Region V

DblTech

Posted by DblTech:

They STINK!!!! Smyrna was one of the luckiest teams this last year. They will have no one this next season. So anyone who thinks that they can do something is sorely mistaken. Coach Goyhu or whatever his name is...hasn't done anything at Smyrna. They have always stunk and they still do. Way to go coach.

DBLTECH

Just wanted to let you know that I have been with the wrestling program at Smyrna for a while and we have improved dramatically. Sure we lost a lot of great wrestlers last year, but we have great ones to take their places. Two of these are Turner and Sholly. Coach Gonyea has done wonders and you don't need to talk until you come out and beat us, which is very unlikely. Good luck in something that will never be accomplished. :rolleyes:

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted by DblTech:

Smyrna will be in the bottom ranks of the region this year. They lost all their talent. They were a flash in the pan... They lost Hays, Wallace, and David Hale. Their Heavyweight was even lucky to make it to state. I'm telling you that Brentwood will dominate.

Dbl teck is an idiot and knows to much about smyrna... Hes short and fat to.

As far as region V goes, it is the largest region. Not to take anything away from Soddy or Bradley, but when your region only has 8-10 teams in it, it is pretty easy to dominate your region. It takes region V 2 full days of wrestling to complete the region tournament. Most other regions finish theirs in one night.

I think Franklin will be number 2 this year. I also think that Forrest will show a little differnt this year. As far as Smyrna goes, they STINK!!!!! They haven't done anything that should give them so much praise. I swear, when you watch them wrestle (if you want to call it that) they look like they work out for 5 minutes and then nap for and hour and a half. Look to the real talent in region V. You'll see...teams like Brentwood, Franklin and Forrest will dominate.

Posted by acegameplayer42:
Posted by DblTech:

Smyrna will be in the bottom ranks of the region this year. They lost all their talent. They were a flash in the pan... They lost Hays, Wallace, and David Hale. Their Heavyweight was even lucky to make it to state. I'm telling you that Brentwood will dominate.

As far as region V goes, it is the largest region. Not to take anything away from Soddy or Bradley, but when your region only has 8-10 teams in it, it is pretty easy to dominate your region. It takes region V 2 full days of wrestling to complete the region tournament. Most other regions finish theirs in one night.

I think Franklin will be number 2 this year. I also think that Forrest will show a little differnt this year. As far as Smyrna goes, they STINK!!!!! They haven't done anything that should give them so much praise. I swear, when you watch them wrestle (if you want to call it that) they look like they work out for 5 minutes and then nap for and hour and a half. Look to the real talent in region V. You'll see...teams like Brentwood, Franklin and Forrest will dominate.

How can you say in one sentence that region V is the largest, thus the hardest to win, and in another sentence say that the region champs "STINK!"? Don't get me wrong, I'm not a Smyrna proponent. I've never even seen them wrestle. But if the real talent is at Brentwood, Franklin, and Forrest, then how did Smyrna win the region fair and square? I think all these people bad-mouthing Smyrna must be Franklin and Brentwood fans with a big case of sour grapes. Face it, Y'ALL LOST! And you say Brentwood will dominate. Where were they last year? They weren't even in the region finals! Even if Smyrna doesn't win regions this year...Forrest? Come on. Is Forrest really gonna be able to touch Smyrna? Nope. Sorry, buddy. I think you're gonna get some surprises this year if you think it's gonna turn out like that.

kingwrestling, last year Brentwood won their District Duals and the Region Duals, two things they weren't expected to do. They also put 5 kids in the Region tournament finals (most of any team in Region 5), and were winning the tournament going into the 215 lb. finals match by 2 points. They were expected to finish in about 4th place in the tournament, but they were 2nd by four points with only 10 wrestlers in the tournament. Smyrna deserved all that they achieved last year because they were a good team top to bottom and well coached. But, Brentwood was definitely in the finals.

Posted by kingwrestling:
Posted by acegameplayer42:
Posted by DblTech:

How can you say in one sentence that region V is the largest, thus the hardest to win, and in another sentence say that the region champs "STINK!"? Don't get me wrong, I'm not a Smyrna proponent. I've never even seen them wrestle. But if the real talent is at Brentwood, Franklin, and Forrest, then how did Smyrna win the region fair and square? I think all these people bad-mouthing Smyrna must be Franklin and Brentwood fans with a big case of sour grapes. Face it, Y'ALL LOST! And you say Brentwood will dominate. Where were they last year? They weren't even in the region finals! Even if Smyrna doesn't win regions this year...Forrest? Come on. Is Forrest really gonna be able to touch Smyrna? Nope. Sorry, buddy. I think you're gonna get some surprises this year if you think it's gonna turn out like that.

Guest phantom13

Guys I have been in this region for a long time. As a wrestler and a coach. Yes I still think that this is the toughest region in the state for many reasons for one the numbers and two the talent.. I think coach G. has did a very good job with Smyrna. Yes he did lose alot last year and might be down a little this year but do not count them out of the running just because of that. I personally think that Franklin will be the team to watch out for the next couple of years. Brentwood is always tough. But who will be teams to watch? I do not agree with Lebanon or Fairview. Forrest will be better than last year but still young.

I would like to wish everyone good luck this year. And dont forget that the season is not up until Feb. so everyone needs to watch there backs.

• 2 weeks later...
Guest slimbob

I think that franklin will dominate over all this year. They lost no one and are only getting better. Brentwood will be a tough team but not as good as franklin. tullahoma is going to drop drasticly and so will smyrna. tullahoma dose not seem like they will do anything this year. As for smyrna they lost to much talent and gain to littel. they only have a couple desent wrestlers. I think blackmon might step up and get a bit harder.

my region v top 5 picks

1.Franklin

2.brentwood

3.tullahoma

4.blackmon

5.smyrna

Guest slimbob

who is going to dominate in the region 5 112 weight class?

Is cody Cleavland going to wrestle 112 this year? What about the smyrna boy that almost made state at 103 last year is he going 112? who is brentwood going have at 112?

Last year Marshall Co struggled with injuries which haunted them in the region tournament but this year with the roster being manly filled with seniors will have a strong year. last year they only sent 2 wrestlers to state but about seven wrestlers missed it by one match. these 7 were mainly plagued by injury but i believe that their 2nd year wrestler Erick Marquez who managed to place 4th last year in his first region appearence at 215 will dominate at 189 and some of their seniors like clint jenkins, randy morey, jason parks, and adolf hense will make some noise in the

region this year. Also some of their junior starters will

step it up like eric pafford and Geoffrey mcgee. all in

all im not saying the will win the region but i think they

will be in the top 5 this year.