Father Ryan defeats BA

Chuckthebutcher615

• Replies 28
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Good job Father Ryan. As an avid wrestling fan I must say what an exciting match.

Mosley and Calloway both have BIG hearts for little men.

As always Dad never has anything good to say to his son afterward. How sad to see still after all these years.

Please try to refrain in the future from being so disrespectful not only to your son but to the fans as well.

Quite certain we all can agree.

Does anyone have the individual match results?

Best I can remember was as follows:

112 - Johnny Maurizi (FR) tech fall Clyde Boswell 21-6

119 - Anthony Simpson (FR) dec Jack Wilson 9-0

125 - Zeno Dupree (BA) fall Shane Quillen (was this Quillen? I wasn't able to watch this match)

130 - Chase Brannon (BA) maj dec Dylan Wright 11-1

135 - Matt Brewer (FR) fall Thomas McClellan

140 - Cody Austell (FR) by forfeit

145 - Chris Agnew (FR) tech fall Cai Cowlyn 21-6

152 - Justin Cash (BA) maj dec Nick Bateman 24-10

160 - Patrick Marchetti (FR) tech fall William Ball 23-8

171 - Wes Wesley (FR) dec Michael Proctor 6-2

189 - Will Mix (FR) dec Joshua Tate 7-3

215 - Taylor Brasher (BA) fall Cory Norcross

285 - Ryan Carrethers (BA) fall Tagbo Obi

103 - Cole Moseley (FR) dec Carlos Calloway 9-4

I could be off on some of that but I tried to catch all of the results so they can be included into the rankings this week. Of course that could be tough with the return of Brewer and not knowing where he will go for state (one would assume 130, allowing the line-up to shift back down).

Best I can remember was as follows:

112 - Johnny Maurizi (FR) tech fall Clyde Boswell 21-6

119 - Anthony Simpson (FR) dec Jack Wilson 9-0

125 - Zeno Dupree (BA) fall Shane Quillen (was this Quillen? I wasn't able to watch this match)

130 - Chase Brannon (BA) maj dec Dylan Wright 11-1

135 - Matt Brewer (FR) fall Thomas McClellan

140 - Cody Austell (FR) by forfeit

145 - Chris Agnew (FR) tech fall Cai Cowlyn 21-6

152 - Justin Cash (BA) maj dec Nick Bateman 24-10

160 - Patrick Marchetti (FR) tech fall William Ball 23-8

171 - Wes Wesley (FR) dec Michael Proctor 6-2

189 - Will Mix (FR) dec Joshua Tate 7-3

215 - Taylor Brasher (BA) fall Cory Norcross

285 - Ryan Carrethers (BA) fall Tagbo Obi

103 - Cole Moseley (FR) dec Carlos Calloway 9-4

I could be off on some of that but I tried to catch all of the results so they can be included into the rankings this week. Of course that could be tough with the return of Brewer and not knowing where he will go for state (one would assume 130, allowing the line-up to shift back down).

The 125 for FR was not Quillen. I believe it was Chris (can't remember his last name)

Also, I think the score on the 130 match was 14-1, because I remember Brannon scrambling at the end trying to turn Wright one last time.

The 125 for FR was not Quillen. I believe it was Chris (can't remember his last name)

Also, I think the score on the 130 match was 14-1, because I remember Brannon scrambling at the end trying to turn Wright one last time.

Chris Campbell perhaps then. All will be known when the official scores get sent out to the rankers or put in the paper. I thought it would have been odd Quillen getting stuck by Dupree after defeating him 2-0 last time at the Father Ryan Invite. That would certainly have cost him a state seed place /wink.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=";)" border="0" alt="wink.gif" />.

By "MWR" from a previous thread:

"QUOTE (MWR @ Jan 4 2009 - 04:49 PM)

It would not be surprising at all if Cash kept his son out of the roster to protect his ranking over Marchetti, just as he did last year with Tuani at 215. Although, it showed that kind of coaching and teaching your wrestlers to avoid wrestling on certain occasions doesn't really work out when Clanton from Ryan beat Tuani handily in the DII finals last year."

It looks like Simpson had Marchetti duck the rematch. What is he "coaching and teaching" his wrestlers?

Chris Campbell perhaps then. All will be known when the official scores get sent out to the rankers or put in the paper. I thought it would have been odd Quillen getting stuck by Dupree after defeating him 2-0 last time at the Father Ryan Invite. That would certainly have cost him a state seed place /wink.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=";)" border="0" alt="wink.gif" />.

That's him. I remember thinking it was strange that Quillen wasn't out there.

Good job Father Ryan. As an avid wrestling fan I must say what an exciting match.

Mosley and Calloway both have BIG hearts for little men.

As always Dad never has anything good to say to his son afterward. How sad to see still after all these years.

Please try to refrain in the future from being so disrespectful not only to your son but to the fans as well.

Quite certain we all can agree.

Calloway the kid is GREAT!

Calloway the Dad is SAD! For years now he chooses to act up with his son, fans and even refs!

By "MWR" from a previous thread:

"QUOTE (MWR @ Jan 4 2009 - 04:49 PM)

It would not be surprising at all if Cash kept his son out of the roster to protect his ranking over Marchetti, just as he did last year with Tuani at 215. Although, it showed that kind of coaching and teaching your wrestlers to avoid wrestling on certain occasions doesn't really work out when Clanton from Ryan beat Tuani handily in the DII finals last year."

It looks like Simpson had Machetti do the duck the rematch.

As always, you seem to have ample words of wisdom--"do the duck the rematch."

I'm sure you are aware, or more likely you're probably not, that due to the toss Ryan had to show first and when it came time for the 152 match Cash was still behind his teams bench and had no intention of answering the call had Mr. Marchetti gone out. So let's be realistic for just a sec, even you iron, and all admit that no matter what the toss had been neither wrestler would've gone out. Hopefully that won't be the case at the State Indiv.

However, as Navy has mentioned earlier that coaches do what is best for their team to win, I can only assume that was the case for Ryan seeing as they did win the match. Or perhaps that's the lineup they intend to have since Matt Brewer wrestled at 135. I'm just speculating though.

Calloway the kid is GREAT!

Calloway the Dad is SAD! For years now he chooses to act up with his son, fans and even refs!

Could you or anyone else elaborate?? If Calloway's father is the issue I always remember him being a nice fellow and I believe he was a ref for a while?

Congrats to our "Sister School" The Purple Team from Knoxville on their victory over a good BA team. Up next for them is Independence who may be the most evenly skilled team in the State this year, and then off to Chatt-town where fortunes will be made or lost.

With The Purple Team being a 16.5 favorite, it seems that all the BIG money is coming in on the purple team to cover, buttttttttttt...... Having just gotten a transfer from Ohio in at Hwy, we might just be able to cover and win at least 3 matches.

Go Irish Green and purple

bcb iii /flower.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":flower:" border="0" alt="flower.gif" />

I forget to mention that the purple and red Leprechaun mascot, doesn't do much for me. Makes me think back to my college days where I would see many objects purple and red.

As always, you seem to have ample words of wisdom--"do the duck the rematch."

I'm sure you are aware, or more likely you're probably not, that due to the toss Ryan had to show first and when it came time for the 152 match Cash was still behind his teams bench and had no intention of answering the call had Mr. Marchetti gone out. So let's be realistic for just a sec, even you iron, and all admit that no matter what the toss had been neither wrestler would've gone out. Hopefully that won't be the case at the State Indiv.

However, as Navy has mentioned earlier that coaches do what is best for their team to win, I can only assume that was the case for Ryan seeing as they did win the match. Or perhaps that's the lineup they intend to have since Matt Brewer wrestled at 135. I'm just speculating though.

Could you or anyone else elaborate?? If Calloway's father is the issue I always remember him being a nice fellow and I believe he was a ref for a while?

As witnessed by many on the way out of the gym Dad belittles and berates son not quitely but screaming.

Gently pulling a child to the side and speaking instead of screaming is always a better way to get a message across

to any one. As I remember also an episode where he snatched the child off the mat screaming was at Father Ryan

last year or the previous year.

Was the dad ever a state champion? Probably not! And if he were, state champions don't act like that.