugh.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":lol:" border="0" alt="laugh.gif" /> Maybe we'll meet up at the game at OC. McCord is a good coach...right about that.