Inter-Mountain Athletic Conference (IMAC)

statman3

IMAC  

39 members have voted

1. 1. IMAC

I feel the love mwtfan and I feel your pain.

Nothing says IMAC this year like another crazy frog joke.

What do you call a frog with no legs? ANSWER: Doesn??™t matter, it can??™t come anyway.

Simple answer after it??™s spoken which brings me to my first pick.

East at Cocke County

The sputtering Lady Red hosts the league leading Lady Canes along the Forks of the River. What seems to most a no-brainer or (no need to call a frog with no legs), is a not so fast to Lance and company. When you have to pitchers like Ball and Wyrick, you can compete in girl??™s softball. When you can hold Morristown West to 3 runs on any day, then you have my attention. East coming off an emotional victory over cross town rival and sitting alone top the leader board is POISED FOR THE UPSET. Beware my Lady Canes for the Lady Red has the tools to give you a run and even get the victory. They have punch in their lineup that can put runs on the board. The more I think about it, the more I like the Lady Red in an another Lance upset prognostication. But then ??“ don??™t think about it, because the frog with no legs can??™t come anyway. Lance??™s Loser: Cocke County

IMAC game of the day

West at Jefferson or at West depending upon field conditions

I know mwtfan ??“ you are worried about your Lady Trojans as well you should be. You played bad, but led big early. Put up 8 runs vs. cross town rival ??“ and lost. It??™s a little sputter for the Trojans and tonight is all about horse power. Lady Trojans come in hitting on about 7 cylinders but still torquing out about a team .270 horsepower. Lady Pats have played better as of late but certainly can??™t match the Trojan offensive juggernaught. I guess the big question is Leon. She has developed that Gilbert mentality of ??“ just give me the dang ball (I love that).

When your pitcher has a warrior mentality ??“ I like your team??™s chances to find a way to compete. Nelson and the rest are capable of providing enough run support, but in a battle of horsepower ??“ the Trojan war machine is too much for little Leon. Pats playing better - prove me wrong ladies, but for me ??“ Lance??™s Loser: Jefferson

OK so whats the story today from last nights games? any predictionsfor the future? I am all ears eager and waiting...

• Replies 118
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yea Lance!

Special request here for your take on the Eastman tournament this weekend. Time to expand your coverage a little.

After shaky start Lady Pats win 5-4 in ten innings. Lady Huricanes derail Cocke County 13-3. IMAC just got more interesting. East sittin on top looking pretty, Cherokee, JCHS, and WEST will battle it out for positions 2, 3, and 4. Cocke and Greeneville stilll got somethin say about it. Same ol" IMAC different year. What's interesting about the IMAC this year is how the battle lines are being drawn. East's pitching surging as of late, but hitting and D is what they rely on for their wins. Chief's "Great Hunter" is still throwing the smoke signals, but when you're young in the IMAC you learn the hard way. You can't win just scoring one or two in the IMAC.(just ask my Lady Pats) West's pitching while good does not have the (umph!) it has had in the past, but sticks make up for it. Typical JCHS, pitching among the best in IMAC, but can't seem to get it together until mid-season. As usual look out for them in the post-season. Greeneville getting better every year, but always a step behind ( I expected Jo-Jo would make a bigger impact than she has). Put them in any other local conferance and they compete for the championship. Cocke County has got great tools, but when you got a hammer and only two nails you can't build a building. May have two of the better players in the IMAC, but it takes nine to win here.

Yea Lance!

Special request here for your take on the Eastman tournament this weekend. Time to expand your coverage a little.

I'll give the brackets a gander as far as IMAC opponents and we will see. Not much time between now and games, so I think it is difficult.

I'll give the brackets a gander as far as IMAC opponents and we will see. Not much time between now and games, so I think it is difficult.

Here goes my prognostications for Eastman IMAC success.

Cherokee cruises though pool 6 until they meet Gate City. Pool 6 winner Gate City

Greeneville goes 2-2 in pool losing to CAK and Science Hill. Pool 4 winner Science Hill

Morristown East brutalizes Pool 7. Pool 7 winner East

Cocke County 3-1 in pool play losing to Unicoi. Pool 3 winner Unicoi

D-B takes Pool 1

Hendersonville wins Pool 2

Knox Central wins Pool 5

Coeburn sqeaks out a win against Volunteer to take Pool 8

Going out on a limb to say championship between Unicoi and M'town East

IMAC finishes with several teams in the top 8 again, but...............

Unfortunately, East takes first loss of the season. WINNER UNICOI!

You guys will have to tell me how I did as me and my Lady Pats will at Soddy Daisy!

Here goes my prognostications for Eastman IMAC success.

Cherokee cruises though pool 6 until they meet Gate City. Pool 6 winner Gate City

Greeneville goes 2-2 in pool losing to CAK and Science Hill. Pool 4 winner Science Hill

Morristown East brutalizes Pool 7. Pool 7 winner East

Cocke County 3-1 in pool play losing to Unicoi. Pool 3 winner Unicoi

D-B takes Pool 1

Hendersonville wins Pool 2

Knox Central wins Pool 5

Coeburn sqeaks out a win against Volunteer to take Pool 8

Going out on a limb to say championship between Unicoi and M'town East

IMAC finishes with several teams in the top 8 again, but...............

Unfortunately, East takes first loss of the season. WINNER UNICOI!

You guys will have to tell me how I did as me and my Lady Pats will at Soddy Daisy!

East Lady Canes finished the night last night with a 12-0 and 11-0 win in five short innings. Play time today 130 430 and 730. Hope you prediction is wrong and the Lady Canes bring it home. Exciteing Here we go.

East Lady Canes finished the night last night with a 12-0 and 11-0 win in five short innings. Play time today 130 430 and 730. Hope you prediction is wrong and the Lady Canes bring it home. Exciteing Here we go.

I hope I'm wrong as well. After my Lady Pats, IMAC reigns supreme in my heart. East should cruise until they meet the Blue Devils, but if you have seen Unicoi this year they are amazing. Outscoring their opponants 112 to 4, including victories over Cherokee 6-1 and twice over Volunteer(a perinial powerhouse which has beat Science Hill 2 times this year) 10-0 and 2-0. Other wins include 13-0 whippin against West Greene and a win over Elizabethton 3-1. It will take an exceptional pitching performance from Mrs. Wilmouth and show the ability to score against a team that has given up only 4 runs in 14 games. That makes this potential game a tall order for anybody, but if anyone can do it, it will the Lady Canes.

Lady Chief's play strong defense and leverage the effort into a #1 seed for bracket play. That prooved to be material as they were able to get favorable matchups in bracket play. Key moment of the weekend for the lady chiefs was a saturday morning "ACT" game where the lady chiefs minus 4 starters and behind freshman pitcher Lindsee Price stepped up and delivered a 5 to 0 shutout of Gate City preserving the #1 seeding.

After the first round of Sunday bracket play, the final four shaped up to be an IMAC/Watauga Conference showdown. East and Unicoi met in the semi-finals where Unicoi plated a couple of late runs to squeek out a 3 to 2 win. Cherokee and Elizabethton went into extra innings AGAIN with the lady chiefs getting a clutch hit from Abby Hughes AGAIN to take the 1 to 0 8 inning victory.

Championship game was incredible. Lady Chiefs and Lady Devils are scoreless into the 10th when Unicoi plated the international tie break runner. This was the first run of the tournament allowed by Cherokee. Lady Chiefs respond by plating their ITB in bottom of 10. Same thing occured in 11th before Unicoi scored 2 in the top of the 12th and lady chiefs could not answer. Some intense softball action in the extra innings. Multiple great individual defensive efforts. Several double plays to get out of jams. Some invaluable experience in big game pressure situations for the lady chief youth. Will be looking for that to come back and pay dividends later in the season.

Oh.....and the weather was perfect!

Congratulations to the lady devils from Unicoi on their championship, butnot going to shed any tears over this one....it was a great effort.

Lady Chief's play strong defense and leverage the effort into a #1 seed for bracket play. That prooved to be material as they were able to get favorable matchups in bracket play. Key moment of the weekend for the lady chiefs was a saturday morning "ACT" game where the lady chiefs minus 4 starters and behind freshman pitcher Lindsee Price stepped up and delivered a 5 to 0 shutout of Gate City preserving the #1 seeding.

After the first round of Sunday bracket play, the final four shaped up to be an IMAC/Watauga Conference showdown. East and Unicoi met in the semi-finals where Unicoi plated a couple of late runs to squeek out a 3 to 2 win. Cherokee and Elizabethton went into extra innings AGAIN with the lady chiefs getting a clutch hit from Abby Hughes AGAIN to take the 1 to 0 8 inning victory.

Championship game was incredible. Lady Chiefs and Lady Devils are scoreless into the 10th when Unicoi plated the international tie break runner. This was the first run of the tournament allowed by Cherokee. Lady Chiefs respond by plating their ITB in bottom of 10. Same thing occured in 11th before Unicoi scored 2 in the top of the 12th and lady chiefs could not answer. Some intense softball action in the extra innings. Multiple great individual defensive efforts. Several double plays to get out of jams. Some invaluable experience in big game pressure situations for the lady chief youth. Will be looking for that to come back and pay dividends later in the season.

Oh.....and the weather was perfect!

Congratulations to the lady devils from Unicoi on their championship, butnot going to shed any tears over this one....it was a great effort.

Sounds like a great tourney this year. Prognosticater must be broken, although I didn't miss it to bad (Unicoi got to East one round to early). Amazed that Cherokee was able to beat Gate City with the four elders of the tribe absent from the pow wow. Gate City is usually tough, guess IMAC is tougher! Unicoi, East, Elizabethton, and Cherokee now that's a final four. Great job IMACians. And as always congradulations to UNICOI. I got people I consider family from Flagpond by the way.

Sounds like a great tourney this year. Prognosticater must be broken, although I didn't miss it to bad (Unicoi got to East one round to early). Amazed that Cherokee was able to beat Gate City with the four elders of the tribe absent from the pow wow. Gate City is usually tough, guess IMAC is tougher! Unicoi, East, Elizabethton, and Cherokee now that's a final four. Great job IMACians. And as always congradulations to UNICOI. I got people I consider family from Flagpond by the way.

Well all I am looking forward to hearing what you have to say about this week. East will play Jefferson County tomorrow I'm all ears whats the predictions? Also East has 4 games next week as well as Cherokee and West and Sullivan East and Unaka in one week. SO my predictions will be that they go undefeated (I sure hope). It will be a great week and all you Hurricane fans come out and support SENIOR night Monday night.

SO now for those predictions I am waiting.......

I don??™t know ??“ let??™s say we begin with a crazy frog joke.

Two frogs were crossing the street. First frog says: ???hey look out??? ??“ ???CAR!??? (SQUASH). Second frog says: ???What car???? (SQUASH).

Moral to the story ??“ not a good day to be on the road which brings me to today??™s IMAC matchups.

East at Jefferson (toughy).

Lady Canes coming off a strong showing at Eastman, travel to the valley to take on the ever-so dangerous Lady Patriots. Look out lady canes: ???CAR!???.

Jefferson hasn??™t beaten East since 2006 and while they have been spasmodic this year, they are undefeated at Carson Newman. The Red, White, and Blue are looking to return to former glory in the upper tier of the IMAC; however, their Patriot defense system doesn??™t come equipped with a JETT.

Lady Canes are little banged up and certainly ripe for the picking ??“ however, since we aint thumping melons today, nor playing at Carson Newman. Lance??™s Loser: Jefferson

Cherokee at Morristown West (IMAC game of the day).

I like my frog analogy, but I??™m not sure if Chiefs are on the road or not. The wheels have fallen off the Maroon Warrior??™s wagon. I haven??™t smelled this much funk in Morristown since I visited the chicken processing plant located in the middle of town. The Chiefs are on the other extreme with a close defeat in Eastman Championship. Gilbert ??“ YOU ARE ONE CRAZY CHIC. Trojan bats are capable ???CAR!???. Beware of Trojans and Patriots as District approaches, but today it??™s ???Crazy Marble Chic???. Lance??™s Loser: Morristown West

I don??™t know ??“ let??™s say we begin with a crazy frog joke.

Two frogs were crossing the street. First frog says: ???hey look out??? ??“ ???CAR!??? (SQUASH). Second frog says: ???What car???? (SQUASH).

Moral to the story ??“ not a good day to be on the road which brings me to today??™s IMAC matchups.

East at Jefferson (toughy).

Lady Canes coming off a strong showing at Eastman, travel to the valley to take on the ever-so dangerous Lady Patriots. Look out lady canes: ???CAR!???.

Jefferson hasn??™t beaten East since 2006 and while they have been spasmodic this year, they are undefeated at Carson Newman. The Red, White, and Blue are looking to return to former glory in the upper tier of the IMAC; however, their Patriot defense system doesn??™t come equipped with a JETT.

Lady Canes are little banged up and certainly ripe for the picking ??“ however, since we aint thumping melons today, nor playing at Carson Newman. Lance??™s Loser: Jefferson

Cherokee at Morristown West (IMAC game of the day).

I like my frog analogy, but I??™m not sure if Chiefs are on the road or not. The wheels have fallen off the Maroon Warrior??™s wagon. I haven??™t smelled this much funk in Morristown since I visited the chicken processing plant located in the middle of town. The Chiefs are on the other extreme with a close defeat in Eastman Championship. Gilbert ??“ YOU ARE ONE CRAZY CHIC. Trojan bats are capable ???CAR!???. Beware of Trojans and Patriots as District approaches, but today it??™s ???Crazy Marble Chic???. Lance??™s Loser: Morristown West

Well the Lady Canes win again YEAH 9-0