Fairview HC Resigns!

fviewallday

• Replies 146
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Whats up with the Principal and the Middle School football coach? Is he somehow connected to him or what? Doesnt he realize (the principal) that in all likelyhood he just fired himself?

Cobra, surely you are not reading that bitter rant as if it is an objective news story. Notice there was no mention of assault and profanity offenses that had to be dealt with on the team. Trust me - that must have been written by the coach's Mom.

There is also no mention of the Middle school coaches at East Hickman and Fairview being buddies with the AD at Nashville Christian either and attempting a coup with any 8th grade football players moving to Nashville Christian, but that happened too.

Ease off babe......or it will all blow up real good!

I would say before this is over outgoing TSSAA leader Ronnie Carter will have another Brentwood Academy type incident to deal with along with some Melrose coaching type suspensions.......

There is also no mention of the Middle school coaches at East Hickman and Fairview being buddies with the AD at Nashville Christian either and attempting a coup with any 8th grade football players moving to Nashville Christian, but that happened too.

I would say before this is over outgoing TSSAA leader Ronnie Carter will have another Brentwood Academy type incident to deal with along with some Melrose coaching type suspensions.......

All this over frickin middle school coaches? youve got to be kidding me. What an embarassment. Good luck to these 2 programs finding high quality high school coaches. Sounds like a snake pit.

Oh, I get it now. Your the coach's Daddy. I was wondering how someone could be so naive. You were just acting.

I don't know anything about the Middle school coaches and Nashville Christian. I suspect you don't really know either. I do know about the assault and profanity on the high school team. I am glad that you didn't try to defend that.

For that matter, I bet you don't know too many details about Ronnie Carter and Brentwood Academy. You don't come across as much of a "fact man". You just know you love your son, right?

Oh, I get it now. Your the coach's Daddy. I was wondering how someone could be so naive. You were just acting.

I don't know anything about the Middle school coaches and Nashville Christian. I suspect you don't really know either. I do know about the assault and profanity on the high school team. I am glad that you didn't try to defend that.

For that matter, I bet you don't know too many details about Ronnie Carter and Brentwood Academy. You don't come across as much of a "fact man". You just know you love your son, right?

If the coach had really done those things, he would have been fired then. Sounds like you have an axe to grind. Way to pile on after the game is already over...

If the coach had really done those things, he would have been fired then. Sounds like you have an axe to grind. Way to pile on after the game is already over...

I would say the game is not quite over just yet. Word is out amongst those that matter and names are being blackballed as we speak. The coaching community is tightly knit........and as you will see, the softball buddies will have a harder and harder time being taken seriously as this plays out.

I am sorry this blog has deteriorated to this point. Fairview deserves better than the blogs regarding the issues of last year. If we recall, the person behind the problems has had some problems of his own recently. These problems have been far more serious than the allegations regarding Coach Whitefield.

The issues brought up in this blog were investigated by the county, the county sports director, and the local police. Williamson County is not the type of school system which will tolerate the type of behavior alledged. The principal also would not keep the coach on if this behavior was substantiated. So a prudent determination could be made these allegations were without merit.

The issue we have is related to the current high school coach resigning. Based on the information available in the paper no one is happy with the chain of events.

I wish coach Whitefield the best of luck. He did a tremendous job stepping into the program. Last years team had a very tough schedule. Despite all that has occurred I hope Fairview can land a good coach. If we are even luckier coach Whitefield will be back on the field as an assistant coach. His defense this year was aggressive smart and hard hitting.

One final comment. This years group of seniors are a class act. The went to class, practiced hard, and stayed focused on the games. Next years seniors will have big shoes to fill but I believe they can meet the challenge.

Go jackets.

Jacketfan you have made many valid points. The Jackets showed much improvement this year and the team gave it their all. The seniors displayed amazing leadership and next year's seniors will have to do the same. They must take this team and carry it on their shoulders no matter who the coach is just like the seniors this year did. Coach Whitefield is a great coach and if he is not back at Fairview, I'm sure he will land on his feet and be a great head coach or coordinator. The messages which take shots at current coaches or applicants for the job will only cause division in the community and questions for the team. You don't have to tear others down to build yourself up.

Good luck to the Jackets and all high school teams that are looking to replace their head coaches this year.