District 10 AA

3b21

• Replies 465
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It will be a good series. Let me be clear I was not trying to start a competition of who plays the toughest schedule, even though looking back that is how it sounded and i apologize for that. I was just trying to understand how playing single A teams will help if you are trying to build a top double A program like im sure your coach is. If spring Hill has a lot of talent then how will they improve if they are play inferior teams? Last year Spring Hill folded in the district tournament and i think it was because they did not play top teams. If i am wrong, why did they underproduce in the tournament?

SH owed MP a return trip to their place for a scrimmage. MP went to SH last season. SH had it's ups and downs last season but did finish the season in 3rd place. Tournament wise... against Page didn't really show up... that is not taking anything away from Page because they had a good team and played very well on that day. The 2nd game against Giles County was the 4th those teams had played. How hard is it to beat a team 3 time which SH did much less 4 times. SH hopes to improve in the district tournament this year. No doubt that the coach is turning SH into a top notch AA program.

Willie,

Do you know of a change in the Good Day to Play Tourney @ Creekwood? Our schedule shows us playing Independence on 4/18 @ Central. Has there been a change I'm not aware of? Thanks

I got some news for you StealthBuster... I over heard the Dickson County coaches saying that Columbia Central dropped out of the Good Day To Play Tournament.

From what I hear..........don't you get in enough trouble in and out of school without coming on here and starting more for yourself during school hours? /thumb[1].gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":thumb:" border="0" alt="thumb[1].gif" />

Hmm. I guess you are hearin' wrong. I have been into trouble in and out of school, but i think everyone has. I'm a kid and I've messed up, but learned. I'm sorry your son is an angel. But why are you worried about baseball when your son doesn't play it? Come on man, this isn't serious. Its the internet to have some fun. But forget what you have heard, people that don't like other people being successful usually talk a lot. But thanks for the concern big dog. /thumb[1].gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":thumb:" border="0" alt="thumb[1].gif" /> I could've summed it up with one word. JEALOUSY. haha

Hmm. I guess you are hearin' wrong. I have been into trouble in and out of school, but i think everyone has. I'm a kid and I've messed up, but learned. I'm sorry your son is an angel. But why are you worried about baseball when your son doesn't play it? Come on man, this isn't serious. Its the internet to have some fun. But forget what you have heard, people that don't like other people being successful usually talk a lot. But thanks for the concern big dog. /thumb[1].gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":thumb:" border="0" alt="thumb[1].gif" /> I could've summed it up with one word. JEALOUSY. haha

HAHA! get'em biggzz.!

I got some news for you StealthBuster... I over heard the Dickson County coaches saying that Columbia Central dropped out of the Good Day To Play Tournament.

Must have dropped awhile ago. The schedule I've had for 2 months showed games with Lavergne & Independence on those dates. Thanks for the info Willie. Next time you see me, i'd like to talk to ya.

Must have dropped awhile ago. The schedule I've had for 2 months showed games with Lavergne & Independence on those dates. Thanks for the info Willie. Next time you see me, i'd like to talk to ya.

Sounds good! I will see you around some park I'm sure pretty soon.

I don't think thats their #1.2 or 3? Not bad for a second game. Isn't Woody the CATCHER?

At the moment Branham # 1, Walton # 2, and Cartwright # 3. Walton may become a closer for District games and a mid week starter. Time will tell. Bigler, Brochu, and Jeter are capable of throwing against any teams and being successful. Woody is the catcher but will get some innings on the mound in some mid week games or tournament games. More less to eat up innings when needed. He is not bad at all.

yea spring hill is very talented thats why they put up 19 runs

Well, sometimes the scoreboard don't always tell the whole story. I've been watching high school baseball for a while now. Alot of teams use thier younger kids to gain experience on the mound and I feel that is what alot of teams are doing in these spring training games. I get excited thinking about watching these great matchups in the months to come between Page and Marshall and Giles (my 1,2,3 in district) and watching the progress of East and Hickman in thier building/rebuilding of their programs. I like to get on and read the post on here, I've noticed that alot of people think Spring Hill is all that, but are they? They bragg about beating Dickson County, no doubt an established baseball tradition, but then I hear at work this morning Dickson just played their J.V. the whole time. I look foward to watching the Giles-SH game this week. Adams from Giles dominated SH in the tourny last season and will likely do the same on Monday. They have a young coach who is doing things right to ensure the success of his program. Its tough for a young coach to come into a place where football is king and have immediate success, but he is on his way (with the help of some very talented players). I'm going to call a SWEEP for Giles winning 8-5 on the road and 12-2 at home on Tuesday.

Changing gears here. I noticed there are many post about Spring Hill from a couple of people. No doubt Maury county is a large community... but WILLIE, you know alot about Spring Hill. Are you a parent of someone on the team? Is your kid the manager or something? Just asking how you give such detailed information about this team, and yet so little about everyone else?