Region V

DblTech

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Coach Gonyea,

You still have time, but I hope you can figure out how to change your signature on your posts. It says Region V champions. After this season, you will have to specify which year, 2002 Region V champs since Franklin will be holding the title. Face it, it was a one shot deal and the next 6 months will show that. A wise man once said:

"On occasion, even a blind squirrel finds a nut."

Gonyea, Now you have gone way too far. You sound like a geek. Grow up and let people make predictions without chiming in everytime someone says you will finish anywhere but first. By the way...Who is the toughest team you wrestle this season and who was your last state placer and when was that? What was the highest your team ever finished at state? Some answers please! Remember, it is not personal.

Why is everybody talking about franklin? I dont see why u all think they are just so good. The one team that i think is underestimated is tullohoma they have jeff lester as there coach and he is a great coach granted he lost clevland but im sure he got someone else. Also Lebanon I think will make some heads turn i checked and they did have 4 state qualifiers last year and if they have returning players they could do great.

Posted by wrestlerguy:

Why is everybody talking about franklin? I dont see why u all think they are just so good. The one team that i think is underestimated is tullohoma they have jeff lester as there coach and he is a great coach granted he lost clevland but im sure he got someone else. Also Lebanon I think will make some heads turn i checked and they did have 4 state qualifiers last year and if they have returning players they could do great.

So now if u have a good coach you have a good team?

Posted by sundancer:

The Region V duals were a complete toss up last year - we had 4 great teams and 4 great coaches. We have new schools and new coaches to add to the ones we already had in the region.

I think Smryna, Tullahoma, Brentwood & Franklin will be leading the pack again. As to who will win the duals it is up to the athlete/team - which one will want it bad enough.

One athlete cant carry a whole team, Columbia realized that when they played franklin

be careful when you are cutting & pasting, some of it is not clean. I don't know anything about Columbia playing Franklin - was not at the game.

I still believe that the top four in Region 5 will be Tullahoma, Smyrna, Brentwood & Franklin. It will come down to the end of the season and which athletes want the title enough to win it? :confused:

Guest AnyThing

Tullahoma only lost one Cleveland!! All of you are forgetting about his older brother Hunter Cleveland. He has wrestled as long as his brother and placed 3rd last year in Region 5. For those of you who know Hunter last year he had that big bulky knee brace on because he tore something ( i think his ACL). I think he will have that off this year and will be ready to not only win Region 5 but place in the top 4 at state.