District 10 AA

3b21

• Replies 465
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Marshall County will be down some this year. They lost more than people think. But then again they are MC and they just seem to have this attitude that they can not be beat and others teams have it in their head they can not beat MC.

SH has a very talented Jr and Sr class with a few talented Soph. Pitching and doing the little things will be the key for them. Can someone step up after their # 1 and # 2 pitchers? SH had a very good summer season. Will that carry over to this spring? Another big if factor will SH be able to rally behind the tragic death of one of their Sr leaders who played SS last season.

Page still has Webb on the mound and that means a lot. He is a difference maker. The kid throws the ball very well and is hard to beat. They still have their # 2 pitcher but he still needs to develop. Page usually is very fast on the bases. Hard to throw out baserunners.

Giles County has a shot to be at the top. The biggest question for them is will the same GC team show up game to game. Last season they struggled with that. They were a totally different team day to day. I guess it depends on the attitudes of the kids. They have several pitchers returning with the additions of a few more.

Lewis County should be improved with the addition of Coach Tiller. LC did lose their # 1 pitcher. Pitching will be a huge factor. The Ammons kid will be the big bat in the lineup but does LC have enough around him to protect him and give a chance to swing it.

Loretto will be down but never count out the Mustangs. Coach Lamm usually finds a way to make his team compete.

East Hickman and Hickman County both will struggle... both seem to be very young and not very experienced.

This district is known for its arms. It seems that whoever has the best arms will come out on top this year. So i ask, who has the best pitching staff?

Webb should be good at page. Gross (jr) at page can be good when not hurt.

Don't know whats left at MC of Spring Hill or Giles.

Wow....glad to know that. Now we can just cancel all the games and save ourselves the trouble of playing.

Page will win that District this yr. They have a good senior class with a couple of strong pitchers and a good catcher. Those are two good places to start. Marshall didnt have much except Lintz last yr and he's gone. Who knows who will come in 2nd.

Wow....glad to know that. Now we can just cancel all the games and save ourselves the trouble of playing.

Page is my prediction. Isnt that's what the question was? They came in 2nd last yr and have the most coming back dont they?

I dont have a dog in the hunt, no kid playing on any of the teams, just a fan who keeps up with the district alittle. Everyone has their right to make a prediction. Sorry of I offended you.

No, I wasn't offended. I agree Page should be the favorite. They are a senior dominated team, with good pitching and are well coached. I'm just not ready to hand them the title yet. Spring Hill should be in the mix losing just 1 starter from last year's squad to graduation and the starting SS to a tragic auto accident. They have a very competitive and effective 1-2 pitching combo, and a lot of talent and experience in the Jr. and Sr. classes. I'm never willing to count Marshall County out, but I think this year they will play the role of spoiler. Pitching is a question mark for them. If that develops, they could be more than a spoiler. I think Giles and Lewis County can pull off upsets as well. I don't think anyone will cruise through this district undefeated, so whoever can avoid the upset losses and play consistently through the schedule should come out on top. In any case, should be a competitive district and fun to watch this year.

Page is my prediction. Isnt that's what the question was? They came in 2nd last yr and have the most coming back dont they?

I dont have a dog in the hunt, no kid playing on any of the teams, just a fan who keeps up with the district alittle. Everyone has their right to make a prediction. Sorry of I offended you.

No, I wasn't offended. I agree Page should be the favorite. They are a senior dominated team, with good pitching and are well coached. I'm just not ready to hand them the title yet. Spring Hill should be in the mix losing just 1 starter from last year's squad to graduation and the starting SS to a tragic auto accident. They have a very competitive and effective 1-2 pitching combo, and a lot of talent and experience in the Jr. and Sr. classes. I'm never willing to count Marshall County out, but I think this year they will play the role of spoiler. Pitching is a question mark for them. If that develops, they could be more than a spoiler. I think Giles and Lewis County can pull off upsets as well. I don't think anyone will cruise through this district undefeated, so whoever can avoid the upset losses and play consistently through the schedule should come out on top. In any case, should be a competitive district and fun to watch this year.

I wouldn't count HC out yet they had one coach last year who was thrown in at the last minute. This year they have a new head coach who has coached these kids before.. They'll be in the hunt this year

Who does Hickman County have returning that will put them in the running?

The Garren kid is good and so is Edwards. I don't believe they have many upperclassmen other than those two. This team is probably not ready to challenge for a district title just yet, but I am convinced they will be much more competitive than last year. Playing HC will no longer be a freebie in district play as was the case for much of last season. Coach Chessor will have them competing game in and game out. With a little more pitching depth, this team could be pretty good in the future.