Are Clinton Girls Being recognized?

timetoshownletno

I think these girls deserve more recognition, they have improved their record in the utmost majority. Coach Tonya Snyder has a very talented group of girls who may take it to state. The dragons played oak ridge a 33 point game the first attempt then improved to a loss by 15, cut in half. What are your opinions on this program? /thumb[1].gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":thumb:" border="0" alt="thumb[1].gif" />

• Replies 23
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Not so quick about state let's, let them get out of the Region first.

I will agree their starters, Lailah, Cody, Amber, Hannah, Natalie are really good players but after that they have no one who can contribute if anything happens i.e. fouls or injuries. I know those 5 are pretty good, they have played AAU ball for years and have worked hard to get better. All 5 played with the Tennessee Raiders organization as well as the Tennessee Dawgs organization. I have followed their progress but they can't do it all. They will need at least one or two more step up and contribute.

I would like nothing better than a trip to state for these young ladies but it is a tough road with Mo West, Greenville and DB in upper East Tennessee, Heritage, Maryville in the Region and in the district Oak Ridge, Powell.

Keep playing hard and working toward that goal you never know.

Not so quick about state let's, let them get out of the Region first.

I will agree their starters, Lailah, Cody, Amber, Hannah, Natalie are really good players but after that they have no one who can contribute if anything happens i.e. fouls or injuries. I know those 5 are pretty good, they have played AAU ball for years and have worked hard to get better. All 5 played with the Tennessee Raiders organization as well as the Tennessee Dawgs organization. I have followed their progress but they can't do it all. They will need at least one or two more step up and contribute.

I would like nothing better than a trip to state for these young ladies but it is a tough road with Mo West, Greenville and DB in upper East Tennessee, Heritage, Maryville in the Region and in the district Oak Ridge, Powell.

Keep playing hard and working toward that goal you never know.

This is very true these girls seem tired after playing all of those minutes and there isnt really a strong bench, more timid if anything. I still think they can go for it.

I think these girls deserve more recognition, they have improved their record in the utmost majority. Coach Tonya Snyder has a very talented group of girls who may take it to state. The dragons played oak ridge a 33 point game the first attempt then improved to a loss by 15, cut in half. What are your opinions on this program? /thumb[1].gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":thumb:" border="0" alt="thumb[1].gif" />

There is no way they can make it to state. To get to state they would have to get through 1st either Oak Ridge or Bearden, Heritage in the Region then Either Morristown West, Cocke Co. , or maybe Greeneville in the Sub-State. I can't think of any real quality wins for them...they have lost to Oak Ridge twice and Once to Powell those are the only really good teams in that district.

Good luck to them though....they definitely have the ability to upset someone..but to call for state is a little off base.

Congrats to Clinton and Coach Snyder on having a breakthrough season.

Clinton played Oak Ridger pretty well at ORHS. The score was 77-63 or something to that affect. It was a major improvement over the earlier season game where Oak Ridge ran them off the court in Clinton.

For those who don't think this Clinton team can make a run at the state tourney, I think you might want to reconsider.

Back in 1990-1991, a group of less heralded gals from Clinton came out of nowhere to shock the district, region, and won their sub state tourney tourney game allowing them to make the state tourney.

Oak Ridge was down a little that year, but Clinton still beat a lot of very good teams in the district, regional, and substate while shocking East TN AAA basketball.

This Clinton team is more talented than that 1990-1991 team that shocked everyone. Also, taking into account Coach Snyder ( an Oliver Springs alum)coaching prowess, the Lady Dragons probably are confident after many years of trying to assemble a complete team of talented players they finally have many of the pieces in place to make a splash in post season play- and compete against the traditional teams. I wouldn't be surprised if Coach Tonya Lively Snyder isn't using the 1990-1991 team as motivation. Lively-Snyder was an All East Tennessee performer on a very talented AA Oliver Springs team that was upset by Clinton twice that season- including a game at Clinton were the lady dragons came back from 20 points back in the 2nd half to win. She knows Clinton is capable of coming out of nowhere and surprising teams.

Also, there is some significance here, too. Clinton beat Oliver Springs at Oliver Springs in a Thanksgiving Tourney this year. No team just waltzes into Oliver Springs and beats the Lady Cats. Clinton hasn't won at Oliver Spring since 1990-1991.

I would be wise not to underestimate this team and coach.

OS91, not taking anything away from clinton but OS with their best night and clinton with theirs. OS wins hands down. But clintons girls are good. they are prob the most overlooked team in that district just like onieda is in OS. if ppl overlook them they will make BIG noise during tourney time.

I watched this team tonight play Central, to my knowledge they could have blown this team(who was missing two key players) out of the gym. They won by 30 odd points but they should have capitalized by 40 +. They seem to have some great 6th man 7th and even 8th man rotations but lets be real......... Performance with powell will prove what these girls have in them. I am for this team.

OS91, not taking anything away from clinton but OS with their best night and clinton with theirs. OS wins hands down. But clintons girls are good. they are prob the most overlooked team in that district just like onieda is in OS. if ppl overlook them they will make BIG noise during tourney time.

I'm not familar with the details of the game. I just know Clinton won.

Beating OS at OS is quite an accomplishment for any program regardless of classification. Nationally and state ranked teams have failed to win at OS during the last 8 years. This win is evidence Clinton lcan play outstanding basketball competing at a high level- just as you alluded to. They are capable of making a run in the tourney. Also, look at how well they improved against Oak Ridge in game one at Clinton to game two at ORHS. Playing OR to a 77-63 game @ ORHS is impressive. There is still 10 regular season games for improvement, too. Coach Lively- Snyder will have the Lady Dragons primmed to make some noise.

I'm not familar with the details of the game. I just know Clinton won.

Beating OS at OS is quite an accomplishment for any program regardless of classification. Nationally and state ranked teams have failed to win at OS during the last 8 years. This win is evidence Clinton lcan play outstanding basketball competing at a high level- just as you alluded to. They are capable of making a run in the tourney. Also, look at how well they improved against Oak Ridge in game one at Clinton to game two at ORHS. Playing OR to a 77-63 game @ ORHS is impressive. There is still 10 regular season games for improvement, too. Coach Lively- Snyder will have the Lady Dragons primmed to make some noise.

I have no idea what the District or Region looked like in 1990-1991, however Oak Ridge is a monster and Bearden is undefeated in District IV play. For Clinton to even make it out of region for the chance to have Morristown West beat them by 50 they first have to get past one of those two teams...and I honestly don't see it happening (If not Bearden then Heritage or maybe Farragut)

And i know..."thats why they play the game" and "anything can happen" but the deck is stacked against them

clinton has as much of a chance to "take it to state" as sweetwater.

A few of you have questioned Clinton's ability to make the State based on atn's statement. The part you missed is that Sweetwater has possibly the worst girls team in ET this season(no offense to their coaches who I respect greatly). I believe a little sarcasm was at play about the State. However, I do think Clinton's girls have made huge strides this season. They are strong and have a chance to make some noise in the district and region. Beyond that, we'll see.....