Karns Football

kbeavr

I stand by what I said. Just because a school has a lot of seniors doesn't automatically make high expectations legitimate. Successful football starts in the feeder program, which takes some stability in the coaching staff at the high school level to build and sustain. Older players don't necessarily equal success.

You are correct it does not mean success to have upper classmen and the success of your program does start at the youth level, it seems that Karns youth has some good players that go else where for their HS careers, some for good reasons and some not. Regardless what you, I or anyone else wants to say on this issue Karns as not had a winning season since the70s or 80s and they continue to have bad season after bad. if the youth is the answer then maybe the coaching staff at Karns should take some time with them like the HVA coach did with my nephews team. Make all the arguments you want but, until Karns can put together a 500 season at least, they will continue to lose good players.

• Replies 79
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yes for sure, change it all nickname and coaches maybe that would bring them to glory.

If there's one thing maybe worse than "Beavers" it's in basketball when the "Lady Beavers" hit the court.

As far as the head coach ... I personally believe when you find a man who is incredibly smart; who has the highest moral character; who LOVES kids with all his heart; who is willing to work his butt off; and who has worked with some excellent coaching mentors ... that you've got a good chance at building a successful program. You will for sure influence a bunch of young men to grow up into solid, productive citizens. AT KARNS ... YOU HAVE THAT COACH. Hang on to him.

If there's one thing maybe worse than "Beavers" it's in basketball when the "Lady Beavers" hit the court.

As far as the head coach ... I personally believe when you find a man who is incredibly smart; who has the highest moral character; who LOVES kids with all his heart; who is willing to work his butt off; and who has worked with some excellent coaching mentors ... that you've got a good chance at building a successful program. You will for sure influence a bunch of young men to grow up into solid, productive citizens. AT KARNS ... YOU HAVE THAT COACH. Hang on to him.

thats great that you feel so strong about the head coach but, just as much as you feel that way there is a growing number of Karns faithful that would disagree. With all the mentioned entitlements that you give the HC the facts are still not clear on the direction for the beavers. Maybe this HC was a geat assistant coach but, his HC skills are yet to be proven to just about everyone in Karns.

thats great that you feel so strong about the head coach but, just as much as you feel that way there is a growing number of Karns faithful that would disagree. With all the mentioned entitlements that you give the HC the facts are still not clear on the direction for the beavers. Maybe this HC was a geat assistant coach but, his HC skills are yet to be proven to just about everyone in Karns.

baller, coaches are always loved by half the community and half will disagree or dislike. Karns is unique only that season after season they are not very good, you know when everyone was haten on coach Fulkerson, they forgot one thing the next guy may not be any better or could even be worse, so things are not always better with change. Having some contact with Karns I have seen their teams with great talent that has no chance of winning because they don't think they can, that directly comes from leadership from HC, if you have poor leadership there your teams will ussally have poor leadership on the field. it does not take you very long to see how poor that is when you attend a karns football game. Not trying to dog anyone in particular, but leadership is where it starts and ends without it you have 1-9 seasons period.

If Boden wasn't running for his life every other down, than i believe that Karns could have a decent year. I see this with alot of other not so great schools (for instance Jeff Co.)- They have the talent, whether it be in the school or even on the team, BUT the coaching stability is not there, the chemistry is not there, the offense is not right for the athletes they have, and what i believe is the key to football, they cannot control the line of scrimmage on either side of the ball. that is all i can do to help karns high school

If Boden wasn't running for his life every other down, than i believe that Karns could have a decent year. I see this with alot of other not so great schools (for instance Jeff Co.)- They have the talent, whether it be in the school or even on the team, BUT the coaching stability is not there, the chemistry is not there, the offense is not right for the athletes they have, and what i believe is the key to football, they cannot control the line of scrimmage on either side of the ball. that is all i can do to help karns high school

Karns should hire a coach like say a JJ McCleskey (KHS Alum Class of 88)....you never know...he might be receptive..

If the RB would run, the REC would run good routes, if the DEF could stop anyone, if the special teams, well you get the point . There are a lot of ifs in everything on this team. The best thing that could happen to Karns would be a total revamping of the football team, starting with the coaches and then through the players until we could find a winning combination of player,coaches that could work together. not sure what the total answer is, I started this topic to see what posters would have to say,hoping that there would be alot of conversatin about different directions that could help; 700+ viewers with 25 psot, just shows you how the community feels about it, they don't and it shows with continued support of 30 + years of bad football.

Does anyone know why the Dee's kid did not play more at QB last year?I understand now that he has transferred to Hardin Valley to play QB.

Played back up to a very good junior QB ( Kyle Boden ). If he to play QB a transfer was his best bet. Did they move? I believe that the family must have a legitimate change of address.

Played back up to a very good junior QB ( Kyle Boden ). If he to play QB a transfer was his best bet. Did they move? I believe that the family must have a legitimate change of address.

He was a great JV qb his soph. year. Dees is a much tougher kid then Bolden and can play at other positions. Every time that Dees got into games on friday nights he drove the team dowm and scored. not sure on the transfer issue but, do know that he can play somewhere on the feld, brings great attitude.