Who will repeat as state champ?

intheshadow

Who has the best chance to repeat and who will have the hardest time repeating?

I'll get this started. If I were a betting man I would put my money on Goodpasture or GPS to repeat. They both seem to put a good team on the field every year. As far as not repeating I guess that would be Forrest. TCA believes they should have won it last year and with both cannons coming back, they should take the trophy back.

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'll get this started. If I were a betting man I would put my money on Goodpasture or GPS to repeat. They both seem to put a good team on the field every year. As far as not repeating I guess that would be Forrest. TCA believes they should have won it last year and with both cannons coming back, they should take the trophy back.

The Lady Rockets will be prepared once again, losing one starter. They proved who had the most talent in '08, and '09 will be a dog fight once again. Go Lady Rockets!

My guess is that Forrest will be there again in the end. Ooltewah would be the most likely not to repeat - It's hard to replace a pitcher like Holly Thomas.

forrest didnt lose but one senior and trinity lost some more hitters tca has NO depth they had to put in 8th graders at state bc their veterans werent getting the job done and using the tennesse coaches is not an excuse if ivy cant play in front of someone who she already signed with what is she gonna do when she is on national tv. shelby stinnett is a great pitcher and Forrest is a team no one really knows individual girls but we all know forrest they also have great coaching with little pride something trinity needs to figure out they think they are the best and checking out of hotel rooms b4 forrest beat them the first time was not bright trinity has a great group of girls just no depth and a major jerk of a coach.

forrest didnt lose but one senior and trinity lost some more hitters tca has NO depth they had to put in 8th graders at state bc their veterans werent getting the job done and using the tennesse coaches is not an excuse if ivy cant play in front of someone who she already signed with what is she gonna do when she is on national tv. shelby stinnett is a great pitcher and Forrest is a team no one really knows individual girls but we all know forrest they also have great coaching with little pride something trinity needs to figure out they think they are the best and checking out of hotel rooms b4 forrest beat them the first time was not bright trinity has a great group of girls just no depth and a major jerk of a coach.

Punctuation, punctuation, punctuation Sportzfan. My 3rd grade edumacation won't allow me to understand this.

You have some very good thoughts here that I think are of interest to a lot of people. I don't want to see your post overlooked due to readability.

It was my understanding from spectators at the spring fling that the two eigth graders that were playing had actually been in the line up all year. (The youngest Renfroe & the Cross girl.)

Ive seen Ivy & Ellen pitch at many tournaments thru the years & my guess is based off that is that Forrest caught them on a bad couple of days.....

As for depth? Isn't this softball or were you talking about their basketball team? I've been watching softball games for a day or two & there are 9 players on the field & the nine who start usally finish the game especially in championship play. Maybe you've watched too much rec league.

As for their coach, I watched 2 of the 3 games they played with Forrest & never noticed him being a jerk or any bad behavior from either of their coaches (tca). Did I miss somthing or do you carry a grudge from a previous encounter????

To summarize, I do think that Forrest as well as Trinity,Cornersville & Huntingdon will be back at the "Boro" again this year this year in 1A, but I do think that Trinity will be on a mission this year after winning 2 in a row & then giving it away at the end last year.

Good luck to all!

It was my understanding from spectators at the spring fling that the two eigth graders that were playing had actually been in the line up all year. (The youngest Renfroe & the Cross girl.)

Ive seen Ivy & Ellen pitch at many tournaments thru the years & my guess is based off that is that Forrest caught them on a bad couple of days.....

As for depth? Isn't this softball or were you talking about their basketball team? I've been watching softball games for a day or two & there are 9 players on the field & the nine who start usally finish the game especially in championship play. Maybe you've watched too much rec league.

As for their coach, I watched 2 of the 3 games they played with Forrest & never noticed him being a jerk or any bad behavior from either of their coaches (tca). Did I miss somthing or do you carry a grudge from a previous encounter????

To summarize, I do think that Forrest as well as Trinity,Cornersville & Huntingdon will be back at the "Boro" again this year this year in 1A, but I do think that Trinity will be on a mission this year after winning 2 in a row & then giving it away at the end last year.

Good luck to all!

You are correct Anna Renfroe and Summer Cross were on the roster most of the year. And i do not carry a grudge i know and play with and against many trinity girls year around they are a great group of girls, but i do know coach craft to be very prideful and when one team arrived to play them he said the game would be over in 30 min and it wasnt. He also told his girls to pack and load the bus before Forrest run ruled them.

And yes i agree Four teams should be at the top this year.

As for depth? Isn't this softball or were you talking about their basketball team? I've been watching softball games for a day or two & there are 9 players on the field & the nine who start usually finish the game especially in championship play. Maybe you've watched too much rec league.

As for their coach, I watched 2 of the 3 games they played with Forrest & never noticed him being a jerk or any bad behavior from either of their coaches (tca). Did I miss something or do you carry a grudge from a previous encounter????

Good luck to all!

TCA did not GIVE Forrest anything. The Lady Rockets earned every bit of those two games. We thought it was extremely funny that they had to find hotel accommodations for Friday night.

TCA did not GIVE Forrest anything. The Lady Rockets earned every bit of those two games. We thought it was extremely funny that they had to find hotel accommodations for Friday night.

I think the original post was about who would repeat or not as State Champs!

I'm sure it was not intended to be for a TCA and Forrest bash session!!!

So, my two cents will be Goodpasture and Oolte wah will not repeat. Davidson Academy

will and possibly Forrest if Stinnet stays healhty from her offseason surgery.

I think the original post was about who would repeat or not as State Champs!

I'm sure it was not intended to be for a TCA and Forrest bash session!!!

So, my two cents will be Goodpasture and Oolte /tongue.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":P" border="0" alt="tongue.gif" /> /tongue.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":P" border="0" alt="tongue.gif" /> wah will not repeat. Davidson Academy

will and possibly Forrest if Stinnet stays healhty from her offseason surgery.

What off-season surgery?

What off-season surgery?

I heard that she had Tommy John surgery in Sept or Oct. Doesn't that require a min 12 month lay off?

Checked the internet doc & I quote- "Full recovery to pre-surgical strength and success usually takes 18 to 24 months . That??™s Tommy John surgery in a nutshell".

Maybe thats not the surgery she had. If it is I wish her well, hopefully she will be allowed ample time to recover properly, too many times you see young athlete's pushed back into the game by their own or maybe their parents desire for them to compete only to further prolong recovery.

I heard that she had Tommy John surgery in Sept or Oct. Doesn't that require a min 12 month lay off?

Checked the internet doc & I quote- "Full recovery to pre-surgical strength and success usually takes 18 to 24 months . That??™s Tommy John surgery in a nutshell".

Maybe thats not the surgery she had. If it is I wish her well, hopefully she will be allowed ample time to recover properly, too many times you see young athlete's pushed back into the game by their own or maybe their parents desire for them to compete only to further prolong recovery.

Her Dad (Ricky) and her Coach (Becky) won't "push" her back into competition to quickly. I can assure you of that. Ricky and his wife have religiously followed Shelby all over the country watching her play softball and they aren't going to throw away a promising college career for a few high school games. If she isn't ready to go at the start of the season, Rachel Curtis and freshman Brooke Herron are more than capable of keeping Forrest afloat until Shelby is ready to play. Forrest has pretty much everyone back and is now complemented by more depth so don't be surprised if they are holding the big trophy high again this season.