Match Of The Week

cbg

You are right I would have lost the bet. But but but when Ryan did not send Marchetti out BA could have sent someone else to wrestle Bateman. Ryan did send Bateman out first. It is not like BA sent Cash out first and Ryan did not send Marchetti out. Case closed we will see them in Chattagoona maybe. Or did we just see Ryan's new lineup!

You are kidding right?

Why on earth, would the coach hold his 152 back just to wrestle at 160? Cash's weight class is 152, has been all year round and that is what he went out there at. To me, it sounds like you are looking for anything and everything to put on these guys. They are the ones that wrestled their wrestlers straight up. They are not here to prove anything to you, me or anyone else on this board.

Let us remember, FR had first choice in that match, and they decided to send Bateman out. That's fine, his a good wrestler. And FR was doing what they thought was best, giving them the best chance to win the dual.

I would just hope that you and others that have something against Cash, and the coach would now give it a rest. He toed the line when it counted, he did not back down, he was there. You tell me who was not!

• Replies 36
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Did any of you watch the internet feed of the match & hear what was going on like I did down here in Florida City, FL? During the broadcast the statement was made that both BA and Ryan had more than one wrestler make weight @ 152. Father Ryan had to show their hand 1st due to the flip of the coin. Cash stayed back close the BA team bench until Batemen reported to the table and then Coach Rodney Cash sent Justin Cash to the table to wrestle @ 152. Yes, BA could have sent out their other 152 to wrestle Batemen & wrestle Justin Cash @ 160 against Marchetti but they made a team decision to wrestle Cash @ 152. This was the first time that I have been able to see BA wrestle and it looks like they have some strong individuals.

CBG, hope you are having a good evening. Don't know what your colors are, but you do seem to have an issue with who wrestles at which weight class and when at BA. I believe this is your second mention of Clanton and Tuani and who didn't wrestle who and that is why Tuani lost. That was last year, my friend, give it a rest, and give Clanton his due, because you are unwittingly diminishing his win.

Sometimes coaches and wrestlers decide to do what is best for their team and their wrestlers, instead of what some uninformed clown (not talking about you, someone else) wants to have happen. I don't think there are many coaches who have weird agendas or who waste time on these threads.

I'll take a moment to thank Coach Cash, Coach Evans, and Coach Adcock for their tireless efforts with the BA program, and to congratulate Jabaree Tuani, Plebe at the the Naval Academy, who as a 260 lb defensive lineman made the Division 1 Freshman All- American team, giving up on average 35 lbs per opponent all season. He would say that wrestling was quite beneficial. Take care.

Actually, He is not diminishing Clanton's win at all, but merely providing just one example of Cash not letting his athletes wrestle. As he stated, It would've been more beneficial for Tuani in the state tournament to have wrestled Clanton in their dual match earlier in the season.

I also understand that coaches do what is best for their wreslters and team, however since BA didn't win the dual match last year (or this year) and Tuani lost to Clanton in February, did it end up being the best thing for his team or Tuani?? Just curious..

Did any of you watch the internet feed of the match & hear what was going on like I did down here in Florida City, FL? During the broadcast the statement was made that both BA and Ryan had more than one wrestler make weight @ 152. Father Ryan had to show their hand 1st due to the flip of the coin. Cash stayed back close the BA team bench until Batemen reported to the table and then Coach Rodney Cash sent Justin Cash to the table to wrestle @ 152. Yes, BA could have sent out their other 152 to wrestle Batemen & wrestle Justin Cash @ 160 against Marchetti but they made a team decision to wrestle Cash @ 152. This was the first time that I have been able to see BA wrestle and it looks like they have some strong individuals.

Due to the fact that the camera was fixed on the center of the mat the entire time, there is no way to know where Cash was standing prior to Bateman coming out.

And again, why would Cash bump up just to meet some people wanting to see this match up. It's a bit more like chicken-fighting than wrestling if you ask me. BA did what they needed to do, as did FR. Constantly saying that Cash is running, is getting rediculous. FR had first choice, and chose to send out Bateman. Bottom line

Due to the fact that the camera was fixed on the center of the mat the entire time, there is no way to know where Cash was standing prior to Bateman coming out.

And again, why would Cash bump up just to meet some people wanting to see this match up. It's a bit more like chicken-fighting than wrestling if you ask me. BA did what they needed to do, as did FR. Constantly saying that Cash is running, is getting rediculous. FR had first choice, and chose to send out Bateman. Bottom line

The person doing the play by play made the statement that BA had two people make weight @ 152 as did Father Ryan & Marchetti. The statement was also made that Cash was standing near his team bench receiving instruction from Coach Rodney Cash when Batemen reported to the scorers table and walked onto the mat. At that point BA could have sent out the other wrestler that made weight @ 152 and bumped Cash or they could send out Cash to wrestle Batemen. IMO, BA did what they felt was best for their program!

The person doing the play by play made the statement that BA had two people make weight @ 152 as did Father Ryan & Marchetti. The statement was also made that Cash was standing near his team bench receiving instruction from Coach Rodney Cash when Batemen reported to the scorers table and walked onto the mat. At that point BA could have sent out the other wrestler that made weight @ 152 and bumped Cash or they could send out Cash to wrestle Batemen. IMO, BA did what they felt was best for their program!

Standing by his coach receiving instruction, does NOT indicate hiding in the back. Many wrestlers get instructions from their coach prior to a big match

I agree, BA did what was best for their program, as did FR

CBG,again not to beat the already dead horse, but BA only has one wrestler who can go at 152 at this time and that is Justin, the announcer was uninformed. I agree that BA has strong wrestlers, andthat FR is tough across the lineup.

CBG,again not to beat the already dead horse, but BA only has one wrestler who can go at 152 at this time and that is Justin, the announcer was uninformed. I agree that BA has strong wrestlers, andthat FR is tough across the lineup.

Well it's definitely dead since you said the exact same thing in the other thread..

I know, thought I was talking to two different folks on different blogs, see my other one for you , kind sir!

Hey, I wouldn't worry about it. I see nothing wrong with stoming on the horse just to make sure. After all, it'll just be some useful glue if you keep working it long enough