Dyersburg Trojans

mrbigster

Hey all...Long time no post....I have heard several rumors about who the new coach might be. I do know that the McKemzie coach is high on the list. I have also heard that a particular coach out of Memphis has been interviewed twice. Whoever it is that the admin. chooses, I hope they take their time and choose well. I know one thing for sure. This group of boys are dang tired of the instability and wishy washly attitude toward their team. I have heard more times than several that they just want someone to dedicate the same way they do. They are a good group of kids and stand the chance to go far this year. I also hope that whoever is chosen will be given the chance to bring what he's got to the table without judgement and ridicule before he is ever given the chance. Good Luck to him whoever he is.

• Replies 98
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Who is the coach out of Memphis?...

Not sure if it is true and could very possibly be a rumor but...the coach from White Station HS. Like I said could simply be a rumor. When the boys got home this afternoon, I questioned them. They said they had been told nothing and that no coach has been in there to watch them during prac. I guess we will see.

I think that ALL THAT BIG MONEY that supposedly was paid to COACH Counce and Counce jr. was like a lot of other things that people hear...EXAGGERATED....Who knows what they were paid?...Only the administration and them...Who knows who we land?...One thing HE BETTER BE A DISCIPLINARIAN...That is one thing from Coach Counce that has RUBBED off on the Dyerburg bunch...Gotta be STRONG in the discipline department...

I happen to know what James Counce Sr. was paid to coach at Dyersburg last season. It is a surprisingly low number. There are other coaches in 7 3-A making more, I can assure you. I have had time to recover from the shock of the two men's leaving, and I am like the other Dyersburg supports on here--we have to move on and quickly and also, discipline will always be the key at Dyersburg. It takes so long to build and such a short time for the building to tumble. I don't know who the new coach will be, but I know this: it has to be someone the players will run through a wall for.

Not sure if it is true and could very possibly be a rumor but...the coach from White Station HS. Like I said could simply be a rumor. When the boys got home this afternoon, I questioned them. They said they had been told nothing and that no coach has been in there to watch them during prac. I guess we will see.

well the word in the lions cage is that Mckenzie's HC is the top contender for the job...and a few people from there said the same thing..so..who knows what will happen..he would be a good choice...but good luck Dyersburg! I know we never get to face off, so i dont mind wishing you best of luck..LOL!

Mom...I think you mean WHITE HOUSE...A school North of Nashville...Randy Newsome coached there..Could be wrong but I haven't heard anything about White Station?...I have heard about the coach from White House though...

Mom...I think you mean WHITE HOUSE...A school North of Nashville...Randy Newsome coached there..Could be wrong but I haven't heard anything about White Station?...I have heard about the coach from White House though...

That is probably the case then. I kinda thought it funny when I was told that. I think the boys are hoping for the coach from McKenzie. They are a little nervous about the spread though. LOL...I think they have already scoped out his technique.

Now Us In Mckenzie Are Not Wanting You To Get Our Coach. But Rest Assured You Will Love Him. And He's Not A Political Guy Either. You Have To Earn Your Position. And If You Don't Practice you Don't Play. And What He Says Is Law. Now He's Sort of A Short Guy About 40ish And Big In Stature. Discipline Is Foremost. Your Players Actions Around Town Better Be On The Up And Up As Well. He Carries A No BS Policy. If Your A Craphead Your Not On His Team. So Your Kids Better Start Reading Thier Bibles And Taking Thier Vitamins And Getting Thier Minds Set On Being A Class Act On And Off The Field. The Players That Have Played For Him Play Full Tilt. They'd All Charge heck For Him With A Bucket Of Ice Water And Not Ask Why. And He Will Be Sorely Missed Here. But He Has Aspirations Of Bigger And Better Things. And Our School, Community And Our Football Program Is Better Because Of Him. If You Get Him, Congratulations, If You Don't like Him We'll Take Him Back Instantly.

Heard a few tidbits today at the pep rally. And the boys are talking about a few things they have heard as well. Hope we have an answer by Monday. No names were mentioned today, just things that they have heard that their "new coach" has been involved in in the past. All good stuff...

what kind of tings have they heard?... is the Mckenzie Coach headed to dyersburg?