Inter-Mountain Athletic Conference (IMAC)

statman3

IMAC  

39 members have voted

1. 1. IMAC

Waddya mean this is final, your daughter graduates and you just leave us here? You gotta have something to do, don't you?

I will always be checking on this site. I have at least 4 more years of ladies I love and have watched grow. I am of course Sylvia and Ashley is my daughter LANCE..

I have loved every moment of the softball family and life. Yes we are moving on but will still be around at the ball games to cheer on our favorite girls.

Good luck tonight to both teams. Although I will say as I had scheduled Ashley a surprise 18th birthday party for Friday at the park and now we are playing I hope we are sharing Surprise birthday cake with West on Friday. Stop by and have cake with Ashley and say Happy Birthday.

Go LAdy Canes

• Replies 118
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

mwtfan - statman

I've been reading the thread "TSSAA member pleading ignorance". They are letting Reed have it on there regarding the controversy of your game.

I knew the rule was pick up where you leave off and I certainly wouldn't want to be taking the field unless I had full understanding of the rule.

However, it is rumored that both coaches were told that if they didn't get 2 innings in, the game would restart. What is your understanding of what both coaches new before the start and how the game ultimately had to be played from where it left off?

Did Cherokee play under protest or have they since protested - or chalking this up to lesson learned?

Either way - tough way to be eliminated. All Lance can say is WOW.

This situation is even more amazing than me.

mwtfan - statman

I've been reading the thread "TSSAA member pleading ignorance". They are letting Reed have it on there regarding the controversy of your game.

I knew the rule was pick up where you leave off and I certainly wouldn't want to be taking the field unless I had full understanding of the rule.

However, it is rumored that both coaches were told that if they didn't get 2 innings in, the game would restart. What is your understanding of what both coaches new before the start and how the game ultimately had to be played from where it left off?

Did Cherokee play under protest or have they since protested - or chalking this up to lesson learned?

I think the rumor is probably pretty accurate for the most part - at least as to what they were told - not sure about the 2 innings part - now as to what they knew, who knows, but i don't think either coach knew the rule or realized that they couldn't negotiate the rule

mwtfan - statman

No protest that I'm aware of and personally don't think it is merited.

Coaches certainly should have known the rule and maybe they did. They were apparently informed diffferently at game time. The influence of the tournament director and TSSAA authority on such a decision by a coach at game time is the debatable part here. Written rule versus verbal instruction?

In the end, I think the only action that could have been reasonably expected from the Cherokee coach to avoid this situation (given the efforts being made to play that night) would have been to refuse to take the field based on safety of the players. Regardless of what you may hear, you would have had to see warmups in the outfield and the impending skies to understand fully what a poor decision it was. That storm didn't just drop in on the field, it had been doing it all day in all directions. Everyone else in East TN seemed to be able to understand that.

Either way, it was a very good game on Thursday and I congratulate the PLAYERS of Morristown West on making it to the regionals and expecially McKinney who got the big hit when she had to to score the game winner.

We will take Sylvia's advice from the other thread and focus on what's in front of us....not what's behind us.

Statman - what's fun about that. How can we sell tickets without controversy. It's like the whole Kobe Bryant / Artest incident. We got to push up the ratings.

I kow what you mean. No since crying over spilt milk.

I wish I could offer some words of wisdom, but I think I'm about out. However, in taking about RULES - I could come up with one last frog joke.

Frogs went to college to play softball where the Rules Board of Director made the following presentation. To be eligible, we only have one rule here he says. All boy frogs will stay away from girl frogs dormatory and all girl frogs will stay away from boy frogs dormatory.

The first time you get caught is a $20 penalty and slap on the hand - a second infraction will cost you $60 and you cannot start the following game - and third occurrence will cost you $180 and one game suspension. Any questions?

After a few minutes, one of the frogs asked - How much is a season pass?

Moral - it's not so much the intent of the rule but rather how we wish to interpret it.

Not my funniest joke - but hopefully lightens the moment (and sells a few tickets).

Tough loss Lady Chiefs.

Statman - what's fun about that. How can we sell tickets without controversy. It's like the whole Kobe Bryant / Artest incident. We got to push up the ratings.

I kow what you mean. No since crying over spilt milk.

I wish I could offer some words of wisdom, but I think I'm about out. However, in taking about RULES - I could come up with one last frog joke.

Frogs went to college to play softball where the Rules Board of Director made the following presentation. To be eligible, we only have one rule here he says. All boy frogs will stay away from girl frogs dormatory and all girl frogs will stay away from boy frogs dormatory.

The first time you get caught is a $20 penalty and slap on the hand - a second infraction will cost you $60 and you cannot start the following game - and third occurrence will cost you $180 and one game suspension. Any questions?

After a few minutes, one of the frogs asked - How much is a season pass?

Moral - it's not so much the intent of the rule but rather how we wish to interpret it.

Not my funniest joke - but hopefully lightens the moment (and sells a few tickets).

Tough loss Lady Chiefs.

Now that (for me) is a disturbing Frog Joke!

Now that (for me) is a disturbing Frog Joke!

Definetly not your best. Great game tonight Ladies both sides. Courtney Wild I did cheer when you made those awesome plays as well when Nut came up and Gabe I will have to say I didnt cheer when you hit Ashley lol.

Good luck to MORRISTOWN in the regionals. I hope to see some great ball. Thanks to all the girls for sharing Ashleys birthday I love you all..

Lance any predictions for the Regionals???

Congratulations to the Lady Canes on a well-earned District Championship! Let's see if we can meet up again Tuesday night at your place for the Region Championship!

I've got numbers for you - East - West have met 4 times this year and the total difference in runs scored is 1 run. East has scored 1 more than West has.

One more, by my count, over the last 4 years West's record vs. East = 7-7.

How's that for a home-town rivalry?

It's been fun - good luck to all.

I haven??™t smelled this much funk in Morristown since I visited the chicken processing plant located in the middle of town.

Hey Lance,

It just dawned on me. I think we found the source of that stinch you were smelling earlier.

OK...now I'm moving on.

I guess so, with a cute young frog going off to college /smile.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":)" border="0" alt="smile.gif" />

Well Lance any predictions for the future Regionals or State? I would like ot hear them. I dont have to have a frog joke but if you have a better one than last time we will accept.LOL

Good luck all Go Lady Canes