Inter-Mountain Athletic Conference (IMAC)

statman3

IMAC  

39 members have voted

1. 1. IMAC

District tournament starting to take shape now:

East locks up top seed with their win tonight. (Up one in the loss column with only one to play and they hold the tie break over Cherokee.)

West locks in the 4 seed with the loss to Jeff tonight. (Up one in the loss column with one to play and they hold the tiebreak over Greeneville.)

So that places East and West on the same side of the bracket and sets up a potential rubber match on West's home field.

Jeff and Cherokee will be on the other side of the bracket in the 2 and 3 seed. Only problem is we don't know which will be the 2 seed and get the ever-important first round bye. Cherokee holds the 1 game lead in the loss column but with a Lady Chief/Lady Pat showdown coming next Monday at the lady chief's place....only time will tell.

First round bye could be critical because as Lance has stated many times.....Cocke County and Greeneville are capable and chomping at the bit to break into the IMAC elite, and ruining someone's season in the opening round elimination game could do just that.

Lance,

Surely with all this drama shaping up, you can't leave us now.

• Replies 118
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Maybe a little rest Statman. My brain is overheating. East wins first seed and is rewarded by playing West at West - (if Trojans survive the first round).

I'll ponder statman.

Wow Cocke County beats West that must be in the record book. I dont know that I can recall a time that has happend in like forever.... Anybody know when that happened before??

Lots going on this weekend seems all Imac teams are looking to stay competative and play not to get rusty for the district play. I can twait to heat the predictions...I am all ears.

Senior night for the Lady Canes is Tuesday it will be a very sad day to see these 6 girls moving on. Catch them in action on their college fields:

Halie Vannoy Volleyball MTSU

Felicia Bailey Roane State softball

Ashley Tharp Carson Newman Softball

Anna Canter Carson Newman

Haley Ellis I cant recall at the moment it has left me. She is going to a 4 year but I dont remember where

Suzaane Everhart _ dont know

Excellent I do say Excellent. Great leaders and amazing young ladies for our future.

Probably 2004...

Cocke County had a solid year that year, sort of ended a run of decent teams that Larry Williams fielded.

Tonight is Senior night for East High Lady Canes 6 Seniors will grace their homefield for the last time. Come out and support them.

Looking forward to the district play....See you all there

I hope we can enjoy district tourney as rain threatens, but regardless - one final frog joke is in order.

I call this Kermit Jagger (Mic's frog)

A frog goes into a bank and approaches the teller. He can see from her nameplate that the teller's name is Patricia Whack (Patti).

So he says, 'Ms Whack, I'd like to get a loan to buy equipment and start a new softball program.

Patti looks at the frog in disbelief and asks how much he wants to borrow for which the frog responds - $20,000.

The teller asks his name and the frog says his name is Kermit Jagger and that it's OK, he knows the bank manager.

Patti explains that $20,000 is a substantial amount of money and that he will need some collateral to secure the loan. She asks if he has anything that he can use as collateral.

The frog says, `Sure, I have this,' and produces a tiny pink porcelain elephant, about 2 cm tall, bright pink and perfectly formed.

Very confused, Patti explains that she'll have to consult the manager and disappears into a back office.

She finds the manager and says, `There's a frog called Kermit Jagger out there who claims to know you and wants to borrow $20,000. And he wants to use this knick-knack elephant as collateral.'

She holds up the tiny pink elephant and says, 'I mean, what the heck is this?'

So the manager looks back at her and says, `It's a knick-knack Patti Whack. Give the frog a loan. His old man's a Rolling Stone.'

Go CANES!

I hope we can enjoy district tourney as rain threatens, but regardless - one final frog joke is in order.

A frog goes into a bank and approaches the teller. He can see from her nameplate that the teller's name is Patricia Whack (Patti).

So he says, 'Ms Whack, I'd like to get a loan to buy equipment and start a new softball program.

Patti looks at the frog in disbelief and asks how much he wants to borrow for which the frog responds - $20,000.

The teller asks his name and the frog says his name is Kermit Jagger and that it's OK, he knows the bank manager.

Patti explains that $20,000 is a substantial amount of money and that he will need some collateral to secure the loan. She asks if he has anything that he can use as collateral.

The frog says, `Sure, I have this,' and produces a tiny pink porcelain elephant, about 2 cm tall, bright pink and perfectly formed.

Very confused, Patti explains that she'll have to consult the manager and disappears into a back office.

She finds the manager and says, `There's a frog called Kermit Jagger out there who claims to know you and wants to borrow $20,000. And he wants to use this knick-knack elephant as collateral.'

So the manager looks back at her and says, `It's a knick-knack Patti Whack. Give the frog a loan. His old man's a Rolling Stone.'

Go CANES!

HAHHAHAHHAHAHA I laughed till my sides hurt. That is great I needed that today on this dreary rainy east west day. Thank you very much. I will surely miss this. Good luck to all tonight I hope the Canes come out on top... Have a great day all and I look forward to any predictions.....

Go CANES!

groooaaan!

I think we'll play (that is if it stops raining - for 2 hours now radar shows nothing, yet it's still raining).

Helicopters have been seen hovering over JC Wild Softbll Park all morning.

groooaaan!

I think we'll play (that is if it stops raining - for 2 hours now radar shows nothing, yet it's still raining).

Helicopters have been seen hovering over JC Wild Softbll Park all morning.

I hope the groan wasn't at my final crazy frog joke of the year.

But alas poor Urick, those are not helicopters hovering, but rather the witness of strong circular clouds - some might even mistake for a tornado, but then you realize that your storm break is really the eye of the storm and the circular motion and high wind is the back end of a hurricane.

Just when you think that you withered the wind, a high velocity storm surge destroys that which remaines.

Great year IMAC. This conference has a great chance to make Spring Fling again. I say, let's send two.

IMAC TOURNEY (I usually don??™t predict after District Tourney starts, but this is probably my last year and since I have been unmasked, I may be running short of super power) but here goes:

Cherokee ??“ Jefferson

Whitney Gilbert vs Whitney Leon ??“ This one could go 12 innings with no one scoring and then I say, let those two arm wrestle for it. The Red, White, and Blue continue to surprise the amazing Lance and certainly a victory tonight would do it as well. Chief Gilbert will rally the tribe for one last assault on Spring Fling and getting out of the District may be the toughest battle between here and there. When you think of Whitney, you think of ???Marbles Gilbert???, but two great years from sophomore sensation Whitney Leon is evident that she wants the baton passed to her. But since this isn??™t the 800 relay, don??™t look for it to pass tonight. Lady Pats have surprised me all year and Cherokee finds scoring runs extremely difficult. A Lady Pat win wouldn??™t be shocking, but neither is it probable. Lance??™s Loser: Jefferson

East ??“ West

Talk softly and carry a big stick and both of these got plenty of that. No smack talking tonight and both poised to put up large quantities of runs. Trojans have sputtered all season and though you are not sure what you are going to get on any given night, they have played well as of late and of course a big victory over talented Unicoi. East comes staggering in the tournament with a measly record of 24-3. They maybe stumped their toe last week, but after the profanity flies and you get the lights turned on, you are ready to break something ??“ tonight it will be break out. I look for high scoring affair and although, West a little advantage as they utilize more speed and play smaller ball, East has more power and potential to fly it out of the park. I love this pitching matchup as well. Watson one of my all time favorites and the ever steady Rachael Wilmoth. They two girls just go out and find a way. Both will need some help from the girls behind them. Lance??™s Loser: West