District 10 AA

3b21

Looks like they faced some great pitching! Now that you have established that, I go back to the original "good bats" comment. What were their averages?

I don't know what their averages were! I'm not the one saying HC is going to be good. I just making the point of the pitching they faced and how they got run ruled so much.

• Replies 465
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

For the most part all teams throw their # 1 or # 2 pitcher on Monday or Tuesday because this is when District games are scheduled. Below is how Hickman County faired...

Regular Season

Mon Mar. 10 #24 Lewis Co. D L 6-11

Tue Mar. 11 at #24 Lewis Co. D L 3-13

Mon Mar. 17 Page D L 6-9

Tue Mar. 18 at Page D L 3-13

Mon Mar. 24 at Giles Co. D L 0-10

Tue Mar. 25 Giles Co. D L 8-18

Wed Apr. 2 East Hickman D W 6-3

Mon Apr. 7 at #7 Marshall Co. D L 0-13

Tue Apr. 8 #7 Marshall Co. D L 1-15

Mon Apr. 14 Spring Hill D L 3-16

Tue Apr. 15 at Spring Hill D L 0-10

Mon Apr. 21 at Loretto D L 1-4

Tue Apr. 22 Loretto D L 1-9

Fri Apr. 25 at East Hickman D W 8-6

District Tournament

Thu May. 1 at Page L 0-10

Fri May. 2 Giles Co. N L 9-10

HC got run ruled in 9 of 16 games. I know SH threw Branham # 1 at HC and Walton # 2 at SH. HC seen Lintz, Webb, Skelton, and Adams, at least once I would say. Those were MC, Page, LC, and GC's # 1.

Branham: good to very good location pitcher. Very calm. Can go the distance. Hits his spots very well. Maddux Like!

Walton: His Coach changed him to sidewinder, which made him unorthodox. Hard to hit. Had more "stuff" before the change? Could be an overall better pitcher and go deeper if not changed to a sidewinder. But he accepted the change.

You didn't indicate who HC faced, but I'd put my $$$ on either one of these to shut HC and alot of others down.

Branham: good to very good location pitcher. Very calm. Can go the distance. Hits his spots very well. Maddux Like!

Walton: His Coach changed him to sidewinder, which made him unorthodox. Hard to hit. Had more "stuff" before the change? Could be an overall better pitcher and go deeper if not changed to a sidewinder. But he accepted the change.

You didn't indicate who HC faced, but I'd put my $$$ on either one of these to shut HC and alot of others down.

I did indicate that HC faced Branham last season at HC... then HC faced Walton at SH. It's at the bottom of my last message.

Walton was average at best before he dropped to the sidewinder style of pitching. As a sophomore he usually went 5 or 6 innings in most games. What else can you ask for out of him? Walton did accept the change and it is going to pay off for him in the long run.

I did indicate that HC face Branham last season at HC... then HC faced Walton at SH. It's at the bottom of my last message.

Walton was average at best before he dropped to the sidewinder style of pitching. As a sophmore he usually went 5 or 6 innings in most games. What else can you ask for out of him? Walton did accept the change and it is going to pay off for him in the long run.

Very hard to hit now! Every time I saw him, kids were having a difficult time with him.

According to the high school page he will be the number two.

No real changes offensivly except at short (due to passing of player)

A sophmore will have to step in.

They will need Branham and Walton to finish games.

Very hard to hit now! Every time I saw him, kids were having a difficult time with him.

According to the high school page he will be the number two.

No real changes offensivly except at short (due to passing of player)

A sophmore will have to step in.

They will need Branham and Walton to finish games.

Walton was difficult to hit everytime I saw him as well. He has the ability to go the distance everytime out as does Branham. I don't think Branham started a game that he didn't finish last year. Spring Hill will certainly be an interesting team to watch. It should be them and Page battling it out. Page has to be the top dog heading into the season though, returning as many players as they have.

Looks like they faced some great pitching! Now that you have established that, I go back to the original "good bats" comment. What were their averages?

Not exactly sure on the averages but the talented coaching staff this year will have them hitting even better than last year. Both have the ability to hit the long ball and .400+

Not exactly sure on the averages but the talented coaching staff this year will have them hitting even better than last year. Both have the ability to hit the long ball and .400+

It really should be an iteresting season. I have now seen Spring Hill on the field. Not too bad. I will put them right at the top of the district this year along with Page. Look forward to seening HC practice.

Your gonna go watch them practice?? get a job

I have seen HC practice and I have a job. I think the young team with the new coach Chessor will make a big difference in the way other teams see bulldog baseball change. Yes i was there at the columbia state games and it was tough to watch our team play with some of the best ballplayers in the state. HATS off to all players that was there. With the older players taking charge and being leaders I think we may fool and surprise a lot of folks. Coach Chessor is working hard to build a team that will make HCHS a showing in our District and the State. The good part every team has a chance and every team has its pride and from a old coach they call it BULLDOG PRIDE.

Judging by the lack of talent that Hickman County had last year, Tim Corbin couldnt coach this team to a "showing"!

From what I saw and heard in the stands at the games I went to. The problem is not with the lack of talent it is with a lack of parent support of the programs. Seems that every parent thougth their kid should have been the starter. And I was an outsider just there to watch some baseball. Both teams had the talent to win and seem to have had good coaches at the time. But the parents seem to be running the programs more than the coaches were supposed to from some of the conversations I heard. And you are right Tim Corbin could not have won at either school in that county.

From what I saw and heard in the stands at the games I went to. The problem is not with the lack of talent it is with a lack of parent support of the programs. Seems that every parent thougth their kid should have been the starter. And I was an outsider just there to watch some baseball. Both teams had the talent to win and seem to have had good coaches at the time. But the parents seem to be running the programs more than the coaches were supposed to from some of the conversations I heard. And you are right Tim Corbin could not have won at either school in that county.

The coach for HCHS was coach Cortney that filled in for the job. Cortney that is a great football coach I think did a great job with the boys. I dont think that problem of parent support will not be a problem this year. We are going to have to build a team and program that will support the new coach Chessor. I agree with every program they will always be a parent that thinks there kid should be a starter. Untill you get the respect of both players and parents it will most likley always be the same. I hpoe for the program that coach Chessor can fill that task. You have a great point about that should be looked from all teams. SUPPORT AND BELEIVE