Volunteer's New Coach

takeittothehole

Sometimes games like last night are going to happen when you are trying to rebuild and you play a good opponent....put that one aside and go on...

I guess your'e right, I just got my hopes up for a good finish for rest of season after lasts weeks games and was a little shell shocked. Especially for the seniors, when they have worked so hard for so long. Hope these type games are far and few between.

• Replies 19
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Sometimes games like last night are going to happen when you are trying to rebuild and you play a good opponent....put that one aside and go on...

You're exactly right. These girls had a hard schedule last week with playing Science Hill on Wednesday and only losing by four points and was bascially a two point game all the way through and at the end of the game had to foul to try and get the ball back and Good hit her foul shots. Friday night played a tough (very physical) game against Crockett (4th in conferene) and won, and then played South on Saturday night which went into double overtime. Most of the starters never even come out of the games on those three nights and then back to practice on Monday. We forget that they also have school work and jobs too and these gals were playing exhausted to say the least and these things happen.

• 2 weeks later...

The Greeneville win was huge for the program's confidence. A win in the first round of the District would also be nice.

On another thread I said girls were wanting to win 10 games this year and I predicted a couple of upsets. Looks like both were were achieved! Great job girls!! I also posted seniors need to set pace for future which they have done. This season with the 4 seniors playing was a tribute to coach Anderson. Next year the rebuilding starts and hopefully the can win attitude and commitment they have shown will be carried forward by underclassmen. It will be hard to replace these 4 girls 3 which have been starting and playing together for so long. Looks like the program is on the right track at high school level, need to start on feeder system NOW!!! Go Falcons!!

Coach Anderson was a good basketball coach who had a little bad luck with injuries and transfers last year but left a good foundation for Coach Myers to work with and he has rose to the occasion with another big win Thurs. against a tough Central team. Districts should be fun to see what happens now that Volunteer has a little confidence in their corner...

On another thread I said girls were wanting to win 10 games this year and I predicted a couple of upsets. Looks like both were were achieved! Great job girls!! I also posted seniors need to set pace for future which they have done. This season with the 4 seniors playing was a tribute to coach Anderson. Next year the rebuilding starts and hopefully the can win attitude and commitment they have shown will be carried forward by underclassmen. It will be hard to replace these 4 girls 3 which have been starting and playing together for so long. Looks like the program is on the right track at high school level, need to start on feeder system NOW!!! Go Falcons!!

You are exactly right about the feeder systems! I know that surgionsville, and church hill will not have great players year in and year out, BUT they can atleast know what in the heck they are doing! For example...setting screens properly, shooting with proper technique, BOXING out, etc. Shoot, the middle school teams don't even have to win...JUST learn to play the game properly. It is way past due for the girls programs to get started. not just every other year when a good player comes along! Quit making excuses and get it done. look at what rogersville city schools has accomplished with thier feeder systems. good looking group coming up in the next couple of years!

You are exactly right about the feeder systems! I know that surgionsville, and church hill will not have great players year in and year out, BUT they can atleast know what in the heck they are doing! For example...setting screens properly, shooting with proper technique, BOXING out, etc. Shoot, the middle school teams don't even have to win...JUST learn to play the game properly. It is way past due for the girls programs to get started. not just every other year when a good player comes along! Quit making excuses and get it done. look at what rogersville city schools has accomplished with thier feeder systems. good looking group coming up in the next couple of years!

I guess no one wants to admit there has been a problem with making contact with the middle school coaches to trying to make a valiant effort to impose the feeder programs into volunteer. i dont want to hear any excuses. has anybody on here heard of rick insell? Shelbyville's coach that won twelve state chmps. he started a program from the ele., middle, rec league, and then on into high school. once the girls got to high school, he didnt have to teach basic offense, defense to them...they already knew them! everyone cooperated. he is now the girls coach at mtsu. if no one tries to do this...it is pure laziness and afraid of true success.