Rebel Flag

MaryvilleRebels

The answer is in a book somewhere. I myself will be looking it up because thats a good question. It would have been much harder to do that I'd think. Its hard to walk down the street and hand pick out the Italians and Germans by based on their appearance. Some of them could speak perfect english too. Japanese were a tad bit easier to single out. Or maybe they only did that to Japanese in anger after them attacking Pearl Harbor. We were at wat with Germans and Italians also but it was less provoked. I guess the only way to find out for sure is look it up. I will be doing so.

• Replies 144
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The Japaneese personally attacked us at killed hundreds upon thousands of innocent men! We had no quarrel with Japan until Pearl Harbor, but they brought it upon themselves to attack us and that attack brought a lot of fear to the hearts of many Americans. The Germans and Italians never did personally attack America and therefore were never considered a huge threat to us. Also the Japaneese were rounded up to protect them! Not because they feared spies but because the American people might consider those Japaneese men, women and children a threat to them and do something rash. Its much harder to spot a German/Italian out of the crowd unless he has a deep German accent and a traditional German name, then people more than likely feared him/her, but Americans did not see or know the fear and the horrible reality of what was going on ovreseas, to Americans there were really only a handful of things that kept reminding them we were at war, until Pearl Harbor and that is what caused the fear for the Japaneese! Also, this issue is not on Southern Rights its about the rights of Maryville High School students and fans!

Yeah the majority of slaves were treated much much better than the average person today has been led to believe. People would be shocked if they learned more about it. It all goes back to what were were saying about history beeing twisted around and parts left out for the losing side of a war. In this case the South. Either way. It was wrong and its all because of that evil flag.f9d. I'm just playing. :D

Guest caligula
Posted by UPSGregg:

Yeah the majority of slaves were treated much much better than the average person today has been led to believe. People would be shocked if they learned more about it. It all goes back to what were were saying about history beeing twisted around and parts left out for the losing side of a war. In this case the South. Either way. It was wrong and its all because of that evil flag.f9d. I'm just playing. :D

I know they weren't tortured all the time, but don't say that they were treated better than the average person because if they were then my last name would not be King. And don't say go read a book cause it wont help your cause. Read Roots by Alexander Haley. Then you won't the same. This board has strayed from its intended purpose. UPSGreg you should join Oprahs book Club.

[Edited by caligula on 9-4-02 7:07A]

Diesel I have a black great great uncle who was killed because he was seen coming out of white widows house one morning (Bessemer, Alabama 1947). The good ole boys shot him in trhe back while he was painting on a roof. He was 17 at the time. Come to find out he was bringing her some extra steel or iron something from the mill for her floor base. White southerners committed some of the same acts as Nazi's. Not all but it only takes a few. Our women been raped, our men been executed for no reasons. Check Your History Books!!!!

Posted by diesel:

UNCCJP33...Comparing the rebel flag to the Nazi flag is a joke! Did Southerners kill people just for being black? NO! Nazis killed thousands of people just for being Jews, though. You should apologize to everyone on this thread, and everyone below the Mason-Dixon line for that matter, for making such a stupid comment.

You are right Diesel.

I know they weren't tortured all the time, but don't say that they were treated better than the average person because if they were then my last name would not be King. And don't say go read a book cause it wont help your cause. Read Roots by Alexander Haley. Then you won't the same. This board has strayed from its intended purpose. UPSGreg you should join Oprahs book Club.

Who said they were treated beter than the average man? You shouldn't put words in people's mouths. Go back and read my post and you will see that it said "better than the average person today as been led to believe". My "cause" is a point and that point is that the Rebel flag wasn't behind any of the bad things that happened. The "good ole boys" that shot the guy for coming out of the window...Were they ordered by the flag to do so? NO! My reference to slaves being treated much better than the average show, movie, school book as portrayed was just an example of how things get twisted around. If you pay closer attention to what is being said and stop putting words in people's mouths than you might be able to keep up with what's going on. Then maybe one day you can catch up with the rest of the world as well and actually have credibility to what you say. Oh by the way...I've seen parts of the "Roots" and was wondering...Did they show or mention the fact that the majority of slaves that were shipped to this country were actually sold to white men, and in some other cases to black men, BY BLACK MEN in Africa? What flags do they hang in front of their homes? I guess those are evil too huh? If someone made a movie about the typical slave conditions the way they really were I guess you'd be in a pretty big dilema wouldnt you? You wouldn't know what to believe. You have allot to learn man. It's all out there. :D

Guest caligula

It was Alex Haleys family story. This came from Africa not America so I hold it true. Its been fun...but I have learned that this threat was started out of miscommunication. The new principal and the cheerleaders started a Go Bananas campaign and confused lots of people. So I don't this 12 page thread was Goones intention so I through.