Grainger Grizzlies

GC Grizzlies

Grainger beat Union 9-5

CBD whats going on with Grainger. I noticed that Grainger threw their ace and gave up seven hits to UC, but the more alarming stat was that Grainger made 8 errors. I have heard that Grainger is better than last year, but how can they compete for a district title if their defense doesn't get a lot better in a hurry. Just wondering. I wish Grainger the best and am looking forward to see how they do against PF and GP later in the year.

• Replies 67
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Just looking at the scores its hard to figure this Grainger team out. It looks as if the can play with anyone and could also lose to anyone. I have only watched 5 of their 12 games but in my opinion this is one of the most inconsistent Rutledge teams I have ever seen. They have played pretty well defensively but can not get their bats going. But that being said they made 8 errors yesterday so they might not be able to play defense either. Oh and Coach Big Dog or whatever your name is the last time I checked Gibbs and Seymour are not in Grainger's District so their opinions probably don't matter to much. Maybe if you would coach up that talent they could play. I'm sure they are looking for help. They better worry about their district because from the looks of things it appears that Union, Gatlinburg, and Pigeon Forge is going to give them all they want. They might not even make it out of the District. Heck if that happens I guess that could say at least Gibbs and Seymour think we are good. I've been a Pioneer baseball fan for a long time I would hate to see the Grizzlies ruin the rich tradition that was established.

Yes the are are hard team to figure out,they just don't seem to be consistent, but they seem to play hard and have been in every game they have played. Had good chance to win every game except one. And sacfly I am sure no one cares about your opinion,but glad to hear you are a fan.

Don't you worry about the Rutledge tradition it will live on , but I think it is a new tradition now, a Grainger Grizzly one!!!!

And so far it looks like they are doing what they are suppose to in the district, to this point 5-0 tied with Pigeon Forge, but Union , GP, and Pigeon should be good games!!

Yeah 5-0 in the disctrict with 4 wins coming against the claborne co schools some real power houses. And opinons are like noses everyone has one just like you. I guess your opinion doesn't matter either. AS for tradition the Grizzlies don't need to forget where they came from or what has always made them successful.

Grainger sweeps Union County 11-1 in five innings today. Union has split with GP in two earlier games. It is starting to look like another Grainger and PF battle for the top spot. But, we all know GP can be tough with their ace on the hill. So, things will start to line up in the next week. Union is much improved and can still be a tough play for anyone. Things are getting exciting. Go Grizzlies!

GC Grizzlies and Coach Big Dog, what do you think of Graingers chances to win the district over PF.

I think everyone knows on paper PF is the favorite to win the district this year. This years Grainger team is probably a better overall hitting team than they were last year. They have 5-6 longball threats in the lineup this year. That makes them dangerous almost anywhere and anytime. They will be a dangerous team to take for granted, like most people on here are doing. I still see PF as the favorite with GP and Grainger battling for 2nd. Grainger returns their top pitchers and add a couple of new ones that give them depth in the rotation. GP as we all know has one very good pitcher and they are improved, too. I think Grainger likes playing the role as the underdog this season. All the pressure should rest on the shoulders of PF as they try to repeat what they did last season.